maesai/tachilek border/visa runs any feedback?

how does the recent situation with border runs play out at the mae sai/tachilek border crossing?

does anyone have feed back? more precisely can one get stuck in Myanmar with nowhere to go

as the 'border cross permit' entering Myanmar (@ 500 thb) is not a visa and doesn't allow onward travel in Myanmar.

I usually go there every 90 days but instead of going north at Chiang Rai I would do the border crossing in Laos. I haven't stayed in Myanmar more than a few hours but Loa is more like Thailand. Although I hate their currency but if you do Lao just take a bunch of Bhat. Just depends the type of visa you have. I have only met one person that went to Burma to stay a few weeks so I'm guessing you can. But Lao > Myanmar.

Sent from my iPad

FYI I always take $10 and 500 Bhat but I never show my Thai money and just act like I own the place...aka have confidence. 10 90 day visa runs never been asked for Bhat.

Sent from my iPad

so not allowing one to exit from maesai i suppose immigration will give you 7 days to leave the territory from another place?

(this doesn't apply to myself (non imm B but a girl asked me

and I couldn't reply. Thanks)

Edited by orchis

so not allowing one to exit from maesai i suppose immigration will give you 7 days to leave the territory from another place?

(this doesn't apply to myself (non imm B but a girl asked me

and I couldn't reply. Thanks)

When you try to leave Thailand and show your passport they will check to see if you qualify for an entry back to Thailand if not they will not let you leave unless you have a visa for Myanmar. You then have the option of applying for a 7 day extension, paying 1900 baht baht and getting 7 days to leave.

• 2 weeks later...