Cambodians arrested for robbing Russian tourists in Pattaya

webfact

wow,so many on here bag Pattaya,i love Pattaya and it's night life,always spend a few days there every trip,and will be back there next month,Pattaya has so many wonderful things to see and do and it's not expensive there.i just don't walk along the beach late at night.i go with my Thai gf each time and we have a great time,love the restaurants.Now you's can bag me lolwai2.gifcoffee1.gif

One of the tiny minority of tourists that the Pattaya police come through for. Do they know how lucky they are?

No unusual for Patts police to be involved in crimes against tourists.

I think 3 years in prison, deportation and a life ban from entering Thailand should be fair.

We don;t need criminals from other countries, we already have enough Thai criminals.

And a lot of farang criminals who needs to be caught and deported too.

• Like 1

Wow! I see all the Pattaya haters/slammers are out in force. As if crime does not happen where they live!

Yes. Use a bit of common sense and you can have a great time in Pattaya.

I've noticed several press reports over the years of individuals who've gone live up the jungle with the latest love in their life, and ended up surrounded by grasping family, ex-boyfriends, wannabe future boy friends and the local village rowdies, with no one to talk to and offer help and advice, and ended up with a knife in the gut. Now that is dangerous.

At least most of us in Patts have friends from our own culture we can turn to if things go pear shaped, and a polce force that may have a reputation for corruption but does seem to realize that to keep the money machine turning it needs to keep the falang ATMs alive and kicking. whistling.gif

• Like 1

I don't know about you guys, but aside from anything else, I find there's something really heatbreaking about the look on that girl's face, and I just feel so sorry for her. The guy's ok too, but wow, she seems sooo sad and traumatized.

They look completely unlike other Russians in Pattaya who can be offensively rough and vulgar. You'd say they're a newlywed couple of sorts and when you see her face you think wow... Buddha must have been on the watch that night ... so it'll be a bad memory for her but at least not a total nightmare.

D*mn... here was a couple of really good Russians for once and they probably won't ever come back ... it sucks big time !

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 1

One of the tiny minority of tourists that the Pattaya police come through for. Do they know how lucky they are?

I think 3 years in prison, deportation and a life ban from entering Thailand should be fair.

We don;t need criminals from other countries, we already have enough Thai criminals.

In Britain ,they would be "pour victims of hard times" given a harsh talking too and sent to the nearest social security office by the dopy left wing idiots in charge.

Not if they had a motor bike they wouldnt

I still enjoy a visit to Pattaya and used live near there in Jomtien.It is true though that it attracts the worst of both Thai and Farang .I never found it dangerous ,but my Girlfriend of the day did get her bag snatched while she rode on the back of my motorcycle .I also got an expensive phone stolen while entering a bus in Bangkok.So far after 4 years in Chiang Mai ,i have nothing bad to report.

I agree - I have traveled/stayed in Jomtien for over 10-years and have had no problems.

While it does get the ocassional goofy tourist, all-in-all it's very comfortable and nothing like the Pattaya yahoo's.

Also, Jomtien is more family oriented, both falang and Thai.

In Britain ,they would be "pour victims of hard times" given a harsh talking too and sent to the nearest social security office by the dopy left wing idiots in charge.

The conservatives see themselves as right of centre, their coalition partners; the liberals see them selves as screwed!

What never ceases to amaze me are all the Pattaya haters who proclaim that Pattaya is an cesspool, but are still active in the Pattaya forum. Why would you want to be active in a forum dedicated to something you hate?crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

I think Bangkok is an armpit so I'm not active in the Bangkok forum - why would I? I have a feeling that for many of the haters there is a fair amount of jealousy behind the filth they spew.

Then why are Russians allowed into this country, or any other after what they have done to the passengers on MH 17 ? Best thing for all governments to do would be to deny any Russians entry into any country for the next few months or more. Sorry to hurt the average peasant there, but they probably have no idea of what is going on in the outside world and need to be taught a lesson on how much everyone is appalled by their governments (Thugs) actions.

If you feel for the Russians, ask the Poles, Finns, Hungarians, Czechs (and on and on) what the Russians are really like like!

• Like 1

Taking a wife or girlfriend to Pattaya is totally irresponsible.....

Yes I agree. You are not helping to support the local 'economy' as much as you could be by doing that....oh wait maybe you mean't something else.wink.png

Edited by lapd