Do you Believe in Ghosts?

Costas2008

I was always, fascinated, in my life, about ghosts and paranormal activities.

I’ve heard and read, thousands of Ghost stories and appearances all over the world.

I thought that England had the lead on Ghost stories till I came to Thailand.

Thais, do believe that ghosts exist, and many have seen them also.

Every day we read about a ghost story in Thailand and I can’t understand the reaction of so many members on TVF condemning or ridiculing the Thais.

Why?

Why, would I believe some ex-pat members and not the experiences of a whole nation?

Why wouldn’t members give the Thais the benefit of the doubt?

I would like to hear your opinions on this subject.

Edited by Rooo
Font

I’ve heard and read, thousands of Ghost stories and appearances all over the world.

Every day we read about a ghost story in Thailand and I can’t understand the reaction of so many members on TVF condemning or ridiculing the Thais.

Why?

Why, would I believe some ex-pat members and not the experiences of a whole nation?

Why wouldn’t members give the Thais the benefit of the doubt?

A long time ago some people thought the earth was flat and the sun revolved around it.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

If you believe in ghosts, you see ghosts. If you don't, you see shadows and plastic bags blowing around. I only saw one once, in the UK, the night my grandmother died, she came to visit. i still don't believe in them. An apparition was seen in my wife's old house several times until we completely rebuilt it. The people involved weren't told about our little problem. Doesn't matter.

• Like 2

If you believe in ghosts, you see ghosts. If you don't, you see shadows and plastic bags blowing around. I only saw one once, in the UK, the night my grandmother died, she came to visit. i still don't believe in them. An apparition was seen in my wife's old house several times until we completely rebuilt it. The people involved weren't told about our little problem. Doesn't matter.

This is what I can't understand.

Why the self denial?

You encountered twice in your life some paranormal activities.

Why do you force yourself not to believe what you experienced?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Here's why: David Hume, 'On Miracles'.

That is an opinion of a Scottish philosopher.

Humanity and science are evolving by the day.

Shouldn't we be more open minded?

Sure. When the facts change, change your opinion but don't use an opinion to change the facts. Nice new empirical evidence displaying consilience with other bodies of solid fact and well established theory and I'll believe anything. Even that which I don't already believe or don't want to believe. Gotta love David Hume.

• Like 1

This is what I can't understand.

Why the self denial?

You encountered twice in your life some paranormal activities.

Why do you force yourself not to believe what you experienced?

This is much too complicated to go into here. It depends what you mean by ghosts. Obviously I don't believe in stuff like in Ghost Busters but I also don't believe that there is a conscious presence behind ' apparitions '. My Grandmother was probably still alive when she visited, although clinically dead. The rest: like I said, just shadows, reflections, the presence of some unexplained phenomena, but really nothing to worry about. I don't believe in ghosties. People that do will see spooks where I see shadows. if you believe in witchcraft, it will work on you, ... I won't go on.

• Like 2

whistling.gif No. I don't but I'll tell you story.

My mother died while I as in Vietnam. i was notified by the Army. and they were trying to get me a flight homr.

Thai was abouit 48 hours after her death.

I was waiting in an airport in Saigon until I could get a flight home for her funeral.

I woke up from a nap and I saw my mother looking down at me from a few feet above me.

She was crying, I saw the tears running down her face.

{ was wide awake, I saw people moving behind my mother's figure.

She asked me a question about this Vietnamese girl I had met.

She didn"t speak, she just thought the question and I heard her thoughts.

I answered her question and she smiled. Then she faded away, and I saw the same scene I had been seeing only the part that her figure had blocked off before was now visible after her figure faded out.

Only then did I remember that I had never told her the name of that Vietnamese girl whose name she used in the question to me while she was alive.

i had written her a letter about that girl using the irl's name and she died before it was mailed.

That's my "Ghost" story..... it happened to me in January 1967 ..... two days after my mother died.

You don't.......but you saw your late mother, God Bless Her Soul.

Are you contradicting your self here?

Never will get a good answer on this. Ghosts, I believe, are created through our imagination and wishes for an afterlife.

No solid proof was ever provided, other than blurred photos of phenomenon, looking like ghosts. Interesting enough to know that ghosts are cross cultural apparitions, and many bear the same features and physics.

When I am with somebody in a large house, nothing seems odd. However, when I am alone, things sometimes happen...and I get the goosebumps.

Power of suggestion...perhaps

• Like 2

Its to long a story to type but myself and staff where i worked came across something "supernatural" over a long period of time ,never actually seeing anyone ,then as we left the premisis on the last day both myself and a girl who i worked with saw the "ghost" and he smiled at us before disapearing ,do i believe ,not really ,but i know what i saw and i remember it to this day ,on another occasion we used a weegi board ,some friends and i ,i would never ever do it again.

• Like 1

ghosts,,,,

do you think it is just people who come back?

or all animals?

just think how many animals are killed or die?

surely its not just people who come back, people would be seeing animals all over the place, but this never happens, its always grandma, grandpa,

im not saying i dont believe my mind is open to allsorts ,

jake

http://www.angelsghosts.com/animal_ghosts

• Like 1

I was a bit shocked as our ghost house cost more than our shed. Of course, I know ghosts exist. I've never seen one but felt one's presence many times.At my mate's house, every time I went to the bathroom I felt as though someone was following me. I often felt very cold and had goose bumps and started to shiver. I didn't want to say anything as I thought it was paranoia. Some time later he told me that when he bought the house he removed a stair lift that the old guy before had. I told him the feelings I had and he said at least 4 other people including himself had felt the same.

lief..

Edited by Johnniey
  • Like 1

Why is it, nearly every photo of a ghost is always some old grainy black and white picture or the picture quality is appalling?

Also, I would expect to see a lot more pictures (with the billions of mobile phones with a camera) nowadays as there are billions of pictures being taken every day?

Until I see one with my own eyes (and sober), I am a non-believer BUT if I ever saw one I would instantly become a believer! Alas, I think I have a LONG wait!

• Like 1

Ive heard and read, thousands of Ghost stories and appearances all over the world.

Every day we read about a ghost story in Thailand and I cant understand the reaction of so many members on TVF condemning or ridiculing the Thais.

Why?

Why wouldnt members give the Thais the benefit of the doubt?

A long time ago some people thought the earth was flat and the sun revolved around it.

Those beliefs were prevalent in Europe, anyway, and not all that long ago, maybe 20 generations back.

If we're talking about ghosts being spirits, as in astral entities, put me in the believer column, all the way. Nothing to be afraid of there, either.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1