police checkpoints

zeichen

This guy used to be a regular on Saturday afternoons out on the Super Hwy (Southbound at the Airport exit underpass).

He got me about a year ago (500 baht) and since then I slow down at this area.....

They're there often.  Why?  Because it's walking distance from Traffic Police HQ.   They also do "emission" checks regularly there, where they rev the <deleted> out of older pickups, and surprise, surprise, black smoke comes out.  What do you expect from a diesel engine when you red line it, & the diesel sold here is dirty?  Extortion....

Advice is to slow down at that location & take the frontage road if in an older pick up.  applies northbound & southbound.  Also avoids the queues at the checkpoint.

• 2 weeks later...

Your still invisible if your riding a bicycle, tested the cops at the Central Airport Plaza intersection today while crossing way over the front line and pulling up a few meters from 2 officers with their shiny samsungs out taking pics of traffic

being at the bottom of the barrel does have it's benefits

• Like 1

Your still invisible if your riding a bicycle, tested the cops at the Central Airport Plaza intersection today while crossing way over the front line and pulling up a few meters from 2 officers with their shiny samsungs out taking pics of traffic

It's true and maybe will spur more clean transportation like bicycling.

I saw two guys from India or maybe Bangladesh ? riding bicyles the wrong way on Huay Kaew in the normal curbside motorbike lane and caused a dangerous Cluster f@c% and no less than two BIB's on motorbikes witnessed this and didn't do a thing.

There must be an standing order to completely ignore all non revenue generating law breaking.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Maybe the police were also Mormons.

Just what backward country are you from that does not require you to carry your ownership papers and  insurance papers? Or doesn't get upset about no drivers license. Not that they make a big deal about it.sad.png

Or is that the reason you left the country? They expected you to respect their laws.

Times are changing. I hear Cambodia is a lot more easier on enforcing any laws they have for traffic. But with the 2015 joining of the nations you may have to go to Africa to find a country that is willing to let you live by your own laws or should I say lack of?clap2.gif

England is my backward country. When i lived there no need to carry your driver's licence, or ownership papers. Not the law. Maybe it is now, but i don't know. All they did was ask you to show your papers and stuff at the police station within seven days. 

If the law is an ass some people still abide by it, while others choose not to. I've lived in thailand for more than two decades, mostly by my own laws, not the state's. I have to make exceptions, of course, but c'est la vie. How does it work? Easy, i respect thais and their nation, and i never intentionally cause any harm to them or anyone else. In fact i live much like they do, i love their irreverance for the law if it gets in their way of living an easy comfortable life.

It's interseting to me watching the western approach to law being implemented here, and how far it might go. Their culture is being severely tested by this. It's also interesting seeing the different kinds of replies to threads like this from the farang.

Just a game. Don't take it so seriously. Mai pen seriert, yeah man, mai pen rai, sabai sabai.

Some how I think England has caught up to Thailand now about carrying papers. I could be wrong I realize that in some areas England is so far behind they think they are first

As for the way the Thais disrespect the law. Well I do not agree with it but on the other hand It is part of their culture which I do greatly enjoy. Kind of a catch 22 for me. For myself I do not want the hassle or the penalty so when I am in a vehicle of on one I obey them. It hurts me in no way. As for the Western implementing of laws. I think not when it comes to traffic laws. It is still a hit or miss thing. All though it makes sense to carry the papers as it dos no harm to you or them and in case of accident would better there chances of finding out who you are where you live in order to notify people also insurance papers for the hospitalization purposes.

The government has found itself in a position where in order for Thailand to progress they must implement the laws more sternly and maintain that degree of effort. For instance they have just announced that they want to have 40% of Thailand to be Jungle in ten years for this they have to implement the existing laws and stick to them.

Will they well that is the question.

I got stopped the other day at Nawarat bridge. The cop let about 20 Thai motorcyclist pass him by, nearly getting himself run over and killed in the process just to get to me.

Helmet. Check. Licence. Check. Registration. Check. Photocopy of Registration book . Fail

Cop : You pay here or at police station ?

Me  : How much if I pay here ?

Cop :500 baht.

Me :  I don't have that much on me.

Cop: How much you have ?

Me : 300 baht

Cop: O.K you pay now 300 baht. But you no show na. you no show.

He then proceeded to pretend writing a ticket, ripped it off the pad and told me to fold the money inside.

Leech.

Just what backward country are you from that does not require you to carry your ownership papers and  insurance papers? Or doesn't get upset about no drivers license. Not that they make a big deal about it.sad.png

Or is that the reason you left the country? They expected you to respect their laws.

Times are changing. I hear Cambodia is a lot more easier on enforcing any laws they have for traffic. But with the 2015 joining of the nations you may have to go to Africa to find a country that is willing to let you live by your own laws or should I say lack of?clap2.gif

England is my backward country. When i lived there no need to carry your driver's licence, or ownership papers. Not the law. Maybe it is now, but i don't know. All they did was ask you to show your papers and stuff at the police station within seven days. 

If the law is an ass some people still abide by it, while others choose not to. I've lived in thailand for more than two decades, mostly by my own laws, not the state's. I have to make exceptions, of course, but c'est la vie. How does it work? Easy, i respect thais and their nation, and i never intentionally cause any harm to them or anyone else. In fact i live much like they do, i love their irreverance for the law if it gets in their way of living an easy comfortable life.

It's interseting to me watching the western approach to law being implemented here, and how far it might go. Their culture is being severely tested by this. It's also interesting seeing the different kinds of replies to threads like this from the farang.

Just a game. Don't take it so seriously. Mai pen seriert, yeah man, mai pen rai, sabai sabai.

Some how I think England has caught up to Thailand now about carrying papers. I could be wrong I realize that in some areas England is so far behind they think they are first

As for the way the Thais disrespect the law. Well I do not agree with it but on the other hand It is part of their culture which I do greatly enjoy. Kind of a catch 22 for me. For myself I do not want the hassle or the penalty so when I am in a vehicle of on one I obey them. It hurts me in no way. As for the Western implementing of laws. I think not when it comes to traffic laws. It is still a hit or miss thing. All though it makes sense to carry the papers as it dos no harm to you or them and in case of accident would better there chances of finding out who you are where you live in order to notify people also insurance papers for the hospitalization purposes.

The government has found itself in a position where in order for Thailand to progress they must implement the laws more sternly and maintain that degree of effort. For instance they have just announced that they want to have 40% of Thailand to be Jungle in ten years for this they have to implement the existing laws and stick to them.

Will they well that is the question.

ND,

How often do you drive?