The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride - Bangkok/Pattaya

I will be there with my suit on this year! Not sure what I will be riding as my big girl has an electrical fault.....and I can't find it! facepalm.gif

Yes boys and girls, it could take till the 28th of September to find out what the problem is! No, I am not slack (?????). whistling.gif The bike is in Pattaya and I am there only 2 weeks out of 6.

But if someone knows a bike guru who can work on it I am willing to allow said guru the opportunity to 'make our day'! happy.png Well the 28th of September to be precise.

PM if you know the guru's wereabouts. smile.png

Hi BSJ

Hope you can make it again this year!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will try to be there as well,looks like a fun event, have to dust off my little Cafe Racer and mentally prepare myself for a 900KM (v.v) journey on that old 150cc 2 stroke, which i normally only use for sort rides :-)

post-143096-0-01466900-1406283361_thumb.post-143096-0-11027100-1406283384_thumb.

If i make it i will wear a suit.

Will try to be there as well,looks like a fun event, have to dust off my little Cafe Racer and mentally prepare myself for a 900KM (v.v) journey on that old 150cc 2 stroke, which i normally only use for sort rides :-)

attachicon.gifP6280003.JPGattachicon.gifP6280004.JPG

Hi Dutchbike

Nice little racer you've got there!

Would be nice to see you at the ride, but 900km are not a joke. Why don't you organize one where you live? Where DO you live?

Hi Dutchbike

Would be nice to see you at the ride, but 900km are not a joke. Why don't you organize one where you live? Where DO you live?

Buriram province.... I'll doubt it if i find enough participents around here.

Well it's 450 km one way, rode already quite some times to Sattahip/Jomtien on a KLX250 so i'm used to ride long distances on small displacement bikes :-)

Hi Dutchbike

Well it's 450 km one way, rode already quite some times to Sattahip/Jomtien on a KLX250 so i'm used to ride long distances on small displacement bikes :-)

You should get a Distinguished Gentleman's Iron Butt Award after a 900 KM round trip on a KLX!

Hi Dutchbike

A train trip from buri ram with your nice two stroker might be a good idea for you toolaugh.png

I'm game. Be OK on a Z800?

I'll get a tux made for it, sounds like good fun but will feel weird riding without gear.

Sorry. Only Z1000.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm game. Be OK on a Z800?

I'll get a tux made for it, sounds like good fun but will feel weird riding without gear.

Sorry. Only Z1000.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am sure you will look dapper in your tuxedo.

post-63954-0-21679900-1406294653_thumb.j

Displacement is definitely not an issue. Although classic and custom bikes are preferred,I don't really want to make it too strict.

As long as you can synch with the spirit of it all, I see no problem in joining on any kind of bike.

Then I will definitely join on my Suzuki K125 :-)

Honda wave herelaugh.png

That is not a classic.

It is! It is a variant of Honda Cub that is around for many decades.

Now you're just trolling.

Edited by bramds

Honda wave herelaugh.png

That is not a classic.

It is! It is a variant of Honda Cub that is around for many decades.

Now you're just trolling.

Brands, I am not!

Man you organize this?

• 4 weeks later...

From the 'big boss organizer' Mark Hawwa in Australia. A reminder of what it is all about...

If you want to participate, please join the ride on the official website: http://www.gentlemansride.com/about/ride/Bangkok

thank you

Hey Guys, We are looking for anyone keen to help out with this years ride. There are some guidelines we have which will give you an idea of what is involved. It is a niche event and its a niche event for a few good reasons - It was founded as a niche event. Its always been about the classic bikes, cafe racers, bobbers and that custom culture around it. There have always been plenty of events for the other categories and this was my way of creating something for the niches, the little guys.

Keeping it to the niches keeps it manageable by our 200+ volunteer organisers. If we broadened the range of bikes, we broaden the burden on our volunteers. We try and keep it as simple and positive as possible for these guys.

Safety reasons - Our track record is really good! The cruiser, sports, modern scooter, and dirt bike markets are large markets. If we open this to all things two and three wheeled. It increases the amount of people it attracts and increases the risks to all participants.

A positive experience - All these rides globally are positive. There is theatre involved we wear dapper and tweed. These don't mix with tarmac. We ride slow through the heart of the city and spread merriment. This positive experience if turned into thousands of riders causes congestion, traffic issues, safety issues and will ultimately result in authorities/councils shutting us down. DGR is witnessed positive by the general public and it breaks stereotypes for all riders. Turning it into a negative experience affects our fundraising and awareness objectives.

If you have any other questions or suggestions on how we can open this to all things two wheels effectively while keeping it authentic i would love to hear it. if you are interesting in helping us with this ride, let me know. All motorcycle segments have charity events based around their style of bikes. This isnt meant to be 'elitist' in anyway and if thats the case I apologise.

[email protected]

From the 'big boss organizer' Mark Hawwa in Australia. A reminder of what it is all about...

If you want to participate, please join the ride on the official website: http://www.gentlemansride.com/about/ride/Bangkok

thank you

Hey Guys, We are looking for anyone keen to help out with this years ride. There are some guidelines we have which will give you an idea of what is involved. It is a niche event and its a niche event for a few good reasons - It was founded as a niche event. Its always been about the classic bikes, cafe racers, bobbers and that custom culture around it. There have always been plenty of events for the other categories and this was my way of creating something for the niches, the little guys.

Keeping it to the niches keeps it manageable by our 200+ volunteer organisers. If we broadened the range of bikes, we broaden the burden on our volunteers. We try and keep it as simple and positive as possible for these guys.

Safety reasons - Our track record is really good! The cruiser, sports, modern scooter, and dirt bike markets are large markets. If we open this to all things two and three wheeled. It increases the amount of people it attracts and increases the risks to all participants.

A positive experience - All these rides globally are positive. There is theatre involved we wear dapper and tweed. These don't mix with tarmac. We ride slow through the heart of the city and spread merriment. This positive experience if turned into thousands of riders causes congestion, traffic issues, safety issues and will ultimately result in authorities/councils shutting us down. DGR is witnessed positive by the general public and it breaks stereotypes for all riders. Turning it into a negative experience affects our fundraising and awareness objectives.

If you have any other questions or suggestions on how we can open this to all things two wheels effectively while keeping it authentic i would love to hear it. if you are interesting in helping us with this ride, let me know. All motorcycle segments have charity events based around their style of bikes. This isnt meant to be 'elitist' in anyway and if thats the case I apologise.

[email protected]

Hi Omega Racer. Yes I would like to join this ride from Pattaya as it sounds like a fun day out with like minded people. If You need any help with the organisation of the ride then please let me know. A couple of questions, I followed your links but could find no information on start time and meeting point from Pattaya.

Cheers Chris H

Hi Chris

Please go to the official website http://www.gentlemansride.com/about/countries/thailand

and register for the ride. You'll find all the details of the ride. There you'll also be able to donate for prostate cancer research.

Thank you for the offer of helping with the organization. I think I'm cool for now. I've got the guys from "Ride and Pride" in Bangkok helping me with Thai translations and such. The only thing I haven't finalized yet, is the round trip in Bang Saen. I'm not sure what the best route would be. Any ideas?

Shouldn't be too long and it should avoid large congested roads.

Hi Omega Racer, yes registered now, looked at the site but no details as to where the rides start in Pattaya or Bangkok that I can find. As to the routes, unfortunately from Pattaya the only way I can see is straight up the Route 3 and then left to Won Napha beach and follow the coast road to Bang Saen. Likewise from Bangkok, either down the Route 3 or 315, at the junction for the Route 3 and 315 just before Chonburi, take the Surachai Rd to Ang Sila, left at the T junction and head for the Phraya Satcha Rd which will lead to the coast Rd 3134 to Bang Saen. There may be a better route but not shown on the map I am using. Will do a test ride later this week from Pattaya.

Edited by aitch52

Go to the list of participating countries, click Thailand (Bangkok Ride), then click "View Ride Page". They could only write one city per ride, hence only 'Bangkok' and not 'Bangkok/Pattaya'.

Anyways, the Pattaya group meets at the Bangkok Hospital parking lot at 9:20 and starts at 9:45.

Let me know if you can find it.