How will the new visa regulations change Thailand's expat community?

DaveWalsh

will stop all those tourist visa lesby fems from polluting the thai childrens minds so indeed a very good move.

What happened Chunky... TGF leave you for a western lesby fem or something ? rolleyes.gif

I have read some bizzare posting on the visa crack down thing, but yours has to be one of the strangest laugh.png

• Like 2

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will stop all those tourist visa lesby fems from polluting the thai childrens minds so indeed a very good move.

What happened Chunky... TGF leave you for a western lesby fem or something ? rolleyes.gif

I have read some bizzare posting on the visa crack down thing, but yours has to be one of the strangest laugh.png

Looks like he's already been taken out to pasture, so you'r unlikely to get a response. Maybe his head has been crushed between the thighs of a chunky lesbo fem laugh.png

• Like 1

Oil and gas offshore is so old school,have worked on offshore wind parks with scandinavian subcontractors who work six months and are off six months and live the high life in Thailand and Phils or Indonesia company even pays airplane tickets .

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmm................... that's exactly what O&G workers do.

The answer is quite simple - those expats who are prepared to follow Thai laws, pay their taxes, employ the correct number of Thai staff, pay for the health benefit for the staff, get the correct visa for their circumstances, hold funds at the right level etc, will still be OK. What will happen is we get rid of all the dodgy spongers who are not prepared to follow the rules, pay their dues etc. This is not our Country, we are guests, if you don't like the rules, get out. The expat community will then be more respected by the Thais for appreciating we are guests here, and are prepared to adhere to the Thai rules and customs.

Some one once said - A Country makes it comfortable for their people and not for outsiders. If you want to live amongst them, be prepared to change your comfort zone.

Some one once said - A Country makes it comfortable for their people and not for outsiders. If you want to live amongst them, be prepared to change your comfort zone.

...but this someone couldn't be one of the leaders in europe,isn't?

Oil and gas offshore is so old school,have worked on offshore wind parks with scandinavian subcontractors who work six months and are off six months and live the high life in Thailand and Phils or Indonesia company even pays airplane tickets .

offshore wind farms are for little girls, and tree huggers, not a real offshore job playing with a windmill

haha

I'm not getting into that one..... (you're right though)

Anyway....topdrive has shit itself again...off to the floor i go

• Like 1

The answer is quite simple - those expats who are prepared to follow Thai laws, pay their taxes, employ the correct number of Thai staff, pay for the health benefit for the staff, get the correct visa for their circumstances, hold funds at the right level etc, will still be OK. What will happen is we get rid of all the dodgy spongers who are not prepared to follow the rules, pay their dues etc. This is not our Country, we are guests, if you don't like the rules, get out. The expat community will then be more respected by the Thais for appreciating we are guests here, and are prepared to adhere to the Thai rules and customs.

...but this someone couldn't be one of the leaders in europe,isn't?

It certainly wasnt any of the leaders past and present ,especialy the odious Blair in the UK, its comfortable for anyone as long as they are not born and bred there ,christian, working , and not a pensioner. everyone else gets it all.

offshore wind farms are for little girls, and tree huggers, not a real offshore job playing with a windmill

seing the whole of the uk coastline and some other european coastlines being built full of them and the money said company's pay i would beg to differ and love to be called a tree hugger Oil and Gas is so over.

Next step: making it a lot more difficult to qualify for a retirement visa. Some parts of Thailand are quickly turning into a mini Florida.

you mean some parts of Thailand are full of fat American's with a superglup in hand ?rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

i would beg to differ and love to be called a tree hugger Oil and Gas is so over.

You believe what you want my son if it makes you sleep at night...wink.png

You love being called a tree hugger ?

what about if I called you a little girl playing with a Windmill ? giggle.gif

A delicious troll from the OP -

Digital nomads are, by definition, nomadic - for the majority it won't make a blind bit of difference. Worst case scenario they'll get a tourist visa and extend. I happen to know several high-flying nomads who are semi-resident in Chiang Mai, and they have all gone for ed visas. They are loving the direct flight to Hong Kong as they are over there setting up corporate entities to bank their vast online earnings tax-free.

I suppose the OP is highly jealous of people that earn literally thousands of dollars per day playing around on the internet - and without a work permit too!!!! ooooh - maybe the OP would like to grass them all up. Maybe that's what he is reduced to in life - he's found his calling, his station - witless trolling and grassing on people.

Toddle off back to the sandpit you infantile clown.

Next step: making it a lot more difficult to qualify for a retirement visa. Some parts of Thailand are quickly turning into a mini Florida.

you mean some parts of Thailand are full of fat American's with a superglup in hand ?rolleyes.gif

SAS brigade. Socks and Sandals.

Digital nomads are, by definition, nomadic - for the majority it won't make a blind bit of difference. Worst case scenario they'll get a tourist visa and extend. I happen to know several high-flying nomads who are semi-resident in Chiang Mai, and they have all gone for ed visas. They are loving the direct flight to Hong Kong as they are over there setting up corporate entities to bank their vast online earnings tax-free.

I suppose the OP is highly jealous of people that earn literally thousands of dollars per day playing around on the internet - and without a work permit too!!!! ooooh - maybe the OP would like to grass them all up. Maybe that's what he is reduced to in life - he's found his calling, his station - witless trolling and grassing on people.

Pat, I can't go back to it, as I haven't left it.

• Like 2

At least you acknowledge that - I do get some degree of entertainment from you. You are the ninnyhammer par excellence of Thaivisa.

When I want my daily fix of inane drivel, I look out for your posts.

At least you acknowledge that - I do get some degree of entertainment from you. You are the ninnyhammer par excellence of Thaivisa.

When I want my daily fix of inane drivel, I look out for your posts.

Glad to be of service Pat.

• Like 1

AEC will allow free movement of skilled labour. You still have to prove that the foreigner (ASEAN national) is skilled for the job, and apply for a work permit for him. It's supposed to be easier than for non-ASEAN foreigners, but the details have not been published yet.

AEC is supposed to start on 31 December 2015, so I don't expect to see many changes during that year.

Furthermore, there are also many Western expats working in the Philippines, so it does not look like Filipinos will replace all expats.

Sure but the expats in Flipper Land aren't teaching English, are they? No one said that all expat jobs are going to be taken by Flippers.

No, this was in response to the poster that said only 2nd and 3rd rate expats will get work permits in Thailand. In that context it was also suggested that Filipinos will take over their jobs because they speak English. Management jobs, not teaching jobs.

It would have followed that there are no expats with work permits, working for MNCs, in the Philippines, as those 2nd and 3rd rated people are not needed there. But that's not the case. The only thing that follows is that the poster has no clue what expat managers do and are paid for. Some of them handsomely.

i would beg to differ and love to be called a tree hugger Oil and Gas is so over.

You believe what you want my son if it makes you sleep at night...wink.png

You love being called a tree hugger ?

what about if I called you a little girl playing with a Windmill ? giggle.gif

Some of my tree hugger friends and myself are having a larf with you .......don't try to be an arse.

What's all this pathetic talk of second and third rate foreigners? - in whose judgment?

Who are these idiots that talk of such things?

ps - MrToad - I was only kidding.

I was just trying to show off a new word that I learned.

I'm feeling guilty now. sad.png

• Like 1

I see much of Thailand's Expats as old U.K. curmudgeons who wish to keep the Thailand Expat Community 'Clean' of new younger folks - all the while their homeland is fastly becoming another country altogether ... neigh on becoming an Islamic state. Britain will be bereft of anything Olde English in the very near future... Only a shell of England will exist in fifteen years coming ... just memories of a times past ... But in Thailand one must fight the intruder -- those young guys who work on line -- those infidels... those bloody intruders in my new adopted homeland - Thailand ... Oh well ... England and the U.K. can fend for themselves ... homeland allegiance be damned...

What's all this pathetic talk of second and third rate foreigners? - in whose judgment?

Who are these idiots that talk of such things?

ps - MrToad - I was only kidding.

I was just trying to show off a new word that I learned.

I'm feeling guilty now. sad.png

feeling gulity ? buy a TGAU... you will better in seconds..thumbsup.gif

I don't think that "some parts of Thailand" turning in a mini Florida is a bad thing...

I think the retirement visa is one of the best things that were ever conceived by a Thai government with regards to foreigners wanting to settle here. And I do think it is good if foreign retirees (with the financial means required for the retirement visa) can settle here, both for the retirees as well as for the country.

And no, I am not here on a retirement visa.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is time to crack down on these law breakers Thai doesn't need these people The Expat Community will be more high class

This a great idea and will improve Thailand for all

I am glad this is being done

Thanks

It is also time that people stopped calling visa runners "law breakers". They were not breaking the law. They were taking advantage of the system with the full knowledge and complicity of the Thai immigration service.

Just because Thailand has decided to enforce her laws PROPERLY, doesn't mean that those who availed themselves of the immigration service's generosity should be deemed criminals overnight.

This is not a self-serving argument - I've never had a visa exempt entry stamped into my passport.

I'm just a bit fed up with the smug pillocks who think that they've actually ACHIEVED something or are part of an elite group by being born before a certain year.

Visa runners are only law breakers if they violate the conditions of their visa. For example, if someone is on a tourist visa or a 30-day exempt stamp, he is not allowed to work. Believe it or not, I know people who work (for example as English teachers) for years while being a tourist by law. That certainly makes them law breakers.

ALso there's a minimum of 500 years worth of oil and gas (some say over 2,000) So i get the feeling people will be working off and onshore in O&G a lot longer than doing these awful windfarms

good TV program on discovery a while about about the Chinese drilling for gas with bamboo drill bits/ bamboo derricks etc... very interesting and that was 2000 years ago

they say wind farmers are enviromentally friendly, tell that to the birds, some rare species, that get shredded in them on a regular basis..rolleyes.gif

ALso there's a minimum of 500 years worth of oil and gas (some say over 2,000) So i get the feeling people will be working off and onshore in O&G a lot longer than doing these awful windfarms

good TV program on discovery a while about about the Chinese drilling for gas with bamboo drill bits/ bamboo derricks etc... very interesting and that was 2000 years ago

they say wind farmers are enviromentally friendly, tell that to the birds, some rare species, that get shredded in them on a regular basis..rolleyes.gif

I'm sure someone will say, "Prove we have 2000 years worth of oil"

I can't, as there is nothing online but if you are in the game you know they are fisnind fields under fields, we just don't have (or need) the tech to get there yet

All substitutes teachers working in International schools will be replaced by Thai !

cheesy.gif

Oh what a fun lessons will be,

-English grammar

- Chinese

- French

-German

- Spanish

Of course Thai people can speak ALL these languages, they don't need us !

Mr SP, there is a Windmill in Pattaya if I recall, a place with very friendly girls laugh.png

• Like 1