Malaysia Airlines MH17 tragedy to affect Thai tourism: Official

webfact

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowingly fly over a war zone, that is how responsible the Malaysian are. No other Asian airline who do that. Farang airlines might, for the sake of saving a few penny at the expense of human safety.

Don't throw stones in a glass house. Thai airways took that route too and speaking of saving a few pennies at the expense of human safety... Tell me that story again about One-Two-Go and why they are out of business?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It won't have any effect whatsoever.

However, I can tell you now I will never fly with Malaysian airlines.

I would. They are a good airline. I have flown with them before.

The first incident unexplained, but for me, not a crash. The second, shot out of the sky, not a crash.

Edited by delh

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

look at the cargo list two dogs and birds ,why where birds on the flight ,yes thailand should look at clearing crime first cleaning up the act ,i do ask myself every time i go into the sea at north Pattaya how long will i live ,its gone from heaven clean sea in the 70 s to what looks like hell ,brown in coulor ,should someone check if its safe

It would be nice to know what point you are trying to make?

Knowingly fly over a war zone, that is how responsible the Malaysian are. No other Asian airline who do that. Farang airlines might, for the sake of saving a few penny at the expense of human safety.

Don't throw stones in a glass house. Thai airways took that route too and speaking of saving a few pennies at the expense of human safety... Tell me that story again about One-Two-Go and why they are out of business?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes unfortunately THAI Airways, Singapore and others (including Lufthansa) were using that route before the tragedy, just like MAS. On the other hand, Qantas, Asiana and British Airways already stopped flying over eastern Ukraine since April. Unfortunately fate caught up with MAS on that horrible day, but it could have been any other of these airlines that also kept on overflying Ukrainian airspace. Now THAI thinks it's clever by stating on it's website that "THAI doesn't use Ukraine airspace" well duh, the Ukrainian government closed it down since the tragedy occurred! How about BEFORE July 17? Well according to flightradar24.com and flightaware.com the evidence is quite clear - on more occasions than not THAI flights, including TG970/971 (to/from Zurich) and TG930/931 (to/from Paris) HAVE overflown Ukrainian airspace, specifically the eastern parts of the country where the MAS flight was shot down, and in fact, only a couple of these flights in the preceding 2 weeks before July 17 didn't overfly Ukrainian airspace.

"She blamed the slump on the country’s ongoing political turmoil, including the six-month protest campaign against the previous government that started in November and the declaration of martial law over the entire nation by the military junta's in May."

"Finally they found a scapegoat to blame for their dwindling tourist arrivals." by JesseFrank post #2

"This is crazy .... instead of mourning with the rest of the world this tragedy which killed around 300 peoples , Thailand is thinking about its tourists situation. how nice is that" laurentbkk post #3

"Way to go TCT in finding an excuse for your failings to restore confidence in tourism.

The fact that you use a tragic incident to cover your arse when all you over optimistic targets fail to bear fruit is quite frankly abominable and you should be hauled over the coals for this.

Hope the new headlines in the west read 'Thai Tourism Authority uses MH17 disaster to whinge about its dwindling tourist figures.... Then we will se what that does for your forecasts.

Ever stop to think that people may just be getting bored with Thailand????" lostsoul49 post #6

"An open condolence to all the those affected by this tragedy would have been a much better approach than to throw it up as an excuse for a downturn in tourism" Thailand post#11.

"Nothing to do with 6 months of street protests , Marshall law , military coup and confusing Visa rules of course. Must be that plane that crashed going to Malaysia. Makes sense to me" Sena Dave post #14

These and many more posts confirm to me that many people have a problem reading a post & probably never clicked the link to see it is an article by "Khaosod English" (Khaosod is the youngest newsprint of Matichon Publishing Group which also operates two other daily news publications: Matichon Daily and Prachachat Business. http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1394441477 )

not an official statement by a government official.

Also to those posters already blaming Russia or Putin before all the facts are in should read Ron Paul's article http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2014/july/20/what-the-media-won%E2%80%99t-report-about-malaysian-airlines-flight-mh17.aspx

• Like 1

Just proves THAI'S first love is money

doesn't prove anything especially if you consider the OP as your only fact.

What person doesn't want money?...how many farang probably everyday are checking to see if the Thai baht has gone down to their own currency & curse when it goes up?

If I was to make a guess I would say Thai's first love is their King..and eating food is #2.

But unlike you I can't prove my observation whistling.gif

There are many factors affecting Thai Tourism...from world wide downturn of the economies,wars,fear of flying & competition for tourist dollars.

Thailand is better now than it was in the 6 months previous to the military coup.

• Like 2

What a load of non-sense. Please don't speak without any facts.

Number of overflights by airlines in the last 7 days over the shoot-down area :

qv29o21374.jpg

Source: http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/bild-981813-726883.html

Edited by doctorproc156

The Thai tourism has been affected by internal chaos and has nothing to do with Syria, Israel, Ukraine or any other country or event.

Political--put in more direct terms, Thailands tourism has been on a downward spiral for so many different reasons, including rip offs--scams-airport probs- unclean beaches--oil spills--dual pricing--high priced Thai flag carrier--ancient road/rail transport--danger areas-- but the point you made re internal chaos----BECAUSE initially lousy governing-corruption that led to internal chaos. TRUE, why be biased.??

• Like 1

Lady, do your homework on geography. You are supposed to be a big shot in tourism. And you don't know? Sorry mam!

Take all the tourism related departments, over donkey's years we have had this bull on TVF discussed it -know exactly where the problems lie--the funny thing is the codgers in this business think they know the solutions. What did they learn at school and who taught them, what a high paid doddle of a job.

Time for a change general----clean up here, and as fast as you can.

The Thai tourism has been affected by internal chaos and has nothing to do with Syria, Israel, Ukraine or any other country or event.

Political--put in more direct terms, Thailands tourism has been on a downward spiral for so many different reasons, including rip offs--scams-airport probs- unclean beaches--oil spills--dual pricing--high priced Thai flag carrier--ancient road/rail transport--danger areas-- but the point you made re internal chaos----BECAUSE initially lousy governing-corruption that led to internal chaos. TRUE, why be biased.??

+ people are finally realizing that Thai's are not the happy smiley people they are portrayed to be.

• Like 1

Mh17 tragedy might have been the fate of any other airplane flying through that area. Only a very few airlines, including quantas and british, changed their routes before the shooting. So psychological effect towards malaysian airlines will be small and not lasting.

Much bigger effect on air travel, malaysian airlines and KL airport is disappearance of mh370, because technical failure, pilot's mistake, security breach at KL etc can't be excluded. There was also thai involment in this disappearance as utapao has received an sos signal as the first and cover up by thai military data from radars in the south showing the flight's path to melacca straith nd andaman. For sure there was a gross failure by all local governments in a reseach mission. There would be a deep and long lasting effect on airtravel not only in se region, but the whole asia.

Life is cheap here, saving face and corruption are everything

A reason to avoid Thailand as tourist destination is also the increasing number of Russians there.

this is a very sad comment , russians are not responsible over their government policy , you cannnot blame the whole country for some decisions their president did .

But 86% of the Russian population support Putin in what he is doing in the Ukraine. So yes, they are responsible. All their passports should be rejected at all borders, send them back to support Putin.

Edited by oldsailor35

It won't have any effect whatsoever.

However, I can tell you now I will never fly with Malaysian airlines.

It could have been any airline from any Country it sounds as if you are singling out Malaysian airlines do you really think that these terrorists thought okay boys this is a Malay airline lets blow it out the sky !!

At the same time as this incident both Lufthansa and Singapore Air were flying this route.......SO !

Malaysian Air are a very good airline.

look at the cargo list two dogs and birds ,why where birds on the flight ,yes thailand should look at clearing crime first cleaning up the act ,i do ask myself every time i go into the sea at north Pattaya how long will i live ,its gone from heaven clean sea in the 70 s to what looks like hell ,brown in coulor ,should someone check if its safe

oooooooooo! Shit ! w00t.gif

Nothing to do with 6 months of street protests , Marshall law , military coup and confusing Visa rules of course. Must be that plane that crashed going to Malaysia. Makes sense to me

Well if a 30 day tourist visa given to you when you arrive in Thailand is confusing to you. I guess it would make sense to you. I have some property with a water view in Florida I could let you have cheap.

I didnt mean I was confused of course , i meant other stupid people . Now tell me more about this property in Florida

Of course you didn't mean it was confusing to you. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Care to tell us who the people you were referring to are.

Also have a bridge in Brooklyn.cheesy.gif

Don't you just love it when some one calls you on your nonsense. Let us know how it is in high season not low season.

Hey mate ! have you painted that bridge since i sold it to you, i have another one in Sydney if you are interested. thumbsup.gifcheesy.gif

I don't think it will put off many tourists at all. I can't believe that any airline will take the same route or over any war zone now.

Just an excuse

we tried so hard to make everything cool

Just checked today. Emerates are still flying over Syria.

" Officials have warned that the suspected downing of a Malaysian Airline plane in Ukraine ....."

What do they suspect?" That it just fell out of the sky? I think they've long ago established that it was shot down with a missile.

• Like 1

Ask Singapore Air an Air India about that. Or are they not asian.

I don't think it will put off many tourists at all. I can't believe that any airline will take the same route or over any war zone now.

Just an excuse

we tried so hard to make everything cool

Just checked today. Emerates are still flying over Syria.

Not keen on flying over war zones but avoiding them is getting harder and harder.

About the type of missile used ( up to 20,000 meters) these Russian types transported on vehicles are not SAM style. they are sophisticated weapons that are controlled by experienced personnel in the system--trained. The rebels who are accused of using these are not and never were trained, if they were in this territory the would have to have had Russian trained operators (or Russian personnel). These weapons cannot be used by an untrained man.

A single launcher (TELAR) is intended for use by conscripts. They're the sort of SAM we used to worry about when considering how to stop Russian tanks reaching the Rhine.