Anyone using TOT IPTV?

IMHO

Not as cheap as some other offerings, and not as wide range of channels, but for a legit service it seems to be reasonable pricing, and service quality should be good in TH.

116 Channels (5 HD) for free

136 Channels (14 HD) for 290 Baht/mth

150 Channels (17 HD) for 580 Baht/mth

167 Channels (25 HD) for 1300 Baht/mth

Anyone using this service and have any feedback?

http://totiptv.com/

When it works ( when the internet connection is ok ) it works well,

but you must make sure there aren't to many connections from other things ( bit torrent ) clogging up your router

causing the IPTV stream to buffer and drop

I have a 12Mbps internet package IPTV uses at most 6Mbps picture quality is very good.

You can watch programes from a few days/hours ago but they superimpose a static "playback" logo in the top right hand of the screen which isn't very good for my plasma screen.

There are very few (NHK world is the only one ? ) English language channels on the free package.

You can install XBMC on the box to watch other stuff.

TOT offered us the IPTV package as a free upgrade so for that money it was well worth it.

• Like 2

ThaiVisa blasts from the past:

Started by muratremix, 2013-09-17 18:06 -- 13 replies
Started by angryfarang, 2013-10-29 15:52 -- 44 replies

You can also purchase an Android set top box and run the TOT IPTV app alongside Popcorn Time, XBMC and YouTube.

Not sure if the TOT branded box has more 'features' that the android app.

TOT IPTV app has built in user/password.

How it'll work if you buy another android set top box? You can copy apk perhaps but if you never had TOT IPTV, how it'll work?

I assume IPTV links change every week or month.

It appears the TOT iptv service is available via TWO methods:
  1. Post-paid subscription bundled Internet (with TOT iptv Set Top Box) also accessible on other devices.
  2. Pre-paid subscription (no Set Top Box) via TOT Pre-paid card or E-Code, only accessible on other device.
TOT iptv service available on:
TOT iptv Set Top Box (STB)
Post-Paid (with STB) subscription choices: **
Free Choice: 116 Free-To-Air channels (111 SD, 5 HD)
Choice 'S': 116 FTA + 21 Premium channels (14 HD)
Choice 'M': 116 FTA + 35 Premium channels (17 HD)
Choice 'L': 116 FTA + 52 Premium channels (26 HD)
VOD at additional charge
** In addition to watching TV now, TOT iptv Set Top Box Receiver also add the option of viewing through notebooks, smart phones and tablets, along with Time Shift Program that allows you to watch back up to 72 hours of select programming.
Pre-Paid (no STB) subscription choices:
Free Choice: 7/15/30 days for ฿ 40/70/120 give access to 116 Free-To-Air channels (111 SD, 5 HD)
Choice 'S': 30 days for ฿ 200 gives access to 116 FTA + 10 Premium channels
(Al-Jazeera News, Crime & Investigation, Deutsche Welle, Euronews, Fashion TV SD, France 24, Biography Channel HD (English), Sun Channel Laliga HD, Boomerang, Channel New Asia)
A la Carte: France 24 (S) ฿220/mo, or Fashion TV (HD) ฿90/mo
VOD at additional charge
I downloaded the TOT iptv android app and it let me register a user account for free. A very limited choice of items can be viewed, the rest require pre-payment.
From the Thai worded website it looks like if you have the TOT iptv STB you can also access the service on a second screen via a Web Browser, Android or iOS app, of the Samsung Showtime Smart TV when logged in using your TOT iptv User ID.
//Ow, that website and the price schedule hurt my brain.