Soi 5 Immigration Update

justsignedin

Went for extension based on marriage of 30 days visa exempt on entry.

Took my wife,

1x copy of marriage certificate.

1x copy wife's family book family book (house is in her name)

1 x copy of both my sons pages in family book.

1x copy of both my sons birth certs.

1x copy front and back of wife's ID card.

1x copy passport photo page.

1x copy passport entry stamp page including TM card.

1x passport size photo.

1x completed TM7 form.

1,900 baht fee.

Note: any documents which print on the back, that must also be copied.

And original version of everything, they did ask to see the originals and checked them, double checked them and checked them again.

Requirements may differ for different nationalities but the above is what was required for me (British National).

Arrived at 0930, collected ticket No. 130, and 127 was already at the counter, immigration was virtually empty, only about a third of the seats were taken. In and out in 30 - 40 minutes with 60 days extension.

Edited by justsignedin
  • Like 2

I did my 1 year retirement renewal visa today, the most quiet I've seen Jomtien immigration. Had my bank letter for the 800,000 baht, did forget to take a photocopy of bank book though, paid my 1900 baht and was out in less than 20 minutes.

I did my 1 year retirement renewal visa today, the most quiet I've seen Jomtien immigration. Had my bank letter for the 800,000 baht, did forget to take a photocopy of bank book though, paid my 1900 baht and was out in less than 20 minutes.

Good grief that is unbelievable,every year i seen more and more punters at soi 5 i remember last year extension #3 in queue with 3 officers at the renewal desk 1 of whom was continuously stamping a pile of passports, in all 45 minutes wait time just hope i get the same luck as you did.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Good grief that is unbelievable,every year i seen more and more punters at soi 5 i remember last year extension #3 in queue with 3 officers at the renewal desk 1 of whom was continuously stamping a pile of passports, in all 45 minutes wait time just hope i get the same luck as you did.thumbsup.gif

I do have to go back tomorrow afternoon to pick up my passport, but that's normal. You never get it the same day, at least I never have in 5 years.

• Like 1

The requirements are the same for every Nationality. We are all Farangs! The regulations are for foreigners in Thailand

The only discrepancy in documents required for any extension, comes from the different offices or officers dealing with your application.

Take everything, whether required or not. Never seen an application refused for having to many documents at hand.

• Like 1

Why did you provide copies of sons info? Is that a requirement for marrigae extension?

I feel the more proof you have family here the better, why have bullets and not load.

It's either a requirement or it's not, it's not a grey area. In this case it's not, but you still took them along anyway in a look at me look at me kind of way.,I've got kids, what a guy I am. All they need is what they ask for, it's because of this that others could suffer or they think they will change the rules. I'm going to Savannakhet next week to get a Non-O based on marriage, they couldn't care less if you have kids here or not, it is NOT a requirement, so I won't be taking any of those 'bullets' as you call them.

• Like 2

I do have to go back tomorrow afternoon to pick up my passport, but that's normal. You never get it the same day, at least I never have in 5 years.

Really, I have been told to come back that very afternoon for mine. Always try to arrive early in the morning. Have to find a couple of hours diversion!

• Like 1

My non immigrant O visa expired on May 14th and I did a visa run to Cambodia that day. Th stamp in my passport expire August 12th. Anyone know if I can get a one year retirement visa now even if the visa sticker in my passport is expired?

Yes, I am 50 years old and yes I have 800K in my thai bank account.

Really, I have been told to come back that very afternoon for mine. Always try to arrive early in the morning. Have to find a couple of hours diversion!

I didn't get there until 1 o'clock so I didn't expect to get it that day. The SCB doesn't open until 10.30 to do my bank letter so I couldn't make immigration in the morning.

• Like 1

If you start early in the morning it will be ready in the afternoon. I think that around 11am is commonly the cut-off point, but it isn't written in stone.

If you start later on you have to go back the next day. As I live nearby I always do it that way to avoid the crush, though at the moment I doubt that it's very busy at any time of day.

• Like 1

Pattaya Immigration are to be congratulated on their efficiency. I went on Tuesday for 90 day reporting + Re-entry stamp. Had my forms filled in & printed out ready.

I got two tickets & naturally they came up at the same time. My wife explained to 90 day man. He told us to come straight to head of the queue when we got my passport back from re-entry desk. I tracked my passport across three desks fairly quickly and then it came to a dead halt for perhaps ten minutes where a woman in glasses sat. After no movement I went & stood near her desk to find she was busy on her phone! FB/ texting/Candy Crushing?. She had the good grace to look guilty & immediately handed me back my passport.

90 day report seemed to me exactly as it had always been? (I had heard about miraculous bar-codes etc.)

Out the door in 20 minutes which could have been halved if glasses woman had been on the ball.

I don't know if it was efficiency or low season but the place was very quiet.

bander, on 23 Jul 2014 - 06:11, said:

My non immigrant O visa expired on May 14th and I did a visa run to Cambodia that day. Th stamp in my passport expire August 12th. Anyone know if I can get a one year retirement visa now even if the visa sticker in my passport is expired?

There is no such thing as a Retirement Visa, If you have a Non Imm O Visa, you can get an extension of stay, based on retirement.

Being 50 years old and having 800,000 baht in a Thai bank is part of the requirement to get the extension.

I presume you got a 90 day Non Imm O Visa in Cambodia.

There is no such thing as a Retirement Visa, If you have a Non Imm O Visa, you can get an extension of stay, based on retirement.

Being 50 years old and having 800,000 baht in a Thai bank is part of the requirement to get the extension.

I've heard that before, but the visa is stamped clearly "Retirement" and I'm sure everyone knows exactly what kind of visa it is.

Edited by giddyup

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No, I got a multiple entry Non imm. O visa in Jakarta in May 2013, I did the last visa run to Cambodia (Prom) May 14th. and got 90 days stamp on the border witch expire August 12th. (I have been in Thailand 15 month on this visa from Jakarta) The question is: Can I now get a one year (retirement) stay based on my Non Imm. O visa even if it's expired in May?

You drop it in the morning you should be able to pick it up aat 3 pm,just did mine and got my multible re entry all in 40 min.

You drop it in the morning you should be able to pick it up aat 3 pm,just did mine and got my multible re entry all in 40 min.

Yeah, but if you get there at 1 o'clock as I did you have to pick it up the next day. I had to do the bank letter in the morning, so I had no choice.

Depends at least in part of the time of the year. July and August would probably be about the best time to do immigration things, Unfortunately my annual retirement extension of stay application goes in each year in December, which is probably near the worst of chaotic times.

I went in today to do the stamp transfer for my new passport. Since I have retirement extensions (I guess that's the reason) I was sent to the retirement desk. I was given queue # 646 or thereabouts and the number shown as being served was 610, but apparently the number display wasn't working properly because I walked up to ask if this was the correct desk for stamp transfers and they just asked me to sit down, checked over my application and all the photocopies, took my passports and gave me a ticket to come back tomorrow ... it was fairly late in the afternoon when I went in.

Glad I didn't sit down and patiently wait for 646 to be called. As it turned out, I was done in about 5 minutes.

Edited by Suradit69

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No, I got a multiple entry Non imm. O visa in Jakarta in May 2013, I did the last visa run to Cambodia (Prom) May 14th. and got 90 days stamp on the border witch expire August 12th. (I have been in Thailand 15 month on this visa from Jakarta) The question is: Can I now get a one year (retirement) stay based on my Non Imm. O visa even if it's expired in May?

Yes - I have done similar (in Phuket).

As long as you apply for your Extension based on Retirement ( which is based upon your Non Immi O visa) well before your last Permission to Stay expires.