Thule car systems or similar

Does anyone knows where to get a Thule car box and installation system or similar brand. Could be second hand as well. I have just searched on Google and found only one internet site who offers the system but it is rather on the expensive side compared with Europe.

Anyone know a store. English speaking should be preferred. Thai would be ok too.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank you for moving CharlieH. I am living in the Eastern Seaboard Region but would be able to pick up from anywhere. That is why I did not state a specific region. I forgot though to mention I am looking to install it on my Honda City. Due to the CNG tank I am not able to get my baby's stroller in the car. And yes if I would have known that before I might have considered a different car, but car came before baby. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I bought my Thule roof box from that Central World location in October 2010 and I looked it up on the internet about 6 months ago and it was still there then. Bought a reasonably large box for my Fortuner. Max load 60kg. Cost 27k baht including the crossbars to fix it to (21k + 6k I think).

Expensive - you can get a Thai box for half that price. But, still in perfect order after a lot of use and an absolute godsend for increasing the carrying capacity of high volume low weight items (you can of course put 2 or 3 heavy suitcases up there or combinations of heavy and bulky&light).

I put the box on and take it off again at least monthly. Easy enough to manhandle even for a (reasonably fit) 63 year old. Putting it on costs about 4% in fuel consumption. I have seen others claim that roofboxes take 10% off consumption - I have checked it very carefully over time and long holidays with and without the box and I stick by my 4% number.

I remain very pleased with that purchase!

Thank you all for your helpful answers. I found a Thai manufacturer who has provided me with a price of THB 22.000 for a 179*84*43cm box including bars and installation. It seems like a design copy of Thule. I think perfect for what I need and stroller plus a bag fits nicely.

Thank you all for your helpful answers. I found a Thai manufacturer who has provided me with a price of THB 22.000 for a 179*84*43cm box including bars and installation. It seems like a design copy of Thule. I think perfect for what I need and stroller plus a bag fits nicely.

Do you mind sharing .... :)

• Like 1

Do you mind sharing .... :)

Not at all. The company is located in Samut Prakan. Internet site only in Thai www.roofboxthai.com. I am going to have mine installed tomorrow and can give feedback afterwards if interested.

• Like 1

For the one or other interested. I went there today. The owner K. Joke, a very nice guy, gave me the choice and I could have tried out all in my car, after he installed the base. The boxes are imported from Taiwan and it seems to be a really good quality. Installation took about 30min. The place is a bit hard to find and is basically his own house. As stated very good and efficient service for a fraction of the price asked by Thule for the same kind of system.