UK Visa for GF - Translator in Phuket pls?

Hi All

Going to take the GF to UK with me on my next trip home, and for her UK tourist visa application, we need to get some documents translated from Thai into English. This needs to be done by an official translation service accepted by the UK Visa Service who process and approve or deny visa applications. I live and work in Phuket. Can anyone vouch for a translation company in Phuket please, one which will be accepted by the UK visa service, and if reliable, fast, and well priced, even better? Thanks in advance!.

:)

There is no such thing as "an official translation service accepted by the UK Visa Service."

From the guide to supporting documents

If you submit a document that is not in English or Welsh, it must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by the Home Office. Each translated document must contain:
 confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document;
 the date of the translation;
 the translator's full name and signature; and
 the translator's contact details.

Sorry, I do not know any translation bureaux in Phuket, but as long as the translations meet the above criteria they should be acceptable.

Thanks for your reply, and that's a big help. I must have seen some misinformation somewhere, maybe on a dated site. Just want to get the GF's ID pages of bank books, car papers, bank statements translated etc. Maybe not essential, but going on the assumption that too much is better. They don't really have any reason to decline her application hopefully, as she has schooling and uni, work history, salary slips, bills and stuff at our address, and I'll be sponsoring her also with evidence of my business in Thailand (Not a bar or similar), so hopefully, no stumbling blocks.

Thanks again!

she has schooling and uni, work history, salary slips, bills and stuff at our address, and I'll be sponsoring her also with evidence of my business in Thailand

If providing letters form her employer or uni saying when she is due back then these can be either written in English or in Thai with an English translation. But; someone from the entry clearance section may phone the signatory to verify the contents of such letters, and if they are written in English will expect to speak to the signatory in English. They will doubt the authenticity of the letter if that person is unable to do so. If the letter is written in Thai then they will be happy to speak to the signatory in Thai.

As it appears you live together in Thailand, then you should include a copy of your passport showing your immigration status in Thailand. You should self certify the copy; e.g. "I (full name) certify this is a true copy of page number of my British passport number (signed)"

You may find UK visit visa basics helpful.

Thanks 7by7, she works for a corporation and the letter from them is in English as she asked for it in English. I'll make sure she writes a note with it explaining that she asked for it in English, but possibly the staff at Bangkok head office might speak Thai. She also has the green book for her car, pay slips, bank statements, bank books etc, which I was planning to get all the first pages translated into English.

Already planning to give copies of my company registration cert, and certain papers like tax returns, kids schooling details, house papers, business premises lease contract, visa, work permit etc, and a whole load of other documents like utility bills in her name and my name, at the same address, my bank statements, as well as copies of my bank books, a dozen photos of us.

A friend of mine applied for a UK tourist visa for his GF last month, and she was refused, because she didn't provide enough evidence of his work status in Thailand, although that wasn't on the list of documents his GF was asked to provide.

I guess as her sponsor, they'd like to see that I have reasons (Work in Thailand, roots etc) not to want to stay in the UK with my GF when we get there.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to relocate back to the UK, unless I was paid a million quid to do so ;)

Cheers