Best, most reliable country in SE Asia to obtain new Non-imm "O" visa - multiple entries

My latest "O" visa runs out 9 Sept. Here in the Netherlands they refused to give me a new visa as there was more than a month still valid when I fly - new regulation they said - but suggested I take my 90 days when I return to Thailand in august and then obtain a new one in SE Asia. Laos ? Cambodia ? Malaysia ? Can you help me choose. No problems financially

You will not get a multiple entry non-o visa within the region unless you can show financial proof equal to what is needed to get an extension of stay based upon retirement.

You could possibly get a single entry non-o but may need to show financial proof as some locations.

Your only choice may be to get a tourist visa that would give you a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

You will not get a multiple entry non-o visa within the region unless you can show financial proof equal to what is needed to get an extension of stay based upon retirement.

You could possibly get a single entry non-o but may need to show financial proof as some locations.

Your only choice may be to get a tourist visa that would give you a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

He said in OP that he has no problems with financials so could do as I did, came in on 60 day tourist visa went to Laos for single entry non-o based on retirement then get multi rentry permit if he wants to travel in area.

I thought a one year extension for retirement was for those who had retired to live in Thailand as their main residence. At least that is what Thai Embassy in London told me.

You are certainly allowed to travel while retired. Retirement Visa, multiple entries, go and come as you please. Your main residence is where you are at the time.

• Like 1

ubonjoe....I think he said he had no problem with financials. I take it that he has no problems showing and proving those financials. Wouldn't his best bet to be to just get a retirement visa?

I thought a one year extension for retirement was for those who had retired to live in Thailand as their main residence. At least that is what Thai Embassy in London told me.

Well,that's not right.I'm retired in Thailand and work in Oz,when i feel the need.What evidence do Thai's London office have of your main residence,not a question they asked me.

Of course if has the financials he could get the extension but he was asking specifically about getting a multiple entry non-o visa.

At the moment the Thai Embassy in Seoul as happy to issue Multi 0 without proof of finance, was offered but was told not needed, just the usual copies of passports, mar' cert' ID card, house book etc. About 6100 baht in SK Won 200,000. 3 day turn round, eg submit Moday pick up Wednesday 9am to 12 each day.

hi fella. take it from me that Bali consulate is the most laid back and easy place. Fly into denpasar and have a holiday in the dry season- its peak season but great place to visit and excellent service by the guy at the consulate in bali. He is a member of this forum and you can PM me if you want his user id. I had to message him once. cheers

A mentioned above, you can this in Thailand, one year extension of stay based on retirement.

No need to obtain any more visa/

------------------

You will find it very hard, if not impossible, to find a Non O multi-entry visa based on RETIREMENT in Thailand anywhere in Southeast Asia.

Based on MARRIGE to a Thai it is possible to get one.

But based on RETIREMENT, as was said, what you will get normally is a 90 day entry Non O ..... which they want you to EXTEND for a year stay in your immigration where you stay in Thailand.

That extension is good for a year and can be renewed every year.

If you want to travel around Southeast Asia during that one year extension, then get yourself a multi entry re-entry permit that is also good for the one year period of that retirement extension,

The re-entry permit costs 3900 Baht (I believe).

I do not believe you will find anywhere in Southeast Asia where you will get a multi entry one year visa for retirement purposes.

I don't know about Europe or the U.K. , but in the U.S. you can get a one year multi entry Non o visa if you are age 50 or over from some or all of the consulates.

In the U.S. you do NOT need to be 65 to get a Non O visa based on intention to retire in Thailand, just age 50 or older.

But to be sure the consulate you want to use, call them first and explain what you want.

They may have financial requirements you need to show before they will give you that visa.

Anyhow, your backup plan should be that 90 day Non O visa if they will not allow you to get the one year multi entry visa.

Then, as I said, do the extension in Thailand once you are here.