Malaysian Airlines.

songhklasid

After the MH370 disaster, malaysian airlines lowered their fares to attract more punters, which seemed to work as I know people including myself who took advantage of them, my flight being SYD-BKK via KL with a 1hr stop was reasonable @$820 aus, booked for later this year. However with this 2nd tragedy MH17, and after reading a post in thai visa about the financial situation of Malaysian Airlines, & wondering about that supersticious 3rd accident, I enquired about a possible refund with my local flight centre travel agent, and to my surprise right now they are offering full refunds, so I enquired as to flight deals around that time & got a direct flight with qantas for $70 cheaper & threw in an extra day.

just to let people know if they have flights with MA, they can possibly do same as I did if they wanted, and my condolences & sympathy to all families of lost passengers.

regards songhklasid.wai.gif

• Like 1

I like to use them, nice service and good flight times. Their prices are in general reasonable, but as always flight prices tend to vary a lot depending on many factors.

I checked their website a couple days ago to see if they were offering any promotional fares BKK-KUL-LAX return and for everyday I selected I got back that there were no flights available. This seems strange. Maybe they're shutting down their international routes.

I would fly them tomorrow but would not book a ticket to far ahead because they probably will get bust over the next months (at least that seems to be the general consensus here in Malaysia).

It probably will be a controlled bankrupt and a same day restart but no guaranties.

It's the national airline of Malaysia bankrolled by the Malaysian government. The worst that can happen is that drop the route you booked on eg KL to Auckland. They will then put you on another airline Singapore Airlines, Cathey Pacific whatever. If your not happy with that the other option is a full refund.