Yellow house book?

Complete waste of quite a lot of time and nonsense IMO, residency letter from immigration is just as good.

Really ? Essential if one wants to register for the Foreigners Hospital treatment scheme. I got one in a few days, by going to our local City Hall with my wife, and the headman of our village.

I have also had letters of residency from our local City Hall.

Edited by MrMuddle
  • Like 1

Complete waste of quite a lot of time and nonsense IMO, residency letter from immigration is just as good.

Really ? Essential if one wants to register for the Foreigners Hospital treatment scheme. I got one in a few days, by going to our local City Hall with my wife, and the headman of our village.

You cannot do that any longer (Hospital treatment) , according to the health section on here

• Like 1

You're right in one way, that it's to not much more value as a certificate of residence.

Regarding the waste of time and money, for a certificate of residence you need to waste time and money each and every time you need one, while with the yellow book you need time only once and it is free.

• Like 1

As a side issue on this subject, can someone confirm if I need a new yellow book or can alter the one I hold?

I have a book for a previous "monument" that I built and moved out of, in a different province to which I now reside. I am with a different Thai national in another privately owned residence.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In my experience in the same province, I had my name in a yellow book based on a village address. That yellow house book was issued free by a Government office near that village.  After I moved to a proper amphur and no longer lived in the village the process was simple. I went to the new office, they told my wife what to do at the original office. I gathered they VOIDED OUT the existing yellow book at the original office, and I turned that voided book in with other paperwork (not much paperwork) at the new amphur office.  The next day a new yellow book was  issued all at no fee.  I got the feeling the Thai Government wanted the yellow house book to reflect where you were living currently.  I have experienced many benefits from having a yellow house book and it just plain makes the Thai staff, in a Government building, bank, utility office, Land Transportation Office, more comfortable about you as they can read a Thai document in their language and it has facts about the Farang.  To save the travel time and fees for a "proof of residence" necessary for so many transactions in Thailand, would make obtaining a yellow house book a prudent consideration. Dilligad should find the process of obtaining a NEW book far easier than the original application process. As long as he is with the person who owns the land where he lives and they have all the normal paperwork, it will be a smooth process. A little more complicated if he has a landlord in a rental who did not live in the area and was not keen about showing up in person at the government office. I did not have to have anyone vouch for me when obtaining the 2nd yellow house book. 

You're right in one way, that it's to not much more value as a certificate of residence.

Regarding the waste of time and money, for a certificate of residence you need to waste time and money each and every time you need one, while with the yellow book you need time only once and it is free.

I only need one every five years to renew my driving licence, costs me 200 baht per pop.

The alternative would be getting run around Bkk going to MFA, gettin stuff translated, paying baht, going back to my ket in Bkk, be aware each and every province has differing requirements.

For me personally, makes no sense to have one, the frustration factor and runa round BS is something I can do without.

Sorry, I cant remember the exact spelling of my mothers maiden name and date of birth.

Please tell me where they issue them for free, the above little exercise would have cost me about 6-10k baht getting certifcates notarised and translated to Thai, plus the BS that goes with it.

Yellow book, no thanks, not needed.

I only need one every five years to renew my driving licence, costs me 200 baht per pop.

The alternative would be getting run around Bkk going to MFA, gettin stuff translated, paying baht, going back to my ket in Bkk, be aware each and every province has differing requirements.

For me personally, makes no sense to have one, the frustration factor and runa round BS is something I can do without.

Sorry, I cant remember the exact spelling of my mothers maiden name and date of birth.

Please tell me where they issue them for free, the above little exercise would have cost me about 6-10k baht getting certifcates notarised and translated to Thai, plus the BS that goes with it.

Yellow book, no thanks, not needed.

Banglamung, translation of my passport by the translator in Soi post office and a certificate of residence from immigration. Cost for issuing the yellow book 0 Baht.

You only need Certificate of residence for your driver license, so I assume you never buy a bike or a car or whatever that you want to register in your own name.

In that case I don't know why you have a driver license in the first place.

Keep in mind that there are immigration offices that don't issue Certificates of Residence, and you will have to visit your Embassy where they have no shame to ask 2000 Baht.

Best of luck to you ^^^^^^.

Be aware some of these embassasies now ask for more than 2k baht.

I have nothing in this country, yes I have a drivers licence, allows me to drive the wifes car, m/cs are for TEFLrs and peasants.

Best of luck to you ^^^^^^.

Be aware some of these embassasies now ask for more than 2k baht.

I have nothing in this country, yes I have a drivers licence, allows me to drive the wifes car, m/cs are for TEFLrs and peasants.

No need to wish me luck, I got the yellow book 3 years ago using the documents I mentioned.

^^^^, never heard of Banglamung, where is it?

As I said, best of luck to you getting it done so easily, here in Bang Kapi (BKK) its more trouble than its worth.

Heck some of our more skint residents actually think they can get free hospital treatment if they have one.

^^^^, never heard of Banglamung, where is it?

As I said, best of luck to you getting it done so easily, here in Bang Kapi (BKK) its more trouble than its worth.

Heck some of our more skint residents actually think they can get free hospital treatment if they have one.

The whole Pattaya area is Amphur Banglamung

You cannot do that any longer (Hospital treatment) , according to the health section on here

Not true! As with most things in Thailand it entirely depends where you are. I used mine, got the cover, get the treatment , no issues.
  • Like 1

I was fortunate to not be asked to have a single document translated. Nothing notarized. No charge what so ever in a Government office in Kaen Dong in Buriram Province. With the yellow house book a "permit to build" was issued in my name, PEA electric service in my name, Municipal water service in my name, truck registration in my name, post paid phone service in my name, the government health scheme for aliens card and one year "policy" issued in my name, land line telephone service issued in my name, etc.   But this is Thailand and your experience at a Government office can vary from one day to the next from one community to the next.  One might not need the yellow house book for ANY of the above, yet it saved me the time and expense of any other paperwork to prove where I lived.   For Dilligad, I believe obtaining a new yellow book in a different location will be VERY simple for him.  

• Like 1