Planned Electrical Power Outage - all day into evening Fri July 25

JDGRUEN

There is now a preannounced electrical power outage over most - if not all of Krabi Province (Krabi Town and Ao Nang and rural areas. There might be exceptions to this in spotty areas on the periphery of the Province - or in other places where power generation has a different source or grid.

But in general - power in down all over Krabi Province. It was cut off at 09:00 and will be off until late into the evening - we are told.

This of course means that Internet service is going to be 'slim to none' as we say in Texas, USA. My Internet is only working because my Pocket Wifi is running on batteries and so is my laptop and phone. My pocket WiFi routes via AIS 3G and is working okay for now. Mobile / Cell towers must be using back up power generation as it is still functioning.

Bottom line - do not be too concerned if you cannot communicate with someone in Krabi Town or Ao Nang and nearby places. Some mobile towers could have interruption if their backup power generators do not work perfectly.

The planned power outage is underway to repair / replace a major transformer - or other similar major piece of the grid... we are told.

It might be good if Admins/Mods moved this to a general forum so as to notify any and all that may be wondering why communications - especially internet is either not working or spotty. Example - someone expecting an Email message of some importance ... the party here in Krabi Province may not be able to receive or send Email...

About now mobile phone batteries are about to run out all over Krabi Province... so it is going to be a long day... Guess I will read my Thai Language workbook for a change.. .