My trip to Vientiane, Laos - double entry Tourist Visa

Just to confirm the many other reports regarding getting a visa in Laos, Vientian. Not a problem. No questions asked when applying for the visa and also when re-entering through immigration into Thailand.

I've just came off a triple entry Tourist visa from last year and a visa exempt last month.
  • Like 2

I think the OP has misinterpreted what's going on.  The primary drive is to eradicate the In-Out visa "abuse." 

One previous tourist visa and one visa exempt is not exactly the profile that immigration are looking for.  

I think the OP has misinterpreted what's going on.  The primary drive is to eradicate the In-Out visa "abuse." 

One previous tourist visa and one visa exempt is not exactly the profile that immigration are looking for.  

The first and main crackdown was and is out-in visa abuse/exempt yes. However people did get denied returning with Tourist Visa's from Malaysia and warnings from Laos. So yes, people have been worrying about the situation even with actual visas.

I've been on tourist visas/exempt since last year.

edit: by the way there's also a thread listing the locations people have been successful/unsuccessful with visas so it's still important atm.

Edited by liamstevens111
  • Like 2

The first and main crackdown was and is out-in visa abuse/exempt yes. However people did get denied returning with Tourist Visa's from Malaysia and warnings from Laos. So yes, people have been worrying about the situation even with actual visas.

I've been on tourist visas/exempt since last year.

edit: by the way there's also a thread listing the locations people have been successful/unsuccessful with visas so it's still important atm.

Could you clarify a "tourist visa/exempt since last year"  If you have a visa you can't have an exemption.  If you have an exemption it can't be for a year.  So....

@ OP: thanks for sharing your experience. seems like your visa-history pretty much matches mine. i used my first triple-entry-tourist-visa when i came here in november last year and got a second one when i returned back home to germany in june for two weeks as i plan to stay here until the end of the year.

did you do longer travelings outside thailand to acticate the entrys of your first visa?

so far i spent 4 to 5 days both times in myanmar and hongkong before returning to thailand on my first triple entry. hope this is long enough wink.png

Edited by battambang

Just to add... No issues for my filipina fiancee and my (british) self getting a double entry tourist visa in vientiane the other day and re-entering Thailand. We both had just used up a double entry tourist visa.

I would advise trying to go late to submit application (11am, take an umbrella), and collect passport (3pm)to avoid crowds. Also awesome pizza at ai capone and good curry at jamil jazid (sp?). Be wary hiring bicycles (poor quality) and expect to pay more for food and transport compared to chiang mai.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand