3BB Monthly Statement Issued Before Due Date of Previous Statement

UbonOz

Just received today, our 3BB internet statement due 22 August.

Our statements are always due for payment on the 22nd of the month.

The August statement was issued on 21 July, one day before the July statement was due.

The wife paid the bill on 22 July so the August statement does not show the July payment.

I find it rather peculiar that they issue a monthly statement before the previous month is due.

Surely, a statement should be issued after the previous month's due date.

The billing cycle is one month and you're given a month to pay. I would assume since they're sent out from Bangkok to all parts of the country, they're allowing some leeway for delays in delivery. I usually pay when I receive the statement and that payment is always reflected in the next statement.

In my case the bill was issued 16 July, had a due date of 16 August and covered the period from 16 August to 15 September, so you are being asked to prepay. From discussion in another thread some time ago, several people mentioned that they typically paid after the due date but never had a disruption of service.

So it seems the company is hoping that you will prepay, using a monthly billing and due date cycle, allowing late payments and it's all pretty well shown on the statement ... most likely to accommodate for varying delivery dates and the propensity of some people to pay at the last possible moment. Not all that peculiar. I prepay for my mobile phone service and for my satellite TV too.

I have phoned and lodged a complaint with 3bb helpdesk for the opposite this morning (26th Sat).

During 2011,2012 & 2013 my Invoices (due for payment 1st of each Month) were always received in the previous month within a maximum date range of 4th to 16th

This year Invoice receipt dates have been all over the place (whilst other posted utility bills (e.g. TOT remain pretty constant)

2014 receipts of 3bb Invoice

14 Jan

25 Feb

12 Mar

23 Apr

15 May

09 Jun

Not yet received in July (today 26th) for 1st Aug due date so I must travel 6kms to a 3bb Service centre to pay as 7-Eleven's (where I always pay) require correctly dated Invoices with barcode

IMHO these highly erratic delivery dates seem more likely to be down to a 3bb Invoice Dept. issue, rather than Thai Post delivery delays. The fact the OP got an invoice very prematurely again more than likely points to 3bb Invoice Dept. mailing issues.

How hard can it be to issue invoices the same time every month.

I am sure 3bb Invoicing is computer/electronically/mechanically produced (and not by hand).

I find Thai Post very reliable and despite not doing deliveries every day they do not seem to hold on to mail (except a occasional risks of slowdown around end of year (as in most countries).

I get my 3 BB bills on email, sent every month ... why not sign up for that? Saves waiting for the postman.... wink.png

I also pay a year in advance to get their 8% discount ..... saves forgetting to pay the bill every month too ! whistling.gif

smile.png Thanks for your very interesting info which I knew nothing about until now thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif .

Is the emailed invoice identical to the posted Invoice (by that I mean, does it have the payment bar code on it so I can just print and take to 7-Eleven if I wish to continue paying monthly?

If so how did you arrange to get Invoices emailed?.

When I spoke to the help Desk lady yesterday she mentioned sending me the missing Invoice by email. I expressed interest and asked if it had the payment bar code so I could use it at 7-Eleven and unsure what I was asking so I assumed No, however, the line was not good so maybe she misunderstood what I asked).

I will certainly seriously consider paying in advance as it saves 8%. My monthly bill is ฿1090 before vat (฿1166.30 with vat) for Premier 3024/1024. so 8% is effectively paying 11 and getting 12th free which is nice). How did you arrange the paying in advance? Did you just go the the local 3bb service Centre and pay over counter?

Once again many thanks for the info.

Edited by gdhm

I get my 3 BB bills on email, sent every month ... why not sign up for that? Saves waiting for the postman.... wink.png

I also pay a year in advance to get their 8% discount ..... saves forgetting to pay the bill every month too ! whistling.gif

smile.png Thanks for your very interesting info which I knew nothing about until now thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif .

Is the emailed invoice identical to the posted Invoice (by that I mean, does it have the payment bar code on it so I can just print and take to 7-Eleven if I wish to continue paying monthly?

If so how did you arrange to get Invoices emailed?.

When I spoke to the help Desk lady yesterday she mentioned sending me the missing Invoice by email. I expressed interest and asked if it had the payment bar code so I could use it at 7-Eleven and unsure what I was asking so I assumed No, however, the line was not good so maybe she misunderstood what I asked).

I will certainly seriously consider paying in advance as it saves 8%. My monthly bill is ฿1090 before vat (฿1166.30 with vat) for Premier 3024/1024. so 8% is effectively paying 11 and getting 12th free which is nice). How did you arrange the paying in advance? Did you just go the the local 3bb service Centre and pay over counter?

Once again many thanks for the info.

smile.png Yes, email one is identical and has the bar code on it too.... I just happened to get mine "0" balance bill today, on email, .... so looked more carefully at it than I normally do.... just to make sure.

I really cannot remember if I set it all up at the 3BB office or did on their website.... (over two years since, memory fading! facepalm.giftongue.png)

Usually you have to seek out the staff member who understands English the best... The 3BB, Samui office has one guy who does! That always helps, or take a Thai speaker who understands what you are trying to do.... I just use my overseas credit card, they do not add on 3% either.... as some shops do...

I find 3 BB very good to deal with, unlike companies like Truevisions, who are absolutely hopeless bah.gif

Hope you find the same! thumbsup.gif

Hi samuijimmy,

I too find 3BB better to deal with than many.

Well after my post (where I erroneously called my premier package 3024/1024 instead of 3072/1024whistling.gif) I tried looking at the 3bb website for more details of the info you gave me. Just love these sites that say English option but nearly all pages are in Thai (still any in English are appreciated).

Whilst I could not find any pages (that I could understand), I did find http://110.164.199.122/bill/authen/index.php?chk1=3 so I entered my Account Number from last month's Invoice. That took me to MY Payment History for several years. As expected the payment due 1st Aug had its "Payment Details" button greyed out (all others, when clicked, opened to let me see a one line payment details.

I clicked on my greyed out button (I think) and it offered a pay-in slip which I elected to have. That opened a pdf file which was NOT exactly the same as my usual invoices, as the top half only showed ONLY showed my name and 2 boxes "Payment Due Date" 01/08/14 and "Total Balance Due" 1,166,30. The lower half of the sheet however, had the same layout and info as my usual Invoices have below the scissors icon and dotted line, including the important bar code. (there was also a small vertical extra bar code in the left margin which I just ignored).

I printed the slip (A4 size) and my wife kindly went to 7-Eleven and successfully presented and paid my payment due 1st Aug with the printed out pay - slip. thumbsup.gif WONDERFUL!!

Just before I wrote this post I re-entered the link above and this time the 1st Aug line's "Payment Details" Button is NOT greyed out and upon clicking I was able to see the one line payment details for the payment my wife made 20 minutes ago at 7-Eleven.

I have been saved a 6 km journey tomorrow to pay at the local 3bb Service Centre. Even nicer is the fact that now I know of this link,(which I would not have come across without looking for the info you supplied) I can always pay my Invoices either by postal receipt or by downloading the applicable pay-in slip when the postal invoice does not arrive.

BIG THANKS TO YOU samuijimmy

Kind Regards & Best wishes

Edited by gdhm

If you phone them and say your bill does not turn up on time they will fix it. I get mine about 3 weeks early and pay when I like at Tesco or 7/11...........thumbsup.gif

And if you have Internet banking at your bank, easy to add as a payee and don't even have to leave the house. smile.png

I pay mine through Internet banking with Bangkok Bank, 3BB gave me a link to my online account which shows: Account Number, Invoice Number, Amount due, never had a problem. They still send out a paper invoice which is surplus but they seem unable to cancel this waste of paper.

I pay mine through Internet banking with Bangkok Bank, 3BB gave me a link to my online account which shows: Account Number, Invoice Number, Amount due, never had a problem. They still send out a paper invoice which is surplus but they seem unable to cancel this waste of paper.

Some where there is a button, to push for no paper / mail.... cos I don't get the mail version..... perhaps phone them! wink.png

Glad to see GDHM is sorted hope it helps others too... thumbsup.gif

I must admit i have not sorted internet banking with Bank of BKK!