Israel and Hamas agree 12-hour window

Lite Beer

Joan Rivers?

Oh well, if she says it, it must be true!

Like it or not, respect her or not, she is spot on!

So you agree the Palestinians should be "wiped out".

She did not say that. You did. She said that anyone would respond with force to someone shooting thousands of rockets at them for months at a time and, yes,  she is absolutely SPOT ON. thumbsup.gif  

Of course Joan Rivers and UG want the Palestinians wiped out, but no Israeli supporter can come out and say that.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was some talk of extending the ceasefire a bit, Israel agreed, Hamas rejected. Fighting is renewed:

Rockets fired; Israel-Hamas truce appears over

Gaza (CNN) -- A tenuous cease-fire in Gaza appeared to be over Saturday, with militant rockets again hurtling toward Israel as diplomats pushed for a longer truce in a conflict that has killed more than 1,000 people -- mostly civilians.

Israel had agreed to extend a humanitarian 12-hour cease-fire for four hours Saturday, but Hamas spokesman Abu Zuhri said there would be no extension.

The cease-fire started at 8 a.m. Saturday (1 a.m. ET). The temporary truce enabled Palestinians to move medical supplies into Gaza, families to emerge from shelters and people to dig the dead from piles of rubble.

Hamas are not an organisation that misses a window of opportunity to start the death machine rolling again!

• Like 1

Of course Joan Rivers and UG want the Palestinians wiped out, but no Israeli supporter can come out and say that.

You do realize, that can be turned around and the same thing said about Hamas  Palestinian supporters don't you? Could it be that all they really want is to see Israel wiped off the map and that they are crying crocodile tears for Gaza to that end? whistling.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.

I see a Thai farm labourer working in Israel have also been killed by a Gazan rocket.

Yes, a few days ago.

From what I understand it was not even a case of being out in the field or anything, just not in time to get inside the shelter (well, that or as per Bina's posts - maybe stayed out).  Either way - RIP. Sucks to go and having nothing to do with the fight.

Israel already announced his family will be compensated the same way Israeli families do.

Another unilateral move

Israel Extends Cease-Fire in Gaza, a U.N. Request Rejected by Hamas

JERUSALEM — Under intense diplomatic pressure, Israeli leaders decided late Saturday to extend a halt to hostilities in the Gaza Strip through midnight Sunday, but said their troops would maintain defensive positions and continue to ferret out tunnels from Gaza into Israeli territory.

Hamas, the militant Palestinian faction that dominates Gaza, rejected the extension of the temporary cease-fire requested by the United Nations, after renewing rocket fire on Israel on Saturday evening.

“Any humanitarian cease-fire that doesn’t secure the withdrawal of occupation soldiers from inside Gaza’s borders, allow citizens back into homes, and secure the evacuation of the injured is unacceptable,” Sami Abu Zuhri, a Hamas spokesman, said in a brief statement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/27/world/middleeast/israel-extends-cease-fire-in-gaza-a-un-request-rejected-by-hamas.html?_r=0

Edited by Morch

Hamas are far weaker than they once were , Sunni Islamist militancy is no longer the flavour of the month , Egypt ,Syria and Iran no longer support them.
I hope Israel takes the opportunity to forge stronger links with more moderate factions within the Palestinian Authority , its probably the only way to stop the endless cycle of violence.

Netanyahu blamed Hama for the kidnap of three teen in the occupied West Bank.

So he used it as an excuse to launch the present slaughter.

Now it appears he got his facts wrong.

On Friday, Chief Inspector Micky Rosenfeld, foreign press spokesman for the Israel Police, reportedly told BBC journalist Jon Donnisonhe that the men responsible for murders were not acting on orders of Hamas leadership. Instead, he said, they are part of a lone cell. Further, Inspector Rosenfeld told Donnison that if Hamas leadership had ordered the kidnapping, they'd have known about it in advance.

Jon Donnison. Now why does that ring a bell...?
Oh...

Red faces at the BBC after reporter tweets 'heartbreaking photo of child hurt by Israeli rocket' which is actually a girl in Syria

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2236209/BBC-reporter-tweets-photo-injured-Gaza-girl-actually-child-Syria.html

http://bbcwatch.org/2012/11/19/bbcs-jon-donnison-tweets-malicious-fauxtography/

Other than that, I do not think it was ever claimed by anyone of importance that the kidnapping was directly ordered by
Hamas leadership. The justification used to see them as bearing responsibility had to do with their ongoing incitement
on Hamas media to carry out kidnappings (seeing as this paid off with the last kidnapping/exchange deal). Most of the
other details appearing in Donnison's tweet have been released in the past or at least, appeared in local media earlier.

The Syrians are indeed unlucky seeing as so many of them get to die twice after being resurrected by Pallywood so they can die a second time at the hands of the Israelis. All this is eagerly lapped up eagerly and uncritically by useful idiot press who have no intention of even carrying out due diligence regarding their so called news content.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 2

The Syrians are indeed unlucky seeing as so many of them get to die twice after being resurrected by Pallywood so they can die a second time at the hands of the Israelis. All this is eagerly lapped up eagerly and uncritically by useful idiot press who have no intention of even carrying out due diligence regarding their so called news content.

Hooray for Pallywood - a steady diet of distortions and lies! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uartJGBVHwU

• Like 1

Just yesterday US Secretary of State, John Kerry proposed a week long cease fire and Israel turned it down.

Hamas has refused cease fires repeatedly over the last few weeks. Israel is in the middle of an operation due to their intransigence. John Kerry can just wait until they are good and ready.

Hamas can only win if they keep suffering. No reason to quit now. World opinion is turning in their favor and I think they are beginning to realize it.

Hamas are far weaker than they once were , Sunni Islamist militancy is no longer the flavour of the month , Egypt ,Syria and Iran no longer support them.

Egypt is being quite open about it. They have had it with Hamas.

In the past few weeks, a number of Egyptian TV hosts and reporters have publicly condemned the actions of Hamas and even praised Israel, with one even going so far as to post, both on Facebook and Twitter, a thank you to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/egyptian-reporters-criticize-hamas-and-even-praise-israel/

• Like 1

"We will respond if terrorists choose to exploit this time to attack IDF personnel or fire at Israeli civilians," it said in a statement.'

Of course. That goes without saying. thumbsup.gif

" "continue to locate and neutralise terror tunnels"."

That's not responding, that's proactive and not "ceasing" fire.

Very typical. Stop firing but we will continue.

"We will respond if terrorists choose to exploit this time to attack IDF personnel or fire at Israeli civilians," it said in a statement.'

Of course. That goes without saying. thumbsup.gif

I am taking bets this will not last 12 hrs.  And guess who is going to break the window glass? tongue.png

NOTE! I do not mean money bets!  I am a Law abiding Farang in a LOS.

On Friday, Chief Inspector Micky Rosenfeld, foreign press spokesman for the Israel Police, reportedly told BBC journalist Jon Donnisonhe that the men responsible for murders were not acting on orders of Hamas leadership. Instead, he said, they are part of a lone cell. Further, Inspector Rosenfeld told Donnison that if Hamas leadership had ordered the kidnapping, they'd have known about it in advance.

Twisting facts and spreading disinformation, as usual, Jay.

Israel has launched an air attack on Hamas rocket launchers only after & because Hamas started bombing Israel. Hamas then escalated the attacks, Israel air-strikes were adjusted accordingly and the escalation of both sides reached where it is now.

This is of course not the first time Hamas is doing this:

0471a-fde469a9-6535-45f4-b973-9c7ec334fc

More evidence that these are the most incompetent terrorists in world history. Would you deny that I could do more damage against fortified positions with 1000 year old catapults than the Palestinians are doing with 21st century rockets fired into residential areas? Seriously, they have killed only 28 people in 12 Years. Why would anybody on your side of this argument use these numbers to make any kind of a point?

Mortars are much more useful as a weapon but so far, they have only fired 25 mortar rounds in this entire year. You could fire a case of mortar rounds in a matter of minutes.

Why would anybody on your side of this argument use these numbers to make any kind of a point?

Would you let someone fire thousands of rockets at your family, because they were only successful every now and again? Thank God, the USA and Israel for Iron Dome. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Why would anybody on your side of this argument use these numbers to make any kind of a point?

Would you let someone fire thousands of rockets at your family, because they were only successful every now and again? Thank God, the USA and Israel for Iron Dome. thumbsup.gif

A piece of Iron Dome came out of my pocket. Remember, the Balfour agreement was addressed to Lord Rothschild not my family, the Rothschild family could buy billions of Iron Dome rockets, right now I don't think I could afford one.

Egypt is being quite open about it. They have had it with Hamas.

In the past few weeks, a number of Egyptian TV hosts and reporters have publicly condemned the actions of Hamas and even praised Israel, with one even going so far as to post, both on Facebook and Twitter, a thank you to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/egyptian-reporters-criticize-hamas-and-even-praise-israel/
It's not only Egypt, both Saudi Arabia and the UAE would like nothing more than the Muslim brotherhood and it's offshoots being eliminated. ISIS are of far greater concern than the latest self-inflicted misadventure of Hamas. Indeed current U.S foreign policy decisions have made some strange bedfellows lining up against the group they would have had ruling Egypt and who's ideological allies have taken over half of Iraq and Syria.

• Like 2

Twisting facts and spreading disinformation, as usual, Jay.

Israel has launched an air attack on Hamas rocket launchers only after & because Hamas started bombing Israel. Hamas then escalated the attacks, Israel air-strikes were adjusted accordingly and the escalation of both sides reached where it is now.

This is of course not the first time Hamas is doing this:

0471a-fde469a9-6535-45f4-b973-9c7ec334fc

More evidence that these are the most incompetent terrorists in world history. Would you deny that I could do more damage against fortified positions with 1000 year old catapults than the Palestinians are doing with 21st century rockets fired into residential areas? Seriously, they have killed only 28 people in 12 Years. Why would anybody on your side of this argument use these numbers to make any kind of a point?

Mortars are much more useful as a weapon but so far, they have only fired 25 mortar rounds in this entire year. You could fire a case of mortar rounds in a matter of minutes.

The point I made was that thousands of Palestinian attacks on Israel civilians were and are being carried out. Their success rate is irrelevant, their destructive potential is relevant. Many of these terror attacks did not fail due to incompetence but were eliminated by anti-missile defense systems. There were also over 1971 injured innocent civilians, many of them critically. There was/is also a lot of damage and destruction to civilian property.

Note that these terror attacks were also accompanied by other terror suicide bombing attacks targeting civilians which took the toll of 804 innocent civilian lives, man, women and children and 1000s of injuries, many critically and many citizens will stay disabled for life.

I am truly sorry for you if the numbers don't satisfy you.

Edited by dr_lucas
  • Like 2

Just in case some of you Palestinian supporters are concerned about the flow of arms to Hamas and the possibility they might run out of rockets...never fear.

The dwarf dictator may be coming to their rescue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hamas and North Korea in secret arms deal

AFP/GETTY

Con Coughlin By Con Coughlin, Defence Editor7:00PM BST 26 Jul 2014

Hamas militants are attempting to negotiate a new arms deal with North Korea for missiles and communications equipment that will allow them to maintain their offensive against Israel, according to Western security sources.

Security officials say the deal between Hamas and North Korea is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and is being handled by a Lebanese-based trading company with close ties to the militant Palestinian organisation based in east Beirut.

Hamas officials are believed to have already made an initial cash down payment to secure the deal, and are now hoping that North Korea will soon begin shipping extra supplies of weapons to Gaza.

“Hamas is looking for ways to replenish its stocks of missiles because of the large numbers it has fired at Israel in recent weeks,” explained a security official. “North Korea is an obvious place to seek supplies because Pyongyang already has close ties with a number of militant Islamist groups in the Middle East.”

• Like 2

Just in case some of you Palestinian supporters are concerned about the flow of arms to Hamas and the possibility they might run out of rockets...

I know it is difficult for certain posters to understand this simple point, but supporting the rights of the Palestinian people does not mean one also supports Hamas and it's tactics!

There are many, many posts by a group of people supporting and defending the actions of the IDF and excusing the resulting deaths of hundreds of Palestinian civilians in these topics.

I have not seen a single post supporting or defending the firing of missiles into Israel by Hamas nor excusing any Israeli deaths..

No doubt if such a post does exist one of you IDF supporters will be able to point me towards it.

Edited by 7by7

I have not seen a single post supporting or defending the firing of missiles into Israel by Hamas.

No doubt if such a post does exist one of you IDF supporters will be able to point me towards it.

That would be impossible as they have already been reported and deleted, but there have been a number of them. Not everyone who supports the Palestinians is anti-Semitic or supports the tactics used by Hamas , but plenty are and plenty do

The president of Germany's central council of Jews, Dieter Graumann, thanked German leaders for their support. But he added: "Many in our community are feeling very insecure, anxious and completely shocked at the horrid anti-Jewish slogans, some of which have been chanted by large, wild crowds, calling for Jews to be 'gassed', 'burned' or 'slaughtered'."

http://www.jpost.com/International/Germany-condemns-anti-Semitic-protests-urges-restraint-Israeli-restraint-368631

Edited by Ulysses G.

Just in case some of you Palestinian supporters are concerned about the flow of arms to Hamas and the possibility they might run out of rockets...

I know it is difficult for certain posters to understand this simple point, but supporting the rights of the Palestinian people does not mean one also supports Hamas and it's tactics!

There are many, many posts by a group of people supporting and defending the actions of the IDF and excusing the resulting deaths of hundreds of Palestinian civilians in these topics.

I have not seen a single post supporting or defending the firing of missiles into Israel by Hamas nor excusing any Israeli deaths..

- There were quite a few posts supporting, excusing or defending the firing of missiles into Israel, you can find them here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744577-gaza-and-israel-suffer-deadliest-day

- There are many, many posts by a group of people supporting and defending the actions of Hamas and excusing the resulting deaths of their actions.

- I have not seen single post made by Palestinian supporters condemning Gaza's Hamas and the continuous firing of rockets on Israeli civilians, the building of terror tunnels from Gaza into Israeli territory and continuous provocations, the threatening of Hamas on its own civilians to act as human shields (I have seen a lot of Palestinian supports deny, twist, dismiss or blatantly lie about these facts.)

- No doubt if such a post does exist one of you Palestinian supports will be able to point me towards it

P.S. I support both sides and wish both sides will live together in peace. It truly saddens me to see casualties on either side.

Edited by dr_lucas
  • Like 1

Just in case some of you Palestinian supporters are concerned about the flow of arms to Hamas and the possibility they might run out of rockets...never fear.

The dwarf dictator may be coming to their rescue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hamas and North Korea in secret arms deal

AFP/GETTY

Con Coughlin By Con Coughlin, Defence Editor7:00PM BST 26 Jul 2014

Hamas militants are attempting to negotiate a new arms deal with North Korea for missiles and communications equipment that will allow them to maintain their offensive against Israel, according to Western security sources.

Security officials say the deal between Hamas and North Korea is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and is being handled by a Lebanese-based trading company with close ties to the militant Palestinian organisation based in east Beirut.

Hamas officials are believed to have already made an initial cash down payment to secure the deal, and are now hoping that North Korea will soon begin shipping extra supplies of weapons to Gaza.

“Hamas is looking for ways to replenish its stocks of missiles because of the large numbers it has fired at Israel in recent weeks,” explained a security official. “North Korea is an obvious place to seek supplies because Pyongyang already has close ties with a number of militant Islamist groups in the Middle East.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/10992921/Hamas-and-North-Korea-in-secret-arms-deal.html

Can you provide the link where Israel is buying his uranium oxide for his nuclear program ?

Was there a latest shipment involved of 80 to 100 tons from Argentine ?

Why would they be deleted?

Surely supporting one side over the other in a conflict is not against the forum rules.

Surely you can understand why posts like "keep bombing the Zionists" and "I wish Iran will come and finish what Hitler started" or a slightly moderated version of these will be deleted.

- There were quite a few posts supporting, excusing or defending the firing of missiles into Israel, you can find them here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744577-gaza-and-israel-suffer-deadliest-day

- There are many, many posts by a group of people supporting and defending the actions of Hamas and excusing the resulting deaths of their actions.

- I have not seen single post made by Palestinian supporters condemning Gaza's Hamas and the continuous firing of rockets on Israeli civilians, the building of terror tunnels from Gaza into Israeli territory and continuous provocations, the threatening of Hamas on its own civilians to act as human shields (I have seen a lot of Palestinian supports deny, twist, dismiss or blatantly lie about these facts.)

- No doubt if such a post does exist one of you Palestinian supports will be able to point me towards it

P.S. I support both sides and wish both sides will live together in peace. It truly saddens me to see casualties on either side.

There are posts trying to explain the reasons for the conflict and the support of Hamas by the residents of Gaza and others pointing out the relative ineffectiveness of the Hamas rocket attacks when compared to the devastation of those by the IDF.

But I didn't find one excusing or condoning the death of Israeli civilians.

There are many, far too many to list here, posts doing just that for the deaths of Palestinian civilians inflicted by the IDF.

As for condemning the actions of Hamas, I didn't have to look far; here is one of mine.

As I have repeatedly said in these topics
•I abhor ALL the deaths, regardless of who killed whom.
•I do not believe Hamas are right to fire rockets into Israel.
•I do not believe Israel is right to bomb civilians.

• Like 1

Why would they be deleted?

Surely supporting one side over the other in a conflict is not against the forum rules.

Surely you can understand why posts like "keep bombing the Zionists" and "I wish Iran will come and finish what Hitler started" or a slightly moderated version of these will be deleted.

Indeed, as would, I trust, posts like "kill all the Muslims" and "push the Palestinians into the sea."

But that's not what I am talking or asking about.