Crackdown planned on resorts in forests in Kanchanaburi

Lite Beer

A lot of the land in Kanchanburi area is owned by The Army, people have built resorts on it. I would imagine there are a few worried people around at present.

You mean " occupied" by the army?.

No owned. Yes they have a number of camps there, but I know of a number of places that have been developed which are tecnically army lanf

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A lot of the land in Kanchanburi area is owned by The Army, people have built resorts on it. I would imagine there are a few worried people around at present.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Hopefully this involves a few farangs and they can come in and have a whinge here on TVF, it should be amusing to read about how they were caught up in this net.

Amazing Thailand.

• Like 1

No owned. Yes they have a number of camps there, but I know of a number of places that have been developed which are tecnically army lanf

yes - "technically" that's a lovely word to use in Thai law....technicalities are a favourite.......

20 years ago hardly any of Thailand was surveyed properly and the process is still going on, but when properties are described as "extending from that tree to a telegraph pole then problems of occupation/ownership and all other forms of land possession that exist under Thai law are bound to arise

Mr Toad, the number of places that you know that have been developed which are technically army land, have you actually seen the land title papers?

The amount of times I've heard the saying "that's army land" in Kanchanaburi by people that don't know what they are talking about is unreal.

Those that have PBT5 title deeds or as you call it "army land" around town, have nothing to worry about.

The OP is a crackdown on resorts in two national parks and one wildlife sanctuary in Kanchanaburi.

Mr Toad, the number of places that you know that have been developed which are technically army land, have you actually seen the land title papers?

The amount of times I've heard the saying "that's army land" in Kanchanaburi by people that don't know what they are talking about is unreal.

Those that have PBT5 title deeds or as you call it "army land" around town, have nothing to worry about.

The OP is a crackdown on resorts in two national parks and one wildlife sanctuary in Kanchanaburi.

Boycie you may well be very right. Out of curiosity which resorts are being targeted?

Boycie you may well be very right. Out of curiosity which resorts are being targeted?

Got no idea, waiting on a follow up report from the original Thai news team.coffee1.gif