essential things to do before leaving?

razorramone

I've been in bangkok for two years and I like it, especially how everything is half the price as back home. But its time to head back to europe, I miss being able to wear a scarf and jacket.

Now I have a set leaving date - christmas - it's made me realise how little I've seen or done in thailand: I've just worked, played sports, dated, and watched movies. Not gone anywhere... I havent even seen any of the temples apart from wat saket!

What would your essential things to do/see be, for me to fill the next 6 months with.

Essential things to do / see is very subjective, different strokes for different folks.

As you say that you have done / seen very little in your time in Thailand, why not just take an extended road trip.

A few days at anyone place, see the local sights and then move on.

• Like 1

Someone just tapped me on the shoulder and said ... man ... just 'do' as many woman as you can ... ain't going to be like that when you get to the UK.

I told him to grab me a beer from the fridge and go back to his PS3

Get up to Chiang Mai during Loy Kathong. You get two festivals at the same time.

Yi Peng (Latern Festival) and Loy Kathong. Anywhere up north will do ... but 'the Rai' goes off.

tumblr_mba032Y91W1qavrxlo1_500.png

Yi Peng

10959777364_60cf2c43e9.jpg

Credit

Wat-Pahn-Tao-Loy-Krathong-4-480x420.jpg

Credit

I taken both my sister and a couple of gf's over the years ... all have enjoyed it.

I've been 3 times now, would go the 4th time when the opportunity presents itself.

Date (this year): November 5, 6 and 7 ... it's during the Full Moon

If you go, make sure you spend some time down by the river.

Grab some fireworks (can buy at most Ma and Pa Shops), buy a Kathong, some Laterns and enjoy.

Here is a quick guide ... http://www.chiangmai-alacarte.com/loy-krathong-festival-november-5-6-and-7-2014-0

• Like 1

Man oh man - Living in Bangkok 2 years - that's like living in Mexico City, Manila, NYC and saying I'm experiencing Mexico - The Philippines - USA.......one time I met a man from NYC (this was in California) who was in his 50-60's and couldn't believe Calif had mountains!!!!! Spent his life in the city and had NO clue outside his bubble - 2 years in Bankok - probably 6 months would have been enough........get out there - get going - get a GPS app on your phone (Sygic) - pick out a city or area and then hit POI then hit the road - you've got everything to discover that you've been missing and you've been missing a lot......

Get out there and do it - you've wasted enough time already - you could have found your paradise by now...find what you know interests you + what surprises you to learn........start now - you're wasting time......

We just got back from a 3500k trip to the beaches (we live CM) - that would be a good start - anywhere (almost) in Thailand is a good start - to me BKK is good for about 3 days......

Edited by pgrahmm