Monitor Problem

roger101

My monitor has stopped working i.e it doesnt come on. I've checked the socket and the power lead and they are both fine.

My question is do I throw it away and buy a new one or can monitors be serviced and repaired? If it is possible to service/repair

is it worth it?

Some monitors if not all have a internal fuse which can blow through heat,and can be repaired or serviced,the going rate where i live for someone to look at it is 300 baht which is reasonable so well worth the expense,rather than throw it out,so go this route first.smile.png

It would be easier to make a suggestion if we had some idea about the monitor ie: brand, size, age etc. If it's just a small item that is several years old I'd be inclined to buy a new one. If it's a high end model or a fairly recent purchase then yes, I'd look into getting it repaired. You can get a new 21" LED monitor nowadays starting at around 4000-5000 baht (Samsung, LG, Acer).

It would be easier to make a suggestion if we had some idea about the monitor ie: brand, size, age etc. If it's just a small item that is several years old I'd be inclined to buy a new one. If it's a high end model or a fairly recent purchase then yes, I'd look into getting it repaired. You can get a new 21" LED monitor nowadays starting at around 4000-5000 baht (Samsung, LG, Acer).

It's 5 years old an Lg Flatron W1952

I had the same problem, and found a lot of trouble shooting solutions on Youtube using brand/model info. Followed the videos, found the problem very easily and had a local guy put in a new power supply thing for 50 Baht. Way better than buying a new one!

It's 5 years old an Lg Flatron W1952

I have a 5 year old LG Flatron W1934, which I think is about the same as yours but a smaller screen, that had exactly the same problem. The problem was a couple of bad capacitors, which cost me 100 baht to have replaced. That was a little less than a year ago and it is still working fine.