I was asked 5,000 Bahts for my one year retirement (first) extension !

I've never had to ask for a receipt or change at the Jomtien office as they are always given.

So I supposed you never asked for a Certificate of Residence... whistling.gif

I've obtained many of those at Jomtien over the years.

In over 8 years of using the Jomtien office I've always been given receipts for everything - extensions, re-entry permits, certificates... over 50 payments in total by now (I pay for two).

Edited by tropo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never had to ask for a receipt or change at the Jomtien office as they are always given.

In over 8 years of using the Jomtien office I've always been given receipts for everything - extensions, re-entry permits, certificates... over 50 payments in total by now (I pay for two).

So in Jomtien they give receipts for receiving payment for a free service?

• Like 2

My problem is this......

Whenever there is a visa related issue, the Thai Law states....'up to the discretion of the officer in charge' but leaves out our ability to address issues related to

IN-discrete officers in charge, WITHOUT getting formally 'blacklisted' when calling for the supervisor!!

Consistency is to be invented by immigration!

The 'Blacklisting' myth is a complete fallacy aimed at the gullible. The last thing anyone in uniform wants at the moment is to re-seal one of these....

open-a-can-of-worms.jpg?w=300&h=210

Edited by evadgib

Yes, you are correct. Whenever you pay for a service, they issue a receipt.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Then check again because you will find you have no receipt for "certificate of residence".

Then check again because you will find you have no receipt for "certificate of residence".

I paid for my certificate's of residence. I think they were around 200 from memory. I don't keep all my my receipts..., but please give it a break, because you're hijacking the thread with your incessant repetition about nothing of importance.

The point is that receipts should be given out for visa extensions which cost exactly 1900 baht, which happens to be the topic of conversation here. Asking for a receipt could interfere with the alleged profiteering at the Samui office. It would have been quite reasonable for the OP to ask for one.

• Like 1

I paid for my certificate's of residence. I think they were around 200 from memory. I don't keep all my my receipts..., but please give it a break, because you're hijacking the thread with your incessant repetition about nothing of importance.

Actually is important because this discussion is about Immigration charging for something that is not legally defined. Certificate of residence letter is the best example, supposed to be free but they charge for it. You will not be given a receipt.

Actually is important because this discussion is about Immigration charging for something that is not legally defined. Certificate of residence letter is the best example, supposed to be free but they charge for it. You will not be given a receipt.

When will you stop? They were not free when I last got one AND I got a receipt. Let's move on.....

Edited by tropo

When will you stop? They were not free when I last got one AND I got a receipt. Let's move on.....

Seems a good chance for you to scan it, post here, and win the argument.

Of course anybody else that has an Immigration receipt for "certificate of residence" is welcome to do the same.

Edited by paz

I was not charged for my one in Khon Kaen but the boss told me they were normally 500 baht. She did me a favor because of a mutual friend.

Was she lying?