Marriage visa cost

I f you are asking a about getting a non immigrant O visa based upon marriage a single entry costs 2000 baht and 5000 baht for a multiple entry.

There are no border costs.

An extension of stay at immigration costs 1900 baht.

Marriage registration? Not sure what you mean. Once that  is done it is forever.

Marriage registration? Not sure what you mean. Once that  is done it is forever.

Forever ??? cheesy.gif You old romantic you.. 

Was nearly on my 3rd but now back to the 2nd !!!! 

Edited by LivinLOS

I f you are asking a about getting a non immigrant O visa based upon marriage a single entry costs 2000 baht and 5000 baht for a multiple entry.

There are no border costs.

An extension of stay at immigration costs 1900 baht.

his consulate will have to affirm he is divorced or not married, cost is 2,600 baht.i think

ok need help on this as I am time crunched with my tourist visa getting 9 weeks knocked off it

how do I get a non immigrant O visa < im assuming I need this before getting married esp when marriage visa requirement you need 400 000 B in your own thai bank account which I cant open with tourist visa

is it possible to go to Bangkok and get both done (non imm O and marriage visa )

within a week or should I just get non imm O visa first

thank you smile.png

Im Canadian

Edited by Mahdrek

You can open a bank account on any kind of visa. Mostly it is a question of keep on trying till some branch of some bank says yes. Having a Thai person going with you and vouching for you will help.

Once you are married and have 400,000 in the bank you cna apply for a conversion to a non-O visa based on your marriage for 2,000 baht. You will need to have at least 15 days left on your permission to stay.

You cannot get the non-o until you get married.

There is no requirement you have a non-o to open a bank account. It can be done with a tourist visa. If yout fiancee has a bank account you should be able to go to that bank and have her act as reference to open your account.

After you get married you can go to any nearby embassy or consulate and get a single entry non-o visa. (2000 baht).

You can also do a change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at immigration in Bangkok (2000 baht). You will need the 400k to be in the on the date you apply. Your wife will need to go with you and you will all the required documents needed to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage. It will more than likely require 2 trips to get the visa stamp. Unless you live near Bangkok it may be best to go out for the non-o.

Then about 60 days after you enter with a the non-o or have the change of visa status done you can apply for the one year extension of stay (1900 baht). at your local immigration office. The 400k baht will then need to be in the bank for 60 days.

My wife has a 1 year non immigrant O visa like mother of a student in Thailand. Our daughter infact has a 1 year ed visa like student.

Before i had a work permit but now i've just a tourist visa. Can i apply for a Non immigrant O visa like husband of my wife?/ Is it easy?

thanks for your help

ok I'm in Bangkok and will have all documents  certified tomorrow morning :)

next step is marriage which can do tomorrow too & have registered :)

so then my visa still runs out on friday and the next steps i have to do im confused about

do I have to fly to another country for Non O visa and if so where would be easiest and cheapest ?

do I have to return to Bangkok embassy or can i fly closer to where I live which is Khanom ( near Ko Samui ) and go to a local immigration office etc ?

I have not had money in thai bank account yet as banks in Khanom were a pain

im i better off getting a 60 day extension to visit new wife till i get everything in order for non o visa ?

thank you 

You can get the 60 day extension at your local immigration office. You wife will need to go with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate (plus copy) and copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card, Copies of you passport photo page. visa. entry/permitted to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

thank you ubonjoe :)

what is wifes house book registry ?

entry/permitted to stay stamp im assuming is is in visa book ?

TM6 departure card ?  

sorry this is all new to me

ok so tomorrow get married and registered in Bangkok at any district office, then head back towards Khanom and stop at local immigration office for 60 day extension ? then open bank account as soon as possible< i can only transfer so much per week as my Canadian bank account has safety limits so will take 3 weeks 

should i have the marriage cert translated to english, it says it may then be notarized at either the Thai ministry of foreign affairs or at Canadian Embassy < i just want to get back home to Khanom lol

It is the page in a house book (tambien ban) that shows her in it and page one of the book.

You visa and entry/permitted to stay stamp is in your passport. It shows the date you entered the country and the date you are allowed to stay to.

The departure card is the card that is stapled in your passport when you enter the country.

You do not need the marriage certificate translated unless you are planning to get her a visa to Canada.

You could get your marriage registered in Khanom.

Should I be concerned my wife's house registry book still says Lamphun ?
She never bothered to change it as that's where her family lives; we already went there this week for guarantee < not sure if spelt right but proof she is single

Should I be concerned my wife's house registry book still says Lamphun ?
She never bothered to change it as that's where her family lives; we already went there this week for guarantee < not sure if spelt right but proof she is single

Thank you once again ubonjoe :)

Got married today and registered :)

Staying in Bangkok an extra night to ensure everything is done right concerning visa.
I'm going to do the 60 day extension as I'm not prepared non o visa wise

My question and hopefully my last for awhile :P is should I just go to Canadian embassy in Bangkok as I know where it is etc, or do I have to go to a seperate immigration office ? Or both ?

Thank you :)