Democrat seeks graft buster's hands to indict former DSI boss Tarit

webfact

Democrat seeks graft buster’s hands to indict former DSI boss

siam13-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A former Democrat party MP today officially called on the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) to indict former chief of the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) on malfeasance charge.

In a petition submitted to the NACC deputy secretary-general Withaya Akompitak, the former MP Watchara Petchthong, said the former DSI chief Tarit Pengdit failed to order investigation into alleged corruption in the rice-pledging scheme and with behavioural intent to undermine the justice system.

He also asked the NACC to interrogate the former secretary-general of the House of Representatives Mr Suvichak Nakwajara for corruption over several procurement projects of his office after there was no progress in the investigation.

NACC deputy secretary-general Withaya Akompitak accepted the petition with pledge to follow up the case and report at the NACC meeting.

(Pic : file photo)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/democrat-seeks-graft-busters-hands-indict-former-dsi-boss/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-29

• Like 1

Good! This scumbag dog used the DSI to persecute whomever the Shinawatras told him to go after. It's about time they go after him. Hope he goes down hard!

Are you telling us that he was a puppet in the hands of an organized crime family? ph34r.png

• Like 2

Good! This scumbag dog used the DSI to persecute whomever the Shinawatras told him to go after. It's about time they go after him. Hope he goes down hard!

Why should it be okay to call somebody a scumbag because some washed up Democrat thinks he can be indicted, presuming it has the support of the army(the democarts always have).

WTP?

Why should it be okay to call somebody a scumbag because some washed up Democrat thinks he can be indicted, presuming it has the support of the army(the democarts always have).

WTP?

I expect that the victims on both sides with knives sticking out of their backs are calling him far worse, some are probably planning to make themselves scarce, just in case.

Before it all went pear shaped both he and Chalerm said and did enough to hang themselves several times over but ... !

I hope this is what you were thinking----How can you hang a man that was decapitated ??? or didn't he keep his word.??

i believe being a man of his words he did cut his head off but being the man he is re-generated.

He puts the ' Amazing ' in Amazing Thailand

• Like 1

Charging someone with "behavioural intent" to undermine a justice system is a new one to me . I couldn't find any reference to it in the penal code or 2007 Constitution. Maybe a law under animal control organic laws? I look forward to the NACC/Court accepting the charge to learn more about Thai laws against one's intent to behave in a certain manner - not that one actually carries through with such behavior.

Expect the NACC to throw out the case as DSI did went after the rice corruption. In fact a special investigative unit was set up and DSI personnel went to the provinces for investigation. The Dem is getting very desperate.

When was this ?

Do you mean helping with Yinglucks investigation that found no problems ?

Or after the army took over, like as part of the present investigation ?

As a separate issue. I wander what is happening with the investigation into Tarits luxury resort and the unusual wealth that went along with it ?

• Like 1

'Democrat seeks graft busters hands ...' ????

I agree, the headline is confusing at best. Ever after re-reading it, I can't decipher what it means.

If the word hands is replaced with 'assistance', then it makes a bit of sense.

Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 1

Expect the NACC to throw out the case as DSI did went after the rice corruption. In fact a special investigative unit was set up and DSI personnel went to the provinces for investigation. The Dem is getting very desperate.

If DSI and Tarit did investigate the Rice Scam then it must have been him that told Yingluck that everything was OK and no missing rice or money. An incompetent investigation by an even more incompetent person. And so he should also be charge with negligence as well..

You speculate too much. DSI found local irregularities way before the coup. Don't just relay on postings of TVF members which tends to hyperbole and made prejudgment of everything connected with the Shin. See below link in 2012.

http://www.oryza.com/content/thailand-depart-special-investigation

When was this ?

Do you mean helping with Yinglucks investigation that found no problems ?

Or after the army took over, like as part of the present investigation ?

As a separate issue. I wander what is happening with the investigation into Tarits luxury resort and the unusual wealth that went along with it ?

That was back in August 2012

The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) is investigating complaints of corruption in the government's rice-pledging scheme.

Vichai Kruetreepradit, senior executive vice president of the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC) said yesterday that the DSI has asked for information on all customers participating in the rice-pledging programme.

"We will provide full cooperation," he said.

As a separate issue I wonder what happened to the investigation into the Dems Rice Sales?

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has concluded that there was an irregularity regarding the previous government's decision to sell 3.4 million tons of rice from the state-held stock to only nine rice exporters.

DSI director-general Tarit Pengdith told a press conference on Wednesday that the agency's investigation discovered that the rice sale benefited the nine exporters, as no bidding was called to get the best prices possible for the government's rice. He said it was found that then deputy prime minister Trairong Suwankhiri, who was in charge of the National Rice Policy Committee, ordered the sale.

The DSI would next week submit its findings to the National Anti-Corruption Commission, in addition to the information it had provided to the anti-graft agency, according to Tarit.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/629088-thailands-d-s-i-says-previous-democrat-govts-rice-sale-fishy/

I'm sure the NACC will get round to it sometime coffee1.gif

If DSI and Tarit did investigate the Rice Scam then it must have been him that told Yingluck that everything was OK and no missing rice or money. An incompetent investigation by an even more incompetent person. And so he should also be charge with negligence as well..

You speculate too much. DSI found local irregularities way before the coup. Don't just relay on postings of TVF members which tends to hyperbole and made prejudgment of everything connected with the Shin. See below link in 2012.

Mr Eric Loh, when 'hyperbole' would be an Olympic sport, you would be gold medallist! Maybe quite some 'speculate' a lot here, many of them sympathising with the Shins and/or UDD, but for sure you are a champion (too) in denial, in twist and turn, in partial quote, etc. Did you study Law? Abroad or in Singapore? Do you work for a Shins owned company? (I'm just trying to find some reason for your 'ill faith')

• Like 1

Mr Eric Loh, when 'hyperbole' would be an Olympic sport, you would be gold medallist! Maybe quite some 'speculate' a lot here, many of them sympathising with the Shins and/or UDD, but for sure you are a champion (too) in denial, in twist and turn, in partial quote, etc. Did you study Law? Abroad or in Singapore? Do you work for a Shins owned company? (I'm just trying to find some reason for your 'ill faith')

ill faith legal jargon fraudulent deception. What I presented is facts not deception. If I get a gold medal for championing facts and not distorted hyperbole, I am delighted.

Before it all went pear shaped both he and Chalerm said and did enough to hang themselves several times over but ... !

I hope this is what you were thinking----How can you hang a man that was decapitated ??? or didn't he keep his word.??

And it cannot be reinforce enough that a deputy PM promised to decapitate himself if an accused terrorist, accused mass murderer, convicted criminal fugitive was not brought back to Thailand by the 1st of January, 2014. Remember this is the deputy PM of the elected government. Imagine if the elected government of Angola decided this? (I would say America or the UK, but one cannot compare the Shin govt to western governments) Can you support a government that voted a deputy in that (post 9/11) said they would decapitate themselves if a terrorist was not returned to Thailand?

I don't support terrorists so I say a big NO to that.

Tarit was a tool that allowed terrorism to flourish. I don't support terrorism, ergo I don't support Tarit.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

That was back in August 2012

The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) is investigating complaints of corruption in the government's rice-pledging scheme.

Vichai Kruetreepradit, senior executive vice president of the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC) said yesterday that the DSI has asked for information on all customers participating in the rice-pledging programme.

"We will provide full cooperation," he said.

As a separate issue I wonder what happened to the investigation into the Dems Rice Sales?

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has concluded that there was an irregularity regarding the previous government's decision to sell 3.4 million tons of rice from the state-held stock to only nine rice exporters.

DSI director-general Tarit Pengdith told a press conference on Wednesday that the agency's investigation discovered that the rice sale benefited the nine exporters, as no bidding was called to get the best prices possible for the government's rice. He said it was found that then deputy prime minister Trairong Suwankhiri, who was in charge of the National Rice Policy Committee, ordered the sale.

The DSI would next week submit its findings to the National Anti-Corruption Commission, in addition to the information it had provided to the anti-graft agency, according to Tarit.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/629088-thailands-d-s-i-says-previous-democrat-govts-rice-sale-fishy/

I'm sure the NACC will get round to it sometime coffee1.gif

So Tarit in 1012 found no problems (corruption) with a rice scheme.

As to the DSI's "irregularity" that they passed on to the NACC.

It would seem that it was found to be either of no significance or trumped up like the other charges from a DSI who were out to get the DEM's in any way they could.

You should note :

Trairong, a senior figure in the opposition Democrat Party, said on Wednesday that he suspected the DSI moves against him was politically motivated. He said that the Democrats have evidence to prove that bidding did take place and that there was no fixing of the bidding.

"All the processes were in accordance with the law and the prices were correct," Trairong said.

Presumably that evidence was presented to the NACC and found to be in order therefor no farther action was needed.

If you have any real evidence other than 'Tarit said' then you might like to post it.

Incidentally I cant see that him asking the BAAC for client information, inspecting 26 warehouses then forgetting the complaint will help him in any way.

WTP?

I think he's a scumbag no matter who says it.