Samsung Note 8 Tablet shop?

intel4004

Have decided to splash out and get my first tablet. I posted on here yesterday actually regarding other tablets but my mind is now set on this model after some research. Had looked at the Nexus (2013) but the only downside is the screen is a bit too small if only there was a Nexus 8!!

I can't afford the new Sammy tablets so will settle for the Note 8. Am looking for a place in Chiang Mai or BKK for a competitive new price or second-hand so can anyone recommend a shop or area I can go to please?

Not that it's relevant as I'm in Thailand but did a quick price check on Amazon UK.....New:£205 (10.5k TBH) Old:£165(8.5k TBH) and would use this as a guide price.

Thanks

I was in the same situation about 6 weeks ago. Note that there are 2 versions that I know of the Note 8.0 available in Thailand, the GT-5100 for use with 3G and the GT-5110 for use with wifi. The GT-5100 is the one you want. I use it mainly for stock trading when I'm on the move and not at my main computer. Fabulous solution! Excellent buy, I must say. Here a picture of it with a croco cover ordered from China..:

post-5472-0-41211900-1406646658_thumb.jp

I found the best bet to be on Lazada Thailand. Normally you can buy it at PowerBuy for 13'900 Baht, but Lazada sold it to me for 12'500 (exactly the same) and will send it to your home at no extra cost. The price varies as they look for sub dealers with the lowest offer. The month before I bought a Note 8.0 GT-5110 for my little daughter, it's a US refurbished model and looks and handles as brand new for only 7'540 Baht, was sent to us from Singapore with tracking at no extra cost. My 5-year old daughter has immense pleasure as she uses lots of educational apps every single day.

I have no affiliation with Lazada whatsoever, but I can recommend them for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Just google Galaxy Note 8.0 Lazada Thailand, but make sure you get the GT-5100 for use with 3G.

Edited by Dario

I was in the same situation about 6 weeks ago. Note that there are 2 versions that I know of the Note 8.0 available in Thailand, the GT-5100 for use with 3G and the GT-5110 for use with wifi. The GT-5100 is the one you want. I use it mainly for stock trading when I'm on the move and not at my main computer. Fabulous solution! Excellent buy, I must say. Here a picture of it with a croco cover ordered from China..:

attachicon.gifSAM_4275z.jpg

I found the best bet to be on Lazada Thailand. Normally you can buy it at PowerBuy for 13'900 Baht, but Lazada sold it to me for 12'500 (exactly the same) and will send it to your home at no extra cost. The price varies as they look for sub dealers with the lowest offer. The month before I bought a Note 8.0 GT-5110 for my little daughter, it's a US refurbished model and looks and handles as brand new for only 7'540 Baht, was sent to us from Singapore with tracking at no extra cost. My 5-year old daughter has immense pleasure as she uses lots of educational apps every single day.

I have no affiliation with Lazada whatsoever, but I can recommend them for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Just google Galaxy Note 8.0 Lazada Thailand, but make sure you get the GT-5100 for use with 3G.

Managed to find a Note 8 3g here in Chiang Mai for 7000bht secondhand and looks fine. Its got a bit of a small dent so will see if I can get a reduction, also comes with 2 months warranty. Its a great size for travelling too. Since it's 3g pretty sure its the GT-5100 as I saw a sim card slot. Well let you know if I land it smile.png as I need it by Friday before I go travelling.

ps. Any experience with a keyboard for the Note 8?

Edited by intel4004

attachicon.gifSAM_4275z.jpg

Managed to find a Note 8 3g here in Chiang Mai for 7000bht secondhand and looks fine. Its got a bit of a small dent so will see if I can get a reduction, also comes with 2 months warranty. Its a great size for travelling too. Since it's 3g pretty sure its the GT-5100 as I saw a sim card slot. Well let you know if I land it smile.png as I need it by Friday before I go travelling.

ps. Any experience with a keyboard for the Note 8?

No keyboard needed, there is one integrated which does the job. If you don't like it there are keyboard apps to choose from. I have one downloaded, too.

There is a third Note 8 version, the GT-5120 which is an LTE version. You will not be disappointed from the Note 8. Yes, a great size for travelling, correct.