Private tutor near Pattaya, A-level Business and ICT specifically? (Or tips on how to survive!)

I'll be straight to the point.

This upcoming May/June session (2015) I am signing up for AS Business and AS ICT and only have so much time to sharpen my skills. annoyed.gif

I am currently a Year 11 student, doing my final IGCSE exams this October/November, after which I'll have all 5 basic O-levels and will likely drop off school. It has been wonderful at preparing me for my O-levels, but all my teachers agree that it's unable to prepare me for anything as high as A-levels.

There are, of course, other schools in Pattaya and nearby in Rayong, like Garden, Regents, or St. Andrews, but with a tight budget like ours they cost a fortune and, sadly, do not offer scholarships or part-time studentship. Which is why I think it would be best if I just concentrate on my A-levels for the next year-and-a-half and get them done just in time for the first semester of Webster University (Hua-Hin) by 2016.

But I know I'll never be able to do it by myself. Lack of motivation and no-one to tell me if I'm doing any good.

So, private tutor!

If anyone could offer any other ideas on how I could help myself, maybe offer any online courses or study/revision techniques coffee1.gif I'd be grateful for that too. But do keep in mind that I've learnt most of the O-level ICT syllabus, but know little of the Business syllabus.

Many thanks in advance for any piece of advice! wai.gif

A tutor is going to be expensive. If you can find a Thai it will likely be 150 or 200 baht per hour. Any decent westerner will be much more, Maybe better to get to know some of the kids that study at the international schools on the British system and get to be study partners with them. Invite them to pizza or something every week.

• Like 1

...get to know some of the kids that study at the international schools on the British system and get to be study partners with them.

Invite them to pizza or something every week.

I really, really like that idea. Gonna be tricky, having no accounts in any social networks, so I'll have to search through acquaintances of acquaintances, or take a chance of getting to know some while I'll be there for a tour.

Yay for pizza!