To buy house/condo

sunny09

How to buy town house or condo on 100 % foreign name? As i was told that foreigner can't buy house as 100% owner as per Thailand law. You can buy in your thai GF's name or registered company name BUT in that co.too you are owner of 49%. Rest 51% will be in thai owner !!

How a foreigner can buy house or condo in his name and property would be in his name, so one can take undue advantage as 51% share holder?

Recently i read a news that in chiang mai some resorts are seazed by forest dept.as the construction was on encroached land !! How to make sure that when anyone is buying house/condo is developed on legal property?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

All covered in detail numerous times in the Housing, Land and Real estate forum, go search there-all will become clear, or maybe not!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

If you are really serious about buying a property, visit a local estate agent and let them educate you. At least you'll get an initial understanding and from there can do more investigations.

I'd also spend some time reading the threads in the real estate sub forum. Lots of great threads there....

Depending on the percentage of current farang owners in a building, or some exemption legally granted in some cases, foreigners can buy a condo 100% in their own names. I did and I'm sure many other have too. In my case, upon my death, the property is willed to a Thai heir. There are restrictions on a farang owner passing ownership to another farang when the owner dies.

The problem/prohibition regarding foreigner ownership is primarily with the land beneath the structure, not the building/house itself. With a condo, that's not an issue although, in theory, a set percentage of the units in a building ought to be owned by Thais.

Edited by Suradit69