IN and OUT by plane... Still allowed?

I need to redo my ED visa from the start, and the MOE wants me to get a tourist visa, before reapplying for fresh ED visa

Anyway the quickest is for me to fly out anywhere (Vientiane) and back in again on the same day, in Don Muang, requesting tourist visa on arrival.

It will obviously be for changing visa.

Is that still allowed?

Will I get any problem?

Also will probably need ONE subsequent border land crossing to get extra 30 days, (being part of G7 nationalities)

is that too much to ask these days?

Thank you

Edited by Kitsune

Yes it is allowed, it is doable, and nationality does not matter.

You can also go via land, it does not make any difference.

However I recommend you check your options with another school before assuming anything about MoE and what they want from you.

Yes it is allowed, it is doable, and nationality does not matter.

You can also go via land, it does not make any difference.

However I recommend you check your options with another school before assuming anything about MoE and what they want from you.

You mean it will be OK to do an "In and Out" by plane, followed by an "In and Out" by land?

They won't be crossed about 2 subsequent borders crossings ?

You mean it will be OK to do an "In and Out" by plane, followed by an "In and Out" by land?

With a visa, you can come and go as you please.

Note when you come in without a visa, you do not get visa on arrival, you get a visa exempt entry.

Problems can be had doing back-to-back visa exempt entries and/or suspected to work illegally

Edited by paz

All I can say is that I, a few days ago, made a back-to-back (visa exemption stamp) Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur-Bangkok and that I did not have a problem at all. I have 2 rather recent back-to-back stamps and one 3 months visa created in Laos, also very recently done, in my passport.

Most likely you will not have a problem. But no guarantee from here...

With a visa, you can come and go as you please.

Note when you come in without a visa, you do not get visa on arrival, you get a visa exempt entry.

Problems can be had doing back-to-back visa exempt entries and/or suspected to work illegally

I will be losing my ED visa and re-entering on a visa exempt tourist.

Then extending it 30 days by border crossing.

Would I be ok?

Thank you

Oops just checked, Bangkok-Vientiane "flights" are actually border crossing by land, its a flight (to Udon Thani) and a bus combined to reach Vientiane.

I thought border crossings were not allowed anymore, I'm confused facepalm.gif

PERSONS WHO ENTER THAILAND USING VISA EXEMPT /VISA WAIVER CAN ENTER VIA AIRPORT TO RECEIVE A 30 DAY STAMP, THAN ONE 30 DAY STAMP (Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Laos, Macau, Mongolia, Russia, USA, United Kingdom and Vietnam), OR ONE 15 DAY STAMP(Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Brunei, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Slovak, Slovenia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and UAE) FROM LAND BORDER. AFTER THAT THEY HAVE TO APPLY FOR THAI VISA AT THAI EMBASSY.

Would I be ok?

If you plan to stay between 30 and 60 days before you have paperwork for an ED visa, i recommend you get a tourist visa, not visa exemption entry.

Would I be ok?

If you plan to stay between 30 and 60 days before you have paperwork for an ED visa, i recommend you get a tourist visa, not visa exemption entry.

Could you elaborate as to why?

Oops just checked, Bangkok-Vientiane "flights" are actually border crossing by land, its a flight (to Udon Thani) and a bus combined to reach Vientiane.

PERSONS WHO ENTER THAILAND USING VISA EXEMPT /VISA WAIVER CAN ENTER VIA AIRPORT TO RECEIVE A 30 DAY STAMP, THAN ONE 30 DAY STAMP (Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Laos, Macau, Mongolia, Russia, USA, United Kingdom and Vietnam), OR ONE 15 DAY STAMP(Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Brunei, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Slovak, Slovenia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and UAE) FROM LAND BORDER. AFTER THAT THEY HAVE TO APPLY FOR THAI VISA AT THAI EMBASSY.

Thank you from quoting from the web page of thai visa service , but this is valid for Ban Laem Check Point only. Other borders might have a different rule.

You can join us on our daily service to get a 30 day entry stamp or join the trip to Vientiane/Laos to obtain a Single Entry Tourist Visa, which give you a 60 day stay,possible to extend for another 30days at your local Thai Immigration.

Since you have been on an extension based upon going to school you will not have a problem doing an out/in trip for a exempt entry by land sea for air.

I am not sure a 30 day exempt exempt entry will be enough time for you to get the paper work for a ED visa. I suggest you get a tourist visa instead.

Since you have been on an extension based upon going to school you will not have a problem doing an out/in trip for a exempt entry by land sea for air.

I am not sure a 30 day exempt exempt entry will be enough time for you to get the paper work for a ED visa. I suggest you get a tourist visa instead.

Thank you Ubon

Well I am planning to do a border crossing as allowed after 30 days, to top it off with additional 30 days (being G7 nationality)

I would be plenty of time to sort out my ED visa, and I really would prefer NOT to spend more time in Vientiane as I will have to go again soon to get the actual ED visa.

Do you think that's ok?

Thanks again !

Edited by Kitsune

You probably would not have to do a another out/in since you have not done one yet anyway. If your entry is still valid on or after the 29th of August you will be able to get a 30 day extension of your entry at immigration.

You probably would not have to do a another out/in since you have not done one yet anyway. If your entry is still valid on or after the 29th of August you will be able to get a 30 day extension of your entry at immigration.

Thank you for prompt answer :)

Sorry I don't understand what you're saying

What do you mean by " If your entry is still valid on or after the 29th of August you will be able to get a 30 day extension of your entry at immigration."

If I get a visa exempt, I only get 30 days right ?

Then I would have to cross the border to get extra 30 days right?

That's what this visa service explains :

PERSONS WHO ENTER THAILAND USING VISA EXEMPT /VISA WAIVER CAN ENTER VIA AIRPORT TO RECEIVE A 30 DAY STAMP, THAN ONE 30 DAY STAMP (Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Laos, Macau, Mongolia, Russia, USA, United Kingdom and Vietnam), OR ONE 15 DAY STAMP(Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Brunei, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Slovak, Slovenia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and UAE)

http://www.thaivisaservice.com/

There has already been a topic about immigration being able to do a 30 day extension of a visa exempt entry effective the 29th of August. You would just need to go to immigration and apply for it and pay 1900 baht.

whistling.gif As far as I know, it is still possible at airport until 12 August to do an in-out by air.

After 12 August they are likely to have new rules on the in-out for visa exempt entries at the airport also.

Probably no in-outs allowed then.

Would highly recommend at least a single entry tourist visa just to be safe.

A tourist visa gives you a 3 month safety cushion wile waiting for your school to get their act together and get you the required paperwork for an Ed visa.

Thank you from quoting from the web page of thai visa service , but this is valid for Ban Laem Check Point only. Other borders might have a different rule.

You can join us on our daily service to get a 30 day entry stamp or join the trip to Vientiane/Laos to obtain a Single Entry Tourist Visa, which give you a 60 day stay,possible to extend for another 30days at your local Thai Immigration.

Thanks for your message, your service has been recommended by my school.

I might consider it although,the picking up point is very early and I am not sure how to get there so early

There has already been a topic about immigration being able to do a 30 day extension of a visa exempt entry effective the 29th of August. You would just need to go to immigration and apply for it and pay 1900 baht.

Actually just found the link and it's not just 1.900 THB

You have to provide

1. Your onward flight ticket or eTicket out of Thailand within the 30 days

2. Minimum 10,000 Baht, or rather 20,000 Baht

3. Hotel booking confirmation - and if you have it, your itinerary

4. One photo, passport sized.

5. Application fee, 1,900 Baht

This obviously is not suitable for me as I am applying for ED visa

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744440-longer-visa-exemption-extensions-begin-august-29-2014/?utm_source=newsletter-20140720-1523&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

You have to provide

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744440-longer-visa-exemption-extensions-begin-august-29-2014/?utm_source=newsletter-20140720-1523&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

I am not sure that all that will be required. I think it will come down to seeing what immigration really is going to require.

I suspect 2 and 3 will not be needed, You could get a cheap one way ticket out of the country that could be less than making a border run if it is required.

OP ... don't you live in Thailand? ... have a long term lease on a house in Bangkok?

Isn't a Tourist Visa cheating a little bit.

You are French, aren't you?

Just trying to help so that you get quality advice.

OP ... don't you live in Thailand? ... have a long term lease on a house in Bangkok?

Isn't a Tourist Visa cheating a little bit.

You are French, aren't you?

Just trying to help so that you get quality advice.

As mentioned on OP, I am ONLY doing tourist visa ON MINISTRY OF EDUCATIONS REQUEST.

If you have a problem regarding this procedure please directly address your complain to the MOE.

I would fully support it as I am not at all happy about this either.

Regarding the personal details you mentioned about me, this is wrong and I have no idea where you got that from.

I just completed my fourth, 30 day visa exempt border run, in succession 2 days ago. Obviously some individuals are reporting problems but at the border crossing I use,it is still possible.

Could I ask which border ?

Land or plane?

Thanks

You have to provide

I am not sure that all that will be required. I think it will come down to seeing what immigration really is going to require.

I suspect 2 and 3 will not be needed, You could get a cheap one way ticket out of the country that could be less than making a border run if it is required.

Border run with visa company is 2000THB, so money wise its a same, but with border you waste a day.

I can have the money but hotel booking is a joke for me, I have been signing 90 days report for 3 years.

As I said it was not my idea to go tourist visa and I should have asked a letter by MOE stating they made me do it.

They can't ask me to suddenly pretend to be a "real" tourist just because my MOE officer is in a bad mood and eager to retire.

I just completed my fourth, 30 day visa exempt border run, in succession 2 days ago. Obviously some individuals are reporting problems but at the border crossing I use,it is still possible.

Could I ask which border ?

Land or plane?

Thanks

I used the Mae Sai land border crossing.