Cartoon Network Amazone waterpark announce soft opening – 31st July 2014

InspirePattaya

For the best value, Buy Your Annual Pass Now with special pricing available only from April – June 30, 2014. Membership starts from only THB 4,000 for a Silver Pass.inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 31-07-2014

post-197742-0-27318600-1406707077_thumb.

For more information please visit http://www.inspirepattaya.com/pattaya/cartoon-network-amazone-waterpark-announce-soft-opening-31st-july-2014/

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live 2 kms from the park. No way is it ready yet to admit gullible fools willing to perpetuate Thai dual pricing policy. At least I would get a discount as an OAP were I daft enough to go there.

With a 'retirement' visa, the wife & two kids would cost me nearly 4K to stumble about a building site: I don't think so.

Under 24 hours notice for the opening. Wow.

And still promoting special prices that only applied up to June 30?

Not much organisation there, I think.

Had to go back to the top to look. Amazing that they would post about an expired offer.

I live in na jomtien so I might try the park some day. And I qualify for resident discount, lol. Not much of a discount really. 1290 baht for one day, not sure if it's worth it.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I love these soft openings it's such a thai thing, does anyone else do it? It's like we're completely not ready but what the heck let's go get some $$$$ :-) And 1290 for 1 day really? That's steep.

At these prices my kids will be disappointed as they have been loloking forward to the opening. I might take them once but I was initially planning on every other weekend, not now :-(

Perhaps the original financial plan was to expect new visitors each day, but that will not last for long and I do not expect these prices to be maintained either. Give it a year or so and a day pass should be no more than 400-500 baht :-)

At these prices my kids will be disappointed as they have been loloking forward to the opening. I might take them once but I was initially planning on every other weekend, not now :-(

Perhaps the original financial plan was to expect new visitors each day, but that will not last for long and I do not expect these prices to be maintained either. Give it a year or so and a day pass should be no more than 400-500 baht :-)

Still too much blink.png

I will consider it if they drop the prices to 500 baht for a day. Just look at Mimosa nearby, they increased the prices during low season, nobody came and suddenly they reduced the entrance fee by 50%

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OK, so you were planning on taking your kids every other weekend... but were planning on buying day passes each time? And if your prediction comes true in a year or so would you then buy day passes each time at 400-500 baht each? Or is this still beyond what you would consider good value?

Unless I'm missing something here, right now you could buy a one-year Gold Family Member Pass for 22,990 Baht which would entitle 2 adults and 2 kids entry to the water park on 286 days of the year. Looking at the calendar on the park's website 11 weekends of the (approx.) 52 are not free with the Gold Package, but that shouldn't be a problem because you only plan on going there for 26 weekends of the 52.

And so with a Gold Family Pass you and 2 kids could go to the park every other weekend (26 times) and it would cost you 22,900 baht (cost of the pass) divide by 3 (you + 2 kids) divide by 26 (every other weekend) = 294 Baht per person per visit. If you have a wife or partner to join as the second adult so that 4 of you went every time it would bring the price down to 220 Baht per person per visit, and if you liked it enough to use the card to its full potential and went there on 41 weekends it would bring the price down to 186 Baht per person per visit if there were 3 of you and 140 Baht per person per visit if there were 4 of you.

Now, all of the above is based on the assumption that when you mentioned your original plan to go every other weekend, you were only intending to go there on one of the 2 days that makes up a weekend. If you were planning to go on both days (Saturday and Sunday) the above prices are effectively halved and so you could be looking at as low as 70 Baht per person per visit...

But you could well be right - maybe it is worth waiting a year or so until the day passes are only 400-500 Baht... That'll show'em.

• 2 weeks later...

Just spent a week in Bangkok with my daughter, and there is much more to offer for kids than Pattaya ever will have. Dreamworld, Siam Park and Kidzania (Siam Paragon) are fantastic and keep the kids happy all day long. Kidzania is a must if you have not been before; all for under 700 baht from 10am to 5pm; the kids are under strict supervision and you can go off and do whatever you want without worrying about them. Just google it and they will want to go.

The Cartoon Network Park will surely enough reduce the prices dramatically otherwise the investment will not be worthwhile. It may take a while but it has to happen.

I am always amazed how some "tourist" traps come to this area thinking they will make money (without research or thought) . Though there is an increase of families visiting Pattaya compared to 10 years ago, I do not think there are enough families to support such a large water park. If it was closer to Bangkok, I'd say yes. The park will have to depend on the tourist bus traveler to get customers in and I do not believe there are that many families that could fill the part up everyday. Heck, look at that Teddy Bear museum on Beach Rd in front of Markland, do you see loads of children visiting the museum with their parents? I only see a few tourist buses dumping off a handful of Koreans to look at the stuffed bears. And a couple pickled bar flies who swagger down from soi 6 north Pattaya, think it is a go-go bar. giggle.gif

As far as I can see there is still no sign of any method to get customers safely from the massive car park (on the east side of Sukhumvit road) to the water park (on the west side of the road) and back.

No subway, footbridge or pedestrian crossing.

This section of Sukhumvit road is a very busy 4-lane road with a 90kph speed limit.

Visited today for first time. Very impressed with level of service and English of staff, from office staff to life guards to food service. Feels like a "proper attraction" which of course needs huge investment, planning and hopefully pays decent wages. This comes at a price in term of cost through the door.

Yes close to 4,000 for a family of 4, but for a one off I think is fair. For an annual pass, if you use it once a month will cost about 1,700 a trip, we will probably use much more and is a bargain.

Looking at the quality so far I am sure they will have a plan for parking, once the park fully opens.

Fair play to them, huge investment, I hope it pays off.

Next a theme park?

Visited today for first time. Very impressed with level of service and English of staff, from office staff to life guards to food service. Feels like a "proper attraction" which of course needs huge investment, planning and hopefully pays decent wages. This comes at a price in term of cost through the door.

Yes close to 4,000 for a family of 4, but for a one off I think is fair. For an annual pass, if you use it once a month will cost about 1,700 a trip, we will probably use much more and is a bargain.

Looking at the quality so far I am sure they will have a plan for parking, once the park fully opens.

Fair play to them, huge investment, I hope it pays off.

Next a theme park?

Where did you park then ?

They already have a plan for parking, what they don't have is a plan for getting you from the parking lot to the water park safely

Parked right outside. Maybe only 500 people there today, around 100 cars so no problem. When building site finished think there will be space for another 200 cars off to the right of reception.?

Plenty of time in my opinion before they will get more than that. Seems like another 2 months at least before proper opening, and then it will be mainly coaches I reckon.

Seems like they own more land there so maybe the park at the other side of Suk is going to be for coaches?

Parked right outside. Maybe only 500 people there today, around 100 cars so no problem. When building site finished think there will be space for another 200 cars off to the right of reception.?

Plenty of time in my opinion before they will get more than that. Seems like another 2 months at least before proper opening, and then it will be mainly coaches I reckon.

Seems like they own more land there so maybe the park at the other side of Suk is going to be for coaches?

Sorry should add that of course weekends and holidays will be more cars, but this is very much an international project / investment. If you really think they did not consider that people would come by car then I think you will be surprised.

I went yesterday with the family and have to concur that the service was excellent, price wise it is expensive if you pay on the day but actually I think the annual pass options are pretty reasonable especially if you live local and make good use of it, on the whole a really good day out and definitely one of the better options to kill a few hours each week

The price for the Platinum Annual pass which gives unlimited access to a family of 4 was B30,990 but when you consider it is valid till 31 Jan 2016 I think that is good value we also received free food and drink vouchers and some money off vouchers for other food outlets and the like, there was also no double pricing if you are a resident and present your driving licence which is nice

Most of the slides are open already and there where surprisingly little in the way of queues, they appear to take safety seriously which is also a refreshing change to the norm. The only downside I saw was the fact that the passes are individual so my kids cant use our passes to take their friends but I guess they have their reasons...

The park is not open to people paying on the day yet and only available to people with the annual passes, I don't think the park is going to be fully open until the 31st of January hence why the annual passes are good till the end of January 2016