cost to replace smart phone screen

chappie1207

Since this topic was moved to ThaiVisa:Internet, computers, communication, technology forum

...could you please tell us where you are in Thailand?

I'm guessing the 3rd-Party part will probably run you between 1600-2000 baht.  (The digitizer cost is quoted at 600 - 1000 baht, so that plus labor and handling)

An Authorized Samsung store should be able to tell you how much it will cost for an OEM replacement.

You have two options:

Option 1:

Take it to an non-authorized repair center (many everywhere, ask around for local recommendations) and ask the shop to quote the repair using an Authorized Samsung OEM part, or the 3rd-Party part.  Remember, this is just the digitizer (touch sensitive input layer), it's not the LCD screen.

Option 2:

a. Take the phone to an Authorized Samsung Dealer who will send it to the Samsung Service Centre

b. Make your own arrangements to send it to the Authorized Samsung Service Centre

Samsung Service Centre Khon Kaen, THAILAND

Telephone:  0-2689-3232 or 1800-29-3232

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd Service Department 1
6 floor Boonmitr Building 138 Silom Rd.,
Suriyawong Bangrak Bangkok 10500
Edited by RichCor
  • Like 2

Freaking Samsung Repair Service (Fortune Tower)   I took one of the older "resistive" screen touch phones there for a screen repair..B1200, 3 weeks.  I was in a hurry when I was picking it up and only turned it on to see if it worked but didn't look closely at it.

Got it home and noticed the "new" screen looked as scratched as the old one.  Checked the returned part bag and the screen inside was crystal clear with sealant intact...brand new.  The technician had mistakenly put my old screen back on and didn't notice it.  For some reason, just putting the screen off and on fixed the problem of no imput.  They charged me for a brand new screen it didn't even need. 

Went back, showed the Manager the crystal clear screen and got the quintessential stonewall..he refused to acknowledge the obvious and that was that.

Samsung really isn't better than anybody else...they just advertise a lot more. 

Freaking Samsung Repair Service (Fortune Tower)   I took one of the older "resistive" screen touch phones there for a screen repair..B1200, 3 weeks.  I was in a hurry when I was picking it up and only turned it on to see if it worked but didn't look closely at it.

Got it home and noticed the "new" screen looked as scratched as the old one.  Checked the returned part bag and the screen inside was crystal clear with sealant intact...brand new.  The technician had mistakenly put my old screen back on and didn't notice it.  For some reason, just putting the screen off and on fixed the problem of no imput.  They charged me for a brand new screen it didn't even need. 

Went back, showed the Manager the crystal clear screen and got the quintessential stonewall..he refused to acknowledge the obvious and that was that.

Samsung really isn't better than anybody else...they just advertise a lot more. 

facepalm.gif just unbelievable.....