Kasikorn Bank K-bank Online Daily Transfer Maximum Only 500000 Baht ? How to raise the limit ?

Hello,

It seems that Kbank online transfer to another Kbank account is 500000 thb ? (daily limit)

Do you know how to raise the limit and what is the maximum that we can transfer online each time/day ?

As the fee to get a bank draft is 0.1 % it can be quite expensive if you transfer several millions and it would be cheaper to do it online.

A cashier check is only 20 baht but the receiver will also have to pay the fee 0.1 %, which is not possible.

Cheers.

Edited by thairastawoman

2Millions/day. Just go to the bank with your passbook and id card.

It seems you are going to transfer to a different clearing area. I suggest you compare the online transfer fee with cash transfer at counter fee and decide which way you really wanna go.

By "bank draft" I presume the OP means cashier's cheque. I very much doubt that they charge 0.1% for this. Krung Sri, Krung Thai and Bangkok Bank both charge a small, fixed fee irrespective of amount. 20 Baht if I recall correctly. I doubt Kasikorn is different.

This is by far the most convenient way available for transferring very large sums of money around.

My daily On-line limit with Kasikorn is Baht 300,000.- and I have only needed to exceed that on 2 or 3 occasions when I wanted to pay my AMEX Bill and had to do it in 2 tranches, a day apart, at a Fee of Baht 25.- each time.

Not a major problem.

Patrick

By "bank draft" I presume the OP means cashier's cheque. I very much doubt that they charge 0.1% for this. Krung Sri, Krung Thai and Bangkok Bank both charge a small, fixed fee irrespective of amount. 20 Baht if I recall correctly. I doubt Kasikorn is different.

This is by far the most convenient way available for transferring very large sums of money around.

Wrong.

Bank draft and cashier cheques are different.

Bank draft: the one who emit the draft from his account pays the 0.1% fee even in the same province.

Cashier cheque: the one who received the cheque pays the 0.1% fee when in another province (not sure for same province)

Cashier cheque also costs 20 thb when you get it, as you said.

My daily On-line limit with Kasikorn is Baht 300,000.- and I have only needed to exceed that on 2 or 3 occasions when I wanted to pay my AMEX Bill and had to do it in 2 tranches, a day apart, at a Fee of Baht 25.- each time.

Not a major problem.

Patrick

But a major problem for 5MB up.

When I had to pay some large sums during building construction just withdrew cash and bagged it; several million baht is not a large stack. Tried to have the payee standing alongside me so he got stuck with the risk. Here in Phuket at Central all the banks are in one area on 2d floor so even an interbank transfer is just a few meters walk in a area that is always filled with people.

Also the fee for cashing a cheque is written on bangkok bank website:

Cheque Cashing (Inter-branch)

In the same region 10Bt for every 10,000Bt (min 20Bt) Across different regions 20Bt for every 10,000Bt (min 20Bt) + transaction fee of 20Bt

So why saying that there is not fee ? You just need to read to understand.

Also the fee for cashing a cheque is written on bangkok bank website:

Cheque Cashing (Inter-branch)

In the same region 10Bt for every 10,000Bt (min 20Bt) Across different regions 20Bt for every 10,000Bt (min 20Bt) + transaction fee of 20Bt

So why saying that there is not fee ? You just need to read to understand.

All I can say is, having purchased and deposited cashier's cheques perhaps a dozen times this year so far moving money between different banks, I have never, ever, paid anything beyond the initial 20 Baht fee. Not a hint of any other deduction.

All I can presume is that the reference to "Cheque Cashing" refers to cheques, not cashier's cheques, which are a different beast.

You're trying to create a problem where there isn't one.

Anyway, given your consistent attitude, I won't be providing any further comment on this subject. You've got all the information you need.