Did you ever been asked by immigration for a Satellite picture of your home?

As I said in a former Topic I have been asked for a satellite picture of my address (Google Earth) by the Samui immigration officer!

Did some members experience the same before?

Could that be a new rule?

Or the lady of the little travel bureau across the street (who asked me100Bah for the copy) was his girlfriend?

Given that some immigration offices don't accept a Google Maps printout to show the location of one's house and instead want a crudely hand-drawn map, this request for a satellite picture of the house is interesting.

I, too, wonder if any other immigration office is asking for a satellite picture and hope that any member who had this request will be kind enough to post it here.

No, but when I was asked to draw a plan to my (er her) house on a sheet of paper I gave a printout of a google map printout of the village showing main road leading to the village.
That was a proactive step on my part. The printout was accepted without any complaints.
This was December 2014.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

No, but when I was asked to draw a plan to my (er her) house on a sheet of paper I gave a printout of a google map printout of the village showing main road leading to the village.
That was a proactive step on my part. The printout was accepted without any complaints.
This was December 2014.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

December 2014?
You mean it happened in the future?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just in case, print the gps coordinates on a slip of paper. Can be used to print a map or a satellite view.

I prefer to give a freakin' address.  If the immigration official is to anal to accept such, I will direct them to visit the nearest post office where they can seek help, if not mental counseling.

This was December 2014.

"I gave a printout of a google map printout of the village showing main road leading to the village."

I did that too. I was proactive and provided satellite photo, Google map, and GPS coordinates. It was flatly refused.

The wife had to draw a map on a plain piece of A4 paper with a pen in order to satisfy their requirements.

It seems like each regional office is its own chiefdom, not unlike how the different consulates and embassies interpret the rules as they see fit.