Chiang Rai Alternative Cable Anyone?

ykatz0

Hi,

Is there a viable alternative cable company to TrueVisions available in Chiang Rai or not? I have seen a lot of posts about Dreambox / OpenBox but when I hit a few websites they look like vendors of these products and mostly in Bangkok. Does anyone know or have a phone number or address (store name/location) for any of these? Thank you in advance!

~y

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Android box for sale BhatSold,brand new,only Bht2,500 ,has

loads of apps to watch 1000s movies,News,sports,etc etc,just plug it into

your HDMI on flat tv and away you go, you can also add ilkieHD app,which

is 500 bht pm and has all channels from CTH,TRUE, ,and tons more like SKY

if you are from UK,

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have an Android box for sale BhatSold,brand new,only Bht2,500 ,has

loads of apps to watch 1000s movies,News,sports,etc etc,just plug it into

your HDMI on flat tv and away you go, you can also add ilkieHD app,which

is 500 bht pm and has all channels from CTH,TRUE, ,and tons more like SKY

if you are from UK,

regards Worgeordie

@ worgeordie thanks for the info. I cancelled True around 3 months back and haven't missed it since. Also my gf was using my iPad to watch stuff (Thai channels in HDMI mostly) so I bought her an HDMI interface/cable and we watch "stuff" together sometimes. I have replaced all that repetitive, boring True content with some old fashion music studies for now. And yes we received the refund check for the "insurance" already! As for the Android box and apps, I guess any Android device with an HDMI interface would do, so if I ever have the time and think I need that will get around to it, at this time I barely have enough to listen to my self recommended list, I guess I listen to too many different artists and genres!

Are you talking about Cable TV, Satellite TV, or Internet delivered IPTV?

If you are only interested in the programming lineup from True Visions, or do you have a list that you're interested in receiving?

At this point I am curious about the general economics of the situation with True having what seems like a monopoly and understand how free thining most Thais pride themselves to be just wondering what the options are, though it might only apply to programs in the Thai language which I understand are mostly free to anyone with an Internet connection (if you want HD) or a small TV antennae (if you don't need HD).