Thai-American pays off parents’ mortgage by telling jokes on YouTube (VIDEO)

webfact

I posted this a few hours ago. Got zero responses. People don't like nice threads. They want nasty, bitchy threads that they can get all worked up!

Oh, Benj, don't sulk.

Still new on TVF, you will learn eventually as I did.

By the way, could that be the TVF member, AnotherOneAmerican?

We'll never know.

Very nice of the son to do this for his parents, but In my opinion it kind of cheapens the gesture by posting the video on YouTube. 

He probably did it for the exposure
Plus, everything is uploaded to You Tube these days.

Anyone watch the fire challenges? Kids put themselves on fire.

I posted this a few hours ago. Got zero responses. People don't like nice threads. They want nasty, bitchy threads that they can get all worked up!

Oh, Benj, don't sulk.

Still new on TVF, you will learn eventually as I did.

By the way, could that be the TVF member, AnotherOneAmerican?

We'll never know.

No way!  That guy (or female?) is so full of hate that I can't imagine him doing anything for anybody.

• Like 1

Well, with this comment of yours, you just managed to introduce a little bit of bitchy-nastiness, so that should get the posters started thumbsup.gif

Seriously, it's a great story, and yes people tend to post all and everything on YouTube nowadays, which in some cases questions the depth of their sincerity. Folks who raise money for NGOs are very aware of the fact that there is a generous streak in (almost) every human being which can be triggered a hundred times more easily with a little bit of ego-teasing on the side.

Bah ! We're humans, not angels, and the positive result is what really counts, in most cases.

Edited by Yann55

I think it's a great feel-good story.  A son's love for his parents, displayed with more than just words but deeds.  Very cool.  I don't know the guy (comedian?) but he seems a tad rough.  Which goes to show that you can't tell a book from the cover.  Thanks for sharing OP.