Freedom Routers for Thailand – Wireless VPN Networking Solution

FreedomRouters

Freedom Routers are setup with your favorite VPN service to provide an always on, always secure connection for ALL your native WiFi devices -- home or office!
At Freedom Routers, our goal is to make the Internet a more fun and secure place for everyone living in Thailand. We want to bring the best of Internet services, safety and security into your multi-device home or office easily and affordably.
We install enhanced firmware on premium wireless router models to maximize stability, speed and security (while removing the quirks and vulnerabilities found in most manufacturers standard firmware), and custom configure the router to work with a VPN service from a choice of major providers.
There are many benefits to using a Freedom VPN Router over installing a client-side VPN app on each and every local device alone...

Freedom-Routers-Connect-All-Your-Devices

Security, Convenience, & Ease of Use
Firstly, using a Freedom Router delivers convenient and affordable wireless network security for your home or office network. To have a truly secure wireless network, you would need to install a VPN client on each of your devices. Then each time you use that device you would need to start the VPN client and wait to connect. The problem with that is your devices linger outside your secure VPN network when the client is not on, leaving you vulnerable. With a Freedom VPN Router, all of your devices are always connected to the VPN service you choose. No installation, no waiting, no failed connections, no chance of forgetting to turn on your VPN You, your family, your office are always secure.

Entertainment, Compatibility & Multi-Use
Secondly, many devices are unable to install a VPN client (like Apple TV, Roku, game systems, Smart TVs, security cameras, etc.) but are able to connect to WiFi. With a Freedom VPN Router, you can easily connect devices to VPN that otherwise cannot install a VPN client. You are then able to unlock content that would otherwise be unavailable to you -- expanding your entertainment possibilities.
The difference between using a Smart TV in Thailand vs a Smart TV with USA or UK location, for example, are HUGE you simply get access to much, much more content from countries outside Thailand.  Although streaming quality will vary inside Thailand, we have determined that a minimum 12Mbsp Internet connection paired with a major VPN provider (eg., Vypr, Strong, Pure) delivers very reliable results. Please contact us directly to learn more.

Freedom-Routers-Wireless-VPN-Network.png

Stress Free Solution!
Our Freedom Routers come ready to use, right out of the box, freeing you from the time and stress of setup, configurations and the possibility of accidental bricking. Although the manufacturers warranty is no longer honored upon manufacturer firmware replacement, we provide a 30-day Firmware Stability Warranty for your convenience and peace of mind.
Were looking forward to serving you!

www.freedomrouters.com

This is actually a great business idea.  This kind of product would be ideal for people who don't have the technical knowhow or ability to change the DNS settings on their router.  This enables any device that is connected to your wifi to take advantage of the VPN.  It's required for a device like Roku which doesn't allow a person to make changes to the actual device, which is very much different than a tablet or something.  Out of the box, these guys just enabled a plug-and-play option for bypassing geo-restrictions imposed by websites, etc.  Netflix just became a whole lot easier for people to watch from countries that aren't able to view it due to their geographical location.  I bet they make a small fortune with this business.

I am not affiliated with it.  I can work my way around a computer.  I taught myself about DNS settings and how to change them myself on my router.  I taught myself to make the required changes to my computer setup.  I do recall it being a major PITA.  I don't want to repeat the process.  This is an option that would mean I don't need to do it again if my router fries on me! 

I also wonder about the cost, etc.  Do you get to choose your own VPN?  I don't have time to look at the website now, but I am bookmarking it for the future.  I need to check this out! 

@elgordo38, The Asus RT-N66U starts at THB 6890. You may receive a discount code from our website when you Like Us on Facebook. Click the Discount button on the right side of our homepage.

@smileplur, Thank you for your comments! smile.png  We support Vypr, Strong, Express and Pure VPN -- major providers which all perform very well inside Thailand. We will be adding others as we further test and verify their performance. In the interim, customers are welcome to contact us directly if they have a different preference. In most cases, we can accommodate other VPNs.

@dddave,

Outside of buying the hardware, if you want VPN service to use on your router then you would need to purchase a VPN subscription with a VPN provider. Prices vary a bit, but generally around USD $5 - $10 per month. More details can be found on our website's How it Works page. And if you have any questions, feel free to contact us directly. We'll be happy to help.

Are there any downsides to changing your geolocation.? Say your running an online business and your reliant on various Thai based networks. .?
Foe example,
These days facebook has it's own line into Thailand, right? This configuration would make facebook think your elsewhere and all your location based adds etc would change? Same for Google adds etc etc?

Some web site don't allow VPN, can I easily turn off the VPN when I want to contact these services ?

Then I went to the site of the VPN you recommend, Vypr, http://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/buy-vpn

There are different prices according to the number of connection. With your freedom router do I pay for one connection whatever the number of computer / phone / tablet ... that are connected to the router or do I have to subscribe for one connection for each computer in my home ?

Are there any downsides to changing your geolocation.? Say your running an online business and your reliant on various Thai based networks. .?
Foe example,
These days facebook has it's own line into Thailand, right? This configuration would make facebook think your elsewhere and all your location based adds etc would change? Same for Google adds etc etc?

@SoloFlyer, Your understanding is correct and could be an upside or downside depending upon perspective or needs. Having a "home country experience", for example, may be preferable for many. Note that you can easily change between your Freedom Router and existing router by connecting to the respective WiFi spot.

Some web site don't allow VPN, can I easily turn off the VPN when I want to contact these services ?

Then I went to the site of the VPN you recommend, Vypr, http://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/buy-vpn

There are different prices according to the number of connection. With your freedom router do I pay for one connection whatever the number of computer / phone / tablet ... that are connected to the router or do I have to subscribe for one connection for each computer in my home ?

@JohnnyJazz,

Thanks for shining a light on this important benefit of using a Freedom Router... Many devices can connect to a single VPN account on your Freedom Router thereby saving you money of purchasing separate accounts or licenses for each device. We strongly suggest the Vypr Pro account in most cases. If you want to contact us directly, we can help you determine the best service and package for your particular needs.

As for turning off the VPN, yes it is quite simple. From our website's How it Works page:

• Can I switch between my existing router and my Freedom Router?

Absolutely! Your existing router will remain functional, but without being connected to VPN. So… if you want to connect to VPN, connect to your Freedom Router. If you don’t want to connect to VPN, connect to your existing router.

• 3 years later...