Minivan to Ladkrabang

stephenwithaph

Hi guys,

This is a long shot but im wondering if anyone knows of minivans going from the Pattaya area to Ladkrabang Industrial Estate or thereabouts ?

I have new job there and trying to stay in pattaya and commute.

At the moment a bus to BKK and then a taxi is looking the best.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T211 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Could have sworn I had replied to this, never mind.

Your best bet is bus to the airport then a taxi to LK.

Agree , Latkrabang industrial estate is only maybe 20 mins or so from the airport .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for the replies. Its looking like airport and taxi which is ok. Will see how that works for a couple of weeks.

Happy to help ,

I guess you allready have been there.?

Many years ago ( around 11 ) I used to do buisiness with a factory based in their.

Jees its more like a town than an industrial estate , its bloody massive!!

Good luck with the new job :-)

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Its looking like airport and taxi which is ok. Will see how that works for a couple of weeks.

Happy to help ,

Many years ago ( around 11 ) I used to do buisiness with a factory based in their.

Thanks

Havent been to the factory yet.

Will do a test run from Pattaya on Monday. If too long then ill get an apartment in Chonburi.

Happy to help ,

Thanks

Will do a test run from Pattaya on Monday. If too long then ill get an apartment in Chonburi.

Sukhumvit Road is only 40 / 50 minutes away if it helps

Happy to help ,

Thanks

Sukhumvit Road is only 40 / 50 minutes away if it helps

Thanks, I have looked at possibly getting off at Home Pro Bangna and then getting a taxi but i think it would be a bit more time and money. To be honest the best route ive seen is the Mo Chit bus which goes along motorway 7 but i doubt they will let me hop off near the industrial estate.

^^^^^,

LK is a Ket or district in Bkk, sud-divided into kwaeng (sub districts).

LK has about 5 or 6 sub districts, HP Bang Na may be now where near where you want to go.

If I were you I would ask for a company rep to meet me at Swampy and take me to the factory.

As mentioned before, this is a bloody big area (dont know if you have ever driven Bang Na - Trat highway?) it goes on for miles.

The Soviet/Thai style workers accomodation on both sides of the highway gives an indication of just how massive this complex is.

As for commuting daily, may well cost at least 600 baht per day and at least 4 hours per day commuting, if you can do that you are a better man than me.

Most Thais working there are housed in company provided accomodation, or live nearby.

Google maps is your friend, have a look.

I would get the company to send me the exact address written in Thai, be aware, most taxi drivers at Swampy may either not want to take you there, or dont know where the factory is located.

As another poster mentioned, its bloody massive.

^^^^^,

LK is a Ket or district in Bkk, sud-divided into kwaeng (sub districts).

LK has about 5 or 6 sub districts, HP Bang Na may be now where near where you want to go.

If I were you I would ask for a company rep to meet me at Swampy and take me to the factory.

As mentioned before, this is a bloody big area (dont know if you have ever driven Bang Na - Trat highway?) it goes on for miles.

The Soviet/Thai style workers accomodation on both sides of the highway gives an indication of just how massive this complex is.

As for commuting daily, may well cost at least 600 baht per day and at least 4 hours per day commuting, if you can do that you are a better man than me.

Most Thais working there are housed in company provided accomodation, or live nearby.

Google maps is your friend, have a look.

I would get the company to send me the exact address written in Thai, be aware, most taxi drivers at Swampy may either not want to take you there, or dont know where the factory is located.

As another poster mentioned, its bloody massive.

Thanks

Money isnt the most important thing. I would rather pay more and live in Pattaya. The most important thing is the time. If i can do it each way for around 2 hours then ok. I dont think it will take 4 hours unless the estate is extremely difficult to get around. Even Pattaya to the airport is only 1 hour 40 minutes. Surely airport to estate cant be more than 20 - 30 minutes.

As for taxis, im sure everyday i can get at least 1 person who can read a map in Thai.

Anyway ill try it for a week and see.

Thanks

Edited by stephenwithaph

Perhaps it is not viable, but I wondered about bus to Swampy, followed by airport link train to LK, and then local taxi or songthaw. This would get around any resistance from taxi drivers at Swampy and is cheap.

Yes that could be another option. I will probably try all of these in the first 2 weeks.

Saying all this I actually went onto a few websites yesterday and there seems to be loads of cheap apartments in the area. 3000 - 7000 for ok apartments. Could do 50/50 between there and Pattaya.

Thanks

Edited by stephenwithaph

There's a mini-van service running from Pattaya Sophon Market (3rd road) to Minburi - Ramkanghaeng area, I guess they pass Lad Krabang. 

Their office or "station" is just 20 meters off the junction 3rd road, Soi 17......don't miss it...it's a small place. 

O/w is THB 134

Perhaps it is not viable, but I wondered about bus to Swampy, followed by airport link train to LK, and then local taxi or songthaw. This would get around any resistance from taxi drivers at Swampy and is cheap.

Yes that could be another option. I will probably try all of these in the first 2 weeks.

Saying all this I actually went onto a few websites yesterday and there seems to be loads of cheap apartments in the area. 3000 - 7000 for ok apartments. Could do 50/50 between there and Pattaya.

Thanks

For about 5,000 per month you will be able to get yourself hooked up with basic Thai style accomodation.

Many Thais will rent a cheap condo near to where they are working rather than battle the traffic on a daily basis.

Head up from Pattaya on a Monday morning, live in the condo and head to Pattaya on a Friday evening.

The savings made on daily transportation costs pay for the condo, and you aint wasting 4 hours a day on the road, much less stressful.