Can I put my True/UBC account on hold?

kokesaat

I always pay my True/UBC TV account a year at a time (pay for 12 months, get 1 month free).  I just paid my annual fee in July.  Now I've found out I need to return to the US, someone with cancer in the family, for an undetermined amount of time......maybe 3+ months.

Does anyone have experience with True/UBC giving credit for an unused account in cases like this?

I suspended my account last year when I visited Europe for a couple of months, all it took was a phone call to their call centre.

I do pay monthly though, I don't know it that makes a difference.

I also suspended my internet and my Bangkok Post.

Same comment as other posters here, I regularly suspend my True Account as I leave the Country on a regular basis but I pay monthly so don't know if it will be the same for you. The call centre are always very helpful when I contact them so it's worth giving them a call.

Not quite the same situation as yours. I cancelled mine for six months, otherwise I would have had to have it cut off altogether. They first told me I could cancel for 3 months max only....but when I said "No" not good enough and told them to take it out altogether, they asked me to wait while they called BKK. The lady in BKK said that seeing as I was a good customer they would allow me to have it cancelled for six months and I pay 150 Bt. a month for the privilege.... which was fine by me.

Thanks for all the replies.  I went to the local office today......the staff was very helpful.  They told me they can suspend the account for 3 months for 150 Baht per month.  If I want to extend the time another 3 months, I only have to call the 24hr customer support center.  When I return and ask for my service to be restarted, I simply pay the 150 baht fee for the number of months I suspended.  

I'm a gold package member....so 150 baht fee per month is a mere <10% of the regular monthly fee.

Very good news indeed!!!

Just the same as dotpoom and all the other contributors, it is possible to suspend your service with True Visions by phoning their Bangkok Office.

I have suspended my service for 3 years in succession between May to October when I return to the UK to spend time with my grown-up family

do some work, the usual annual renewals, enjoy the lovely summers here now and the long daylight hours. True charge 150 baht per month

to hold the service in abeyance.