anyone know about EMS world shipping ( one Box price ) special box sizes ?

Hi

the NaNa post office does not have these boxes , are there many sizes ?

I could not find a web page , but 20kg is only 1400 baht to USA , I think you would have to send metal blocks to get 20KG in the box ,

But it might be interesting for some people ,

surface mail for 20kg is 3200 baht

anyone use use it before ?

Edited by BKKdreaming
  • Like 1

whistling.gif Once but many years ago (1980 I think).

It goes by surface mail so it takes a LONG time to get to the U.S. from Thailand (think in months).

Used to be a post office on Sukhumvit near soi 36 that did that, but that post office long closed now.

Don't know where the GPO is now in Bangkok.

Do a google or Yahoo search, see if you find any info.

Back in the days of the "hippie trail" Bangkok used to be the place where you packed all the crap you didn't want to carry with you when you had to go home after trekking around South East Asia (long-long ago)

rolleyes.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I thought it was UPS or FedEx that used those kind of boxes,

and gave you special price, BUT not Bht 1200 for 20Kg,the

overseas postal charges are expensive here now,but still

cheap for inside Thailand..

regards Worgeordie

Most Post Offices in Bangkok have shipping boxes available in various sizes, cost from Baht 9 to Baht 36 if I recall correctly.

I am surprised Nana does not have them however!

Patrick

Nana does have boxes , but this is a special marked box "EMS World shipping" I assume.

the "box" guy at Nana was the one who told me about it.....

to find the rate , go to the Thai Post website , rates , put in USA and 20000 grams and it shows you the prices, the last one has this EMS World shipping rate , but really no details

It would be nice to see what countries it can be shipped to as Belgium does not seem to be one,

Also if there are many fixed rate boxes sizes like the USA has.

The Fed Ex, UPS boxes are much more expensive , about 7000 Baht for 25kg but it goes Air and arrives within a week ,

• Like 1

Most Post Offices in Bangkok have shipping boxes available in various sizes, cost from Baht 9 to Baht 36 if I recall correctly.

I am surprised Nana does not have them however!

Patrick

Nana does have boxes , but this is a special marked box "EMS World shipping" I assume.

the "box" guy at Nana was the one who told me about it.....

to find the rate , go to the Thai Post website , rates , put in USA and 20000 grams and it shows you the prices, the last one has this EMS World shipping rate , but really no details

It would be nice to see what countries it can be shipped to as Belgium does not seem to be one,

Also if there are many fixed rate boxes sizes like the USA has.

The Fed Ex, UPS boxes are much more expensive , about 7000 Baht for 25kg but it goes Air and arrives within a week ,

It's exactly the same Box, you simply have to specify when you present the packed Box to the chap at the Desk that you want it Shipped via Registered Airmail or EMS and he will affix the necessary Sticker and associated Barcode ....... and charge you accordingly.

Patrick

EMS WORLD is a special flat rate of 1400 Baht you can use any standard thai post box up the size of D so you can use size A, B, C, D

they dont accept other boxes and size D is the max size.

This service is not available in every Thai post office but in the main branches only, I send it in the sam sen nai and prasan mit post offices, it s not available in small post offices or franchises and some employees are not even aware of it.

It s available in prasan mit office but not sure about NANA

Edited by marcofunny

I've used it previously and sent a box which arrived in the UK 5 days after posting. 1400 Baht tracked and signature required, i was told at the PO that i could only use size D, but this could have been lost in translation.

No experience with other countries, but Belgium is on the list of countries where you can send to.

if anyone can read Thai . it would be nice to find the "hidden" webpage about the EMS shipping box rates , sizes and countries it ships to,

also "small packet" and SAL pages would also be interesting ,

there are ways to ship packages for less , they are just not easy to find and the postal clerks often do not know about them....

• 4 months later...

EMS WORLD is a special flat rate of 1400 Baht you can use any standard thai post box up the size of D so you can use size A, B, C, D

they dont accept other boxes and size D is the max size.

This service is not available in every Thai post office but in the main branches only, I send it in the sam sen nai and prasan mit post offices, it s not available in small post offices or franchises and some employees are not even aware of it.

It s available in prasan mit office but not sure about NANA

Biggest is size D ?

I need to send a parcel 30 x 45 cm . I was hoping I could use EMS one box. Now what should I look for? And how much ?