To get my name on newborns birth certificate do we have to complete amphur marriage

advancebooking

Hi there

My wife is impregnated with my (our) baby. We've had a village marriage with 170 guests. Thus far we have not executed a formal marriage registration at the Amphur office. 

If we dont do this prior to our babies birth, can my name still be put on the birth certificate? 

Also, I read on another thread that ''The child should be registered in the household registration book, naming him as the father.'' Can this happen without having completed the formal amphur marriage registration?

thanks

Yes can be done and should not be an issue as long as your wife agrees.

I am not married either but our child has my last name, I am registered as the father on the birth certificate. The house registration does not mention you as the father but neither the mother. According to what I know it is only to register where the person is living. I might be wrong about this. 

Per above, the person registering you can name you as the father on the birth certificate.

As registration is in Thai, it is wise to prepare a translation of your name. If you have a WP you should copy your name from that.

Birth registration has no bearing on you beeing the father or not, it does not make you the legal father of the child. For that you need to go to court or marry the mother: see http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/