Ext of stay in thailand based on my name on babies birth certificate- without formal marriage

Having read the following url:  http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/748481-to-get-my-name-on-newborns-birth-certificate-do-we-have-to-complete-amphur-marriage/

it seems that it is not necessary for me to proceed with a formal marriage registration at the amphur office in order to get my name on my childs birth certificate. As long as she agrees to put my name on the certificate at the time of birth then it can be done without executing formal marriage registration. 

I currently have a WP. Next year if I dont work can I get an extension of stay in thailand based on my name being on my childs birth certificate? 

Im sure you might feel the need to comment on the fact that it would be easier to do the legal marriage at the amphur and get the normal visa that way. However, my question is more about a situation where I want to get an ext based solely on my name being on my childs birth certificate. What is involved and how hard is it?

many thanks

Your name on the birth certificate does not mean that you are the legal father.  In order to get an extension to stay for being the parent you must go through a legalization process.  You can get a single entry Non-O with the birth certificate but not a 1 year extension.  If you could it would just be another scam looking for a place to happen!

Im going to Vientienne tomorrow to get a 3 month non o. I have my 2 sons birth certs but the eldest is on a friends tam bian baan and the youngest isnt registered anywhere.

Will i be ok with just the certs and my gf's id card copy?

OP, you might be able to even apply for a None-Imm-O (multiply entry).

I just recently did in in Germany.

I showed the original birth certificate from my son, a photocopy of the birth certificate, the id card and the blue book (Tabian Baan) of her mother.

They additionally requested an airline ticket (paid), a letter from the company I am working for in Singapore and as well a bank statement.

I asked for a single entry but they advised me to take multiply entries. After 4 working days I picked it up at 8.45am.

Im going to Vientienne tomorrow to get a 3 month non o. I have my 2 sons birth certs but the eldest is on a friends tam bian baan and the youngest isnt registered anywhere.

Will i be ok with just the certs and my gf's id card copy?

You will need the house book for the children. It does not matter whose house book they are in.

If your child was born here they are on a house book somewhere that is required to get the birth certificate.

I showed the original birth certificate from my son, a photocopy of the birth certificate, the id card and the blue book (Tabian Baan) of her mother.

They additionally requested an airline ticket (paid), a letter from the company I am working for in Singapore and as well a bank statement.

I asked for a single entry but they advised me to take multiply entries. After 4 working days I picked it up at 8.45am.

That is in Germany. But not at any place nearby to here that do multiple entry non-o visas.

• Like 1

That is in Germany. But not at any place nearby to here that do multiple entry non-o visas.

Correct Ubonjoe - that's why I went to Europe.

Your name on the birth certificate does not mean that you are the legal father.  In order to get an extension to stay for being the parent you must go through a legalization process.  You can get a single entry Non-O with the birth certificate but not a 1 year extension.  If you could it would just be another scam looking for a place to happen!

Actually, you can get a one year, multi entry non-O.

Sorry to ask, are you the citizen of Germany ?

It seems nice, I'm French and they don't make it, I am guess

Where in Germany?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand