Vuze is giving me a headache

longball53098

I have been using Vuze for at least 2 years now. It has worked very well for me until about 5 days ago. I did nothing that I know of as far as changing anything but now any torrent I try to download will not start. They all just sit there in the download section in Queue. This issues seems to be related to the NAT showing RED and saying Firewalled as I used to have a Green there and OK

The only way I can get torrents to DL is using the Force Start option.

As an attempt to see if I have an issue with Vuze I downloaded Utorrent and installed it. The Setup guide tests confirm my network is good with green checks for open ports and any blocking. When I try loading a torrent it does the same thing and all trackers say connection timeout. Even trying to Force Start it and nothing. I gave up on this and removed it.

Going back to Vuze now. Only way I can download for the moment is by Force Starts

I also have have played around with the port forwarding yesterday to try to resolve what Vuze reports as an issue but nothing helps. I have gone back to uPnp setup and setting one port for my connection.

As I say force starts is working but this is not a resolution

Anyone out there have any clues or good ideas?

What service are you using? On True for the las year or so, torrents are very erratic. Sometimes it blazes, then it just cuts off. It is not consistent. I almost feel like there is somebody watching download speeds from various ITS and throttling them at their own whim. I know that sounds kind of crazy, but downloading is so inconsistent that it seems like human interference.

Sorry forgot to say on Win 7 pc 64 bit. ToT IP,,,,,,,,,,as far as I know they do not block any traffic related to torrents. As I said this has worked for 2 years or so up until about 5 days ago and in most cases I can download multiple torrents quite quickly.

Windows firewall is open to Vuze and upnp disabled on Vuze and router. PC has static address with MAC address binding set.

Chicog, I am not that familiar with Utorrent and only loaded to see what happens. No more than half an hour or so to try it.

Something in my system has changed and I don't know what. Next step will be to reset my modem/router and then remove all traces of Vuze and re-install.

I have found with Windows 7/8 if there are any half installed updates then the system does strange things. So if not already done do a restart as step 1. Maybe there is an update for Vuze as well?

I use Deluge and pretty reliable with True Docsis. Just tried a download and bouncing all over the place speed wise, from 0.5 to 1.3 MIB/s.

Cheers

The latest go round today is it seems I may have corrupted my settings in Vuze as I did a reset of the settings early this morning and now things seem pretty normal although I still have a big red NAT error saying I am not reachable and no green smilies only blue

I still am not sure if I changed something or if Vuze changed on its own.

Side note I installed Utorrent and Bit Torrent yesterday for a go and I could not get either one to start a torrent load. Not sure what that's all about as it is pretty fool proof. Vuze is much more finicky to get it running .

But for now i am happy to have my downloads working again

Also a question about share ratio? Since I have been doing this for a couple years I have never got a ratio above 0.400. How about you all? They say 0.500 or higher is good but I think with TOT slow uploads I will never achieve that.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I will update this topic and say my Vuze is working again more or less. Downloads seem to be pretty good but I think my system still has a problem because my status for the NAT is still red and never green. I keep reading that this is a cause for slower downloads and port forwarding should fix this.

I have looked and read many sites related to port forwarding. Followed all the info but nothing I do will allow a port checker tool to get a positive test. Everything fails all the time. Nothing I do will allow a positive test.

Opening ports in Windows firewall, setting up port forwarding, turning off the Win 7 firewall, making all sorts of changes in my modem, updating modem firmware no help.

I use a Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H ADSL wireless modem router. I am on TOT ADSL 7 MB line. Average speed tests to Bangkok servers are usually in the 4 to 5 MB range down and 375 to 410 up. I am beginning to think that even with port forwarding set up that the modem firewall is still blocking ports. I do not have the expertise or experience and I see no way to "disable" the modem firewall. The only way I could verify if his is an issue would be to try another modem. No have so no test like this. This modem works quite well and I have no other known issues

I will ask if anyone that uses Vuze on TOT adsl, no other adsl service in my area ,do you have Green Smilies? And Nat? Do you use port forwarding? How is your modem set up?

Any info is helpful.

For those that swear by Utorrent good for you but I use Vuze and I like it. I just need to get over this hurdle