Coving

sometime

HI

I am thinking of putting coving in the rooms of the house, this is to cover the poor joining between ceiling and walls.

I have seen the plastic and wooden coving, but what I am really looking for is polystyrene coving, has anyone seen this product on their visits to the DIY stores around Pattaya?

I know it must be available somewhere because it was in the condo I used to have in Pattaya.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I think you mean cove cornice, should be available anywhere you buy your plasterboard, it is plaster formed, easy to fit, just glued with cornice adhesive and a few nails to hold it while it sets and it does fairly quickley.

I think you mean cove cornice, should be available anywhere you buy your plasterboard, it is plaster formed, easy to fit, just glued with cornice adhesive and a few nails to hold it while it sets and it does fairly quickley.

No, I was looking for polystyrene, as post, I am going to have to go for polyurethane.

No, I was looking for polystyrene, as post, I am going to have to go for polyurethane.

In Australia its an external mould, don't know why you would want use that, I'm in the building industry, plaster cornice are a lot more easier to put up and properly cheaper with way more styles and sizes, they do use them in Thailand.

For clarity, coving and cornice and different.

Coving is concaved normally plain and made from gyproc or polystyrene.

Cornice is convexed,usually ornate with many sizes and designs and always more expensive.

Many are hand formed on site using comb templates, the dogs <deleted> as they say.

For me coving to finish off a ceiling is as mandatory as archies around a door frame.