To bring my Step Child to the UK, thinking of using An Agent?

Hello All

Me and my Wife would love to bring my step daughter ( my wives daughter ) to the UK on a Child Visitor Visa, thinking of doing 2 year visa as its the same price as a 1 year one. Thinking that when she is off on school holidays she could come here with us.

We would like this to happen in March 2015 as this is when their off school. So we can do the visa 3 months before so that's December, but we will need someone to do this for us in December as its all done online in Thailand. We cant get back to Thailand in December.

We are in Thailand October to get a passport sorted out for her. I was believing that she has to have a passport valid for 6 months before any visa entry.

So as we can't do her visa for her in December time, this is why we are thinking of getting an Agent based in Bangkok to do it for us.

I know its only paper.work..... I have done my wives Holiday Visa, then Spouse Visa, and then finally her ILR Visa.  

But this is about time, we can't get back to Thailand in December, and even if we did, the cost of the air fights would outway the cost of an agent.

Please could I have your views on this, and if your an agent please give me your view as too

Thanking you All... as always my right hand guys.

Alan Day

It's not straightforward to bring a child to the UK further down the line, amongst the questions that will be asked is why the child didn't go to the UK when their mother initially moved there?

Also a two year visit visa is unlikely to granted in the first instance, ECO's like to see a pattern of successful visits before issuing a longer term visa. I'm not saying that a two year visa wouldn't be issued, if you can convince the ECO that a longer term visa would be in the best interests of the child, then an application might be successful.

I don't normally suggest people use an agent, but in this case it might be better to do so, you will need one who can explain the pitfalls and build up a strong case. There are many so called agents out there but the only one I would recommend is Thai Visa Express, I do so not because they sponsor this forum but because they are very experienced and have a good track record. You can contact then via the link on the right of this forum. They are based in Pattaya but that should cause no problems, so maybe contact them, listen to what they have to say and take it from there.