Low-paid Thai govt workers may get salary boost

webfact

The minimum wage thing is a tough one. We would like it to be enough to live on but it seems that it's either greed by the owners, who want huge profit, the lack of profit to come from the enterprise or lack of value by the staff that keeps most on minimum wage. I've heard of people getting a few thousand Baht extra just for being at work on time over the course of the month and more for not taking a day off.

It's a choice by the workers and employers. Obviously, enough people are excepting the low wages to keep the businesses going. If people didn't accept them the employers would have to raise their offer!? I think it's why Thailand is a country with lots of small businesses. Thai people are very accepting, generally, of things that if pressed they would say they don't like. They generally don't make a fuss about most things, so that probably has a lot to do with what is going on too.

I read that wages for most work (not professions) are stagnate or don't keep up with inflation in western countries so I would assume it's the same in Thailand.

The minimum wage should be there to protect people, not to act as a target for companies. How many imported labour in Thailand ? 2mn?

Did anyone ever wonder if this has maybe benefited companies by keeping the supply of minimum wage labour very large.

I just find it impossible to comprehend how people survive on 9'000 baht a month- rent,  food,bills, school costs if they have children- Wonder how long 9'000 baht would last the average TVF poster? 

Condo 1200 Baht per month: 2 people=600 Baht per month

One meal 30 Baht x 2= 60 Baht per day x 30=1800

One meal self cooked 20 bahtx30 is 600 Baht

Total 3000 Baht

Have left 6000 Baht for transport beer and cigarettes.

I guess you must walk around naked and live in the dark as clearly you don't buy clothes nor pay bills - which is odd as your computer which you use  to post here requires electricity - , neither can do you have children, eat fruit, or buy anything. And god forbid you become sick or have to send any money to relatives upcountry. 

Rent already includes water & electricity.

Old clothing from donation.