unclogging toilet with closet augur

steveolevi

Toilet wont flush so I used a snake (closet augur) inserted about 2 -3 m. I wiggled it around, pushed it in and out and couldn't fell any obstructions.With the snake still in the line the toilet flushes now. All the water goes out and then gurgle, gurgle. When I remove the snake and try to flush the flush begins but never completes - the water tries to go out but doesn't empty out completely. Any help?

If you have a septic tank it could be so full that its pushing the gunge back up the toilet outlet pipe.

Or if your septic tank is made of concrete rings, tree roots could have pushed their way through and made a mat of fine roots.

Just a thought.

I have the same problem to my toilet before what I did is empty the septic and tell them to suck from the toilet bowl also interesting how did to mind it solve the problem then found out its soap bar stuck in the pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Service truck came out and did exactly what you had done (empty the septic and tell them to suck from the toilet bowl ). They knew right off what the problem was - a child's plastic toy was stuck in the toilet preventing flushing. It cost me 1000 baht for fixing the problem and emptying the septic tank. I am not complaining about the cost I reckon that I got two problems solved in one shot.

• Like 2