Question on TM 28

Upon arrival in Thailand I will be staying in BKK for 3 days and will put my hotel on my arrival card. Then I will travel by fare van to Pang Sila Thong, staying with my GF's family. She will take the TM 30 to the local police station as the nearest immigration is at Nakhon Sawan (Nakhon Sawan services Pang Sila Thong District). As to the TM 28, it says I need to report to the local police within 24 hours. Will do. But where do I turn in the TM 28? With the closest immigration being over 1 hour away and my GF not having a vehicle. Can form be mailed and if so, to what address?

I know the TM 28 might not be enforced sometimes, some places, but I am trying to be legal to avoid possible problems.

Thanks guys..I had read a posting that said the TM28 HAD to be turned into immigration. The TM30 states on it that it can be turned in to local police if no immigration is close but the TM28 did not state that, just that you had to report to local police ( as in..Hey, I'm here!) and I could find nothing on searches that said one way or another.

Thanks guys..I had read a posting that said the TM28 HAD to be turned into immigration. The TM30 states on it that it can be turned in to local police if no immigration is close but the TM28 did not state that, just that you had to report to local police ( as in..Hey, I'm here!) and I could find nothing on searches that said one way or another.

i read that post too but it had no back up and I havent found any. so i'm givin it to the guy i'm supposed to check in with

If both the host of the house the foreigner is staying at and the foreign guest both need to separately report to immigration/police, then why if I check in to a hotel do I as a guest not need to report myself similarly? Or, do I?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If both the host of the house the foreigner is staying at and the foreign guest both need to separately report to immigration/police, then why if I check in to a hotel do I as a guest not need to report myself similarly? Or, do I?

dont know. perhaps by the letter of the law you do but no one would ever expect every hotel guest to go to the police station.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

For myself personally when I check into a hotel, I have no intention of filling in a TM28. Have never had to do this before and can't see the point of it (for a hotel stay). The hotel will report your presence as a matter of course online or submitted to the police by hand.

If every person staying at hotels were meant to fill in this form, immigration would be swamped with information to input, basically duplicating the information on the hotel's TM30 or equivalent.

I am just looking at it from the standpoint of reporting a change of where I am staying...and where to turn in the TM28. When I arrive in BKK I will let my hotel do the reporting. As I have always stayed at the same hotel, I assume they are doing this. Actually I had never known about the TM28 and TM30 until I started reading the forum and checking on the changes that are happening with immigration and planning a trip to my GF's home.