Royal Project Shop

Konini

I've searched the forum and googled, but am totally confused as I'm getting different references.

Could someone please give a link to google maps showing the location of the Royal Project Shops around Chiang Mai.

Thanks in advance.

that's the best one. the one on Huay Kaew up by the zoo never has much of anything in stock. i don't see how they stay open. going there is a waste of time.

tip: go early in the day. they seem to sell out most of the popular items by early afternoon and not do any re-stocking until the following day for some reason. if you go late in the day, only odds and ends are left.

Thank you very much for that.  I've been having a real problem getting fresh parsley.  The last 2 times at Makro, the last time at Tesco and last week at Rimping, same reply when I asked because I couldn't find any, 'No have'.  I know I can get it at Tops but very small punnet, maybe a third or quarter of a bunch which isn't enough (and quite expensive).  At Muang Mai market, in what I call the salad section, I found a stall-holder who knew what I meant - he called it Italian but didn't have it, shouted out to several other stalls but we only got shrugs or shaking heads.  Thought about growing some, but my fingers are very much not green, I've always killed everything I try to grow.

If anyone can tell me where I can definitely always get it I would very much appreciate it.  

just go score some weed from a tuk-tuk driver; it will likely be parsely.  But as far as RPS....the one I showed has the fresh vegetable stalls on Wednesday and Saturday mornings....(please correct me if I'm wrong....but it's a couple of times per week.  Otherwise, the store itself has limited, but there are 1 or 2 produce stands out front that are usually open during the day...selection varies..Bananas seem to get cheaper as you walk up the hill.  I buy them from a table in front of a dress shop near Soi 3.  I'm not sure if you were talking about the thai market, diagonally from CMU Steak...but I give it mixed reviews, also.  There are about three tables with a lot of salad stuff.

And isn't there another RPS near Mad Dog, on MM, and another one on lower Suthep?  I think they might be crafts only.

Surprisingly, the Royal Project shop at the CM Airport can have some good stuff sometimes. It's located in the domestic terminal check-in section on the ground floor. I've seen unusual Royal Project items like fresh trout, cherries and cranberries there. Tanin Market also has a Royal Project section, but I've never seen anything more exotic than western-style celery at Tanin Market. Edited by NancyL

Thank you very much for that.  I've been having a real problem getting fresh parsley.  The last 2 times at Makro, the last time at Tesco and last week at Rimping, same reply when I asked because I couldn't find any, 'No have'.  I know I can get it at Tops but very small punnet, maybe a third or quarter of a bunch which isn't enough (and quite expensive).  At Muang Mai market, in what I call the salad section, I found a stall-holder who knew what I meant - he called it Italian but didn't have it, shouted out to several other stalls but we only got shrugs or shaking heads.  Thought about growing some, but my fingers are very much not green, I've always killed everything I try to grow.

If anyone can tell me where I can definitely always get it I would very much appreciate it.  

I generally get mine at Makro bu tsometimes at Rim Ping.  Occasionally, parsley does disappear from the markets.  Don't know why.

That other place on SUthep and on MM, near Mad Dog, are Hilltribe Craft Shops, which I believe are different than RPS.  I stopped by RPS today, Macadamia nuts, dry roasted lightly salted; 200 gram=200 THB.  The organic sesame seeds looked good, and some real nice peppers, that looked like a cross between an Anaheim and a Serrano...20 thb per bag, about 10 peppers.

Sad to report that there was no flat leaf parsley at the shop today, but they did have curly parsley (which is all show and no taste). 

I prefer the Italian parsley too. The only place I have seen it is in Rimping, but not consistently. I tried stocking up, chopping it and freezing it which I used to do with good results when I lived in Europe. But here it turned purplish and was all soggy. I assume there is just too much humidity.