Official translation of marriage certificate

MZurf

Is there a place/government office in Pattaya where I can have this done or do I have to go to Bangkok? If that is the case can it be arranged through an agent or do I have to show up myself?

Scan it and send it to Fuji translations, they will send you a copy back via email and send the original translation to your house EMS mail. I have all of my translations done by then. This is the contact address, they will tell you the cost and you send the money to their account using an ATM. [email protected] Edited by geordie

I am assuming this is for a Thai Marriage Cert translated to English.

Lots of places can do this. I used a shop on Soi Post Office that did the translation, then for an additional fee they sent it to BKK to The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs (MFA) to be "certified".

Can't remember the shop name but there was more than one of these places on Soi Post Office alone. Often a shop will be a combined business i.e. travel agent, tour tickets, translations etc.

If you are simply wanting a translation, many shops can do it in many cities. But, be warned, it may not be approved at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok, and yes, they will send you packing. Know this as I have been there, done that.

As you coined the word "Official", I suspect you are looking for the version that is stamped, and certified by the M of FM..........

While this also can be done by agents, at least I have been told this, the certification must be done in Bangkok at the M of FM.

Know this all only as I have just "been there, done that" several weeks ago.

First had an Attorney's office do the translation in Hua Hin. Said no problem. Well, while I paid two k baht for the service, (two pages) after spending close to eight hours at the M of FM, it was rejected. They then of course have "onsite" translators willing to do the service for you. In my case, the error was truly valid, I myself could see that the dates were wrong on the translation after it was pointed out to me and they caught it.........

Bottom line, as with all things, one hell of a learning experience and I did manage to get out of there 10 minutes before they closed with a stamped and certified copy of my translation to marry document from the US embassy in one day. But my day started at 3 am and I got home at nine.   :))

Hope this helps and good luck with the marriage moving forward.........

Lots of places can do this. I used a shop on Soi Post Office that did the translation, then for an additional fee they sent it to BKK to The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs (MFA) to be "certified".

Can't remember the shop name but there was more than one of these places on Soi Post Office alone. Often a shop will be a combined business i.e. travel agent, tour tickets, translations etc.

I had mine done there:

Soi Post Office

Visa & Translation Service

183/14 Soi Post Office

Non Yisunsri

Great service! I had them translate both ways. I needed docs translated into Thai and then certified by the MFA, and then my Marriage certificate translated into English and MFA certified.

It's not cheap, but worth the convenience of not having to travel to Bangkok.

Edited by tropo

• 4 years later...
On 8/7/2014 at 1:33 AM, Smokin Joe said:

Hi

Can you remember how much they charged for the translation and MFA to certified, and how long it take