No Visa options for the ones who are young and have money?

The op claims to have money but he mentions he has 60000 thb per month. He isn't swimming in it by any means. He couldn't survive on that on many European countries which is why he chose Thailand because it's relatively cheap to live in.

The immigration rules have changeable and tightened up and he is like a spoilt little child having a temper tantrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

not sure what other countries have to do with it. If one has enough money to comfortably live here and not milk the system, what's the issue?

We're talking about Thailand and not other countries.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a visitor three or four times per year, each staying at most two weeks, I spend several times more than the OP per year. I do not frequent bars or the night life. I mainly spend the money doing tourist activities & shopping. The amount of money that I spend is still peanuts compared to few of my friends who are millionaires & billionaires. So OP...if you do not feel appreciated here, do not return. It is their country, their rules.

lol 2 months per year spending 1 million or more, yeahhhh right.....

not going bars, hookers...... just shopping, you must buy a lot of mango in tesco then.....

• Like 1

I find myself quite comfortable in this "unfair world", and don't mind paying "60 times" more for a product that you see as "the same thing" as your retirement visa.

It's a question of perspective and financial comfort.

If your option suits you, very good.
I am sure you don't mind if my and 2799 other members' option is equally suitable for our lifestyle.

As long as you are happy in Thailand, it is the most important !
You are happy, right? Good smile.png

I'm not 50 so obviously I'm not on retirement visa.

no actually I'm pissed off,I might get denied on my return to Thailand because some immigration officer might think I'm working in Thailand. If I get denied I'll just go somewhere else until I can come back on a tourist visa, no way I'm paying 50 times more for an inferior visa
If you're not 50 and not on a retirement visa... Why did you compare the Thailand Elite program with a retirement visa?

I am not 50 either by the way... But with my Thailand Elite PE visa I don't have your worries... and I don't have to stay away till an immigration officer allows me to enter. What a strange way of doing (and thinking) you have...

And "you're not paying 50 times more (it was 60 in your previous post) for an inferior visa"... Which visa are you talking about? Your tourist visa? Or a retirement visa again? I don't follow...

He is not paying 50-60 times more. Those who are 50+ also had to pay that much until they turned 50. It's not like they could stay in Thailand 12 months for a couple of thousend baht when they where younger.

As a visitor three or four times per year, each staying at most two weeks, I spend several times more than the OP per year. I do not frequent bars or the night life. I mainly spend the money doing tourist activities & shopping. The amount of money that I spend is still peanuts compared to few of my friends who are millionaires & billionaires. So OP...if you do not feel appreciated here, do not return. It is their country, their rules.

not going bars, hookers...... just shopping, you must buy a lot of mango in tesco then.....

Last year, I spent 300K baht on iphones. This does not include cameras & Android devices. Designer bag cost ar least 60K each. So, don't be quick to judge.

So much negativity in this this freaking place, if I didn't know any better I'd say there are two types of people here - sobber negative and alcoholics tongue.png

The OP has a valid point, lets be honest, people running Thaialnd have no clue in what they are doing... TH has been spoiled and please gon't give me BS about the tourism money being only a small % of the countries revenue because it is this % that makes things move forward.

I too would spend more time in TH but given the BS Visa regulations I spend more time in VN or Cambodia.  In VN you have no problem getting multiple entry 3 month visa and it can be extended over and over with no major issue.  Cost of living is much lower and while the place is not as 'sophysticated' as Thailand there are many other things that make it cool to live in.  The way I see it, screw em, if they don't want my money there are many other places that will be happy to accept it smile.png

The way I see it Thailand is heading for a major recession, anyone who doesn't think this is the case needs to stop drinking for couple of days and look around, won't be long before the shit hits the fan and the Thais will be scratching their heads trying to figure out what happened and why... 

I also can't wait for the overpriced tiny condo market to crash - probably the biggest joke in Thailand! Make tiny shitty units, overprice em and let people buy them and think that they are making a good investement tongue.png  LOL  Just like the OP mentioned the cost of most of the units has been blown out of proportion to the point where it even exceeds cost of units in the US which has a much higher average income and better rental opportunity with a much higher return.  In addition with the unstable government and 'legal' system of TH any realestate investement should be looked at as a high risk.

Thailand might have been one of the greatest places a while back, now unless your main activity consists of picking up bar girls it has less and less to offer...  With that said I still love the place - only hope that people on the top would finally started to care about the country and not their personal pockets.  With a bit of work, the place has huge potential that would benefit the expats and the locals.

• Like 1

I don't agree with everything the OP said but many parts ring true, especially the Thai language/Ed visa part, I mean really, why would a westerner truly want to do that, because it looks good on the CV, come on now! Best of good fortune to you regardless.

Yeah, learning languages is such a waste. I wish I was monolingual like most people on this forum.

The reference was solely to Thai language, a language that is almost entirely useless outside Thailand!

It is very useful back-home (wherever that is) for picking up young Thai girls working in their parents' Thai restaurant.

Op, may I suggest you move to Cambodia, you can always arrange for the people smugglers to smuggle you back in when you have the urge to visit your girlfriend. Laws are laws, consider yourself lucky to have enjoyed the few years of lax enforcement and conform to the new regulations or move on.

• Like 2

With that range of spend and the way things are going in LOS, it's still a meager existence.

THB 1MM annual spend is nothing to brag about and DEFINITELY no basis to say you're more worthy than someone else.

THB 10MM, ok, starting to get warmer.

Spend THB 1,000,000 a year? That's below the poverty line in most western nations.

but we're talking Thailand and not other countries remember?

Typical childish OP. Here are the facts. You cannot just " go and live somewhere for 4 years " . Try doing this in Australia, where I'm from. What makes you think you have a god given right to live where you please. Yes, I'm 60 so can have a retirement visa. That's not why i am sounding high and mighty. You sound like a typical spoilt brat. Go back home. It isn't USA because your grammar is poor. Oh, and all that money oh yours!! Give us a break. The expats that have actually worked all our lives spend a tad more. My annual outgoing here is about 2.1 million.
I'm sure Thailand will survive without you. Also can you post all the girlfriends cell numbers. Mind you cant see em heart broken missing your 8000bht outlay.

You should go back home.

Retirement visas will be next on the chopping block. You should be kicked out with the rest of the old sex pests.

Retired folk should have no advantages over any other. And you will be, middle class Thai people I know are sick of the reputation of their country, which is generated by old sexpats/sextourists. You will be expelled soon enough.

As for girlfriends cell numbers, that is the heart of why some old posters here are so happy to see younger people kicked out. They want their young competition gone so they can more easily exploit young women who have fewer options.

Complete BS.  If you're going to spend 10M a year who will you be helping?  For sure not those that really need the help but those who are already wealthy and doing very well...

With that range of spend and the way things are going in LOS, it's still a meager existence.

THB 1MM annual spend is nothing to brag about and DEFINITELY no basis to say you're more worthy than someone else.

Spend THB 1,000,000 a year? That's below the poverty line in most western nations.

Actually not! THB 1 mill. a year is about £18,500 a year, in pre tax terms that would equal a salary of about £22,000 which is only just under the average wage in the UK. But that THB 1 mill./£22k doesn't include mortgage costs hence it is significantly higher than the average UK salary.

Next!

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/mar/25/uk-incomes-how-salary-compare
A young person flipping burgers at McDonalds in my home country. Makes more than 1 million baht a year.

well good for them.  But it's hardly relevent to what this topic is about is it? 

• Like 1

Oh you "good Fal(r)ang" you made me laugh, a million a year+++, half of it I paid for a proper house and not to mention the the salary of a very good housekeeper, a fine gardener and the poolman. Plus good Farang food, nice restaurants and good wine, highly taxed in Thailand. You really should try to live elsewhere, but god sake become an adult and understand: every country has rules and these can be enforced any time.

Retirement visas will be next on the chopping block You know this because your sister-in-law's uncle is married to a cousin of the third in command at xyz district immigration's sub-office? (probably he meant retirement extensions but what-the-heck)

Complete BS.  If you're going to spend 10M a year who will you be helping?  For sure not those that really need the help but those who are already wealthy and doing very well...

You're right, even at 10 million you're not really helping very many people…

whistling.gif  Oh stop trying to bulls - - t us.

The only reason you are here is because of booze, cheap sex, and to avoid paying taxes on your income in your own country.

Your contribution to Thailand has been minimal, and your economic value to the real population of Thailand is almost none.

There are 60 million people or more in Thailand, and less than 1% of them gain any benefit from boozer-loser jokers like you.

And much of that "economic benefit" you crow about goes to criminal elements in Thailand and not the real Thai people.

Go home and shut up.

As the song says, "Cut your hair and get a real job".

• Like 2

Actually not! THB 1 mill. a year is about £18,500 a year, in pre tax terms that would equal a salary of about £22,000 which is only just under the average wage in the UK. But that THB 1 mill./£22k doesn't include mortgage costs hence it is significantly higher than the average UK salary.

Next!

A young person flipping burgers at McDonalds in my home country. Makes more than 1 million baht a year.

In my country too, but what's your point? Are we comparing the size of our wieners here?

The OPs reason for mentioning his 1 mill a year wiener size is obviously that he's got more than enough to stay in Thailand, and that it would be in Thailands best interest to have visa options for visitors like him. I don't think flipping burgers in your country is an option he's considering, but I'm sure he'll send you his resume if it is.

Edited by Sirbergan
  • Like 1

Kanata, you little lier you hahahahahah

• Like 1

Next!

well good for them.  But it's hardly relevent to what this topic is about is it? 

Quite the contrary, OP cites this as his annual spend… In a manner that says that he is worthy of some sort of special consideration because of this baroque/minimalistic lifestyle of his or hers.

Personally, I find the thought highly offensive.

• Like 1

Gee, sorry that some application of the rule of law is spoiling your life long vacation. If you spend so much money in Thailand like you claim, why don't you get a business visa which will allow you one year each time while you look for business investments etc.

Please stop talking nonsense these people are incredibly wealthy they don't need all the aggravation of filling out forms and getting letters from here there and everywhere.

Thailand should be welcoming them with a red carpet and a bottle of champagne at the airport.

About $800 for a Biz Visa you've got to be joking why should they pay that?

Everyone has to make some sort of arrangement...even if they do have a lot of money.

It seems that they have fallen into a routine over the years and now they are out of their comfort zone.

They should go out to immigration and ( make some Friends ) and tell them what they want to do and ask the immigration officers how they can arrange long stay immigration status.

The immigration officers are very accommodating and smile a lot ..especially if you give them your money for services rendered.

You're missing the point although you are speaking the truth.

These clowns don't want to start a biz or get married in Thailand. They just want a cheap cost of living so they can peddle their wares online. So they contribute their food and accommodation expenses but that's about it.

They believe the World owes them a living that's the whole point my friend.

Visa lawyers are two a penny will they speak to them - no.

I use a visa agent to arrange everything for me.

The cost may be more than many would want to pay...but hey...convenience usually does cost more....and I am not rich.

Also I find the immigration officials to be very friendly and helpful while many of them also have a side business arranging nearly any kind of immigration status that they can arrange for you...for a price...... with a Thai friendly smile....especially when you hand them the money...yuk yuk

That is why I often recommend that people go out to Cheangwattana and make some new friends...with benefits

Next!

In my country too, but what's your point? Are we comparing the size of our wieners here?

The OPs reason for mentioning his 1 mill a year wiener size is obviously that he's got more than enough to stay in Thailand, and that it would be in Thailands best interest to have visa options for visitors like him. I don't think flipping burgers in your country is an option he's considering, but I'm sure he'll send you his resume if it is.

Your comment is pointless - he is not a visitor - he wants to be a resident - a visitor implies a tourist. He is not one. 

• Like 1

Last year, I spent 300K baht on iphones. This does not include cameras & Android devices. Designer bag cost ar least 60K each. So, don't be quick to judge.

MMMMMMMMMMMM you wear a shoulder bag mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's not like spending 1 million baht a year makes you rich in Thailand. Everyone that have bought a condo, house or car have spent a lot more. Or just renting a good apartment in Bangkok or staying in a service apartment make you spend 50-70% of that amount just on the rent 

Tell that to the small guest house owners, the small restaurants, motorbike rentals, spas etc and we'll see what they'll tell you...  Once they lose their income I am sure those who spend over 10mil a year will be very happy to assist them...

You're right, even at 10 million you're not really helping very many people…