New Fishing Lake On Samui

Hi folks

Whilst down there in Samui a few months back, I was told that there were plans afoot to open a well stocked freshwater fishing lake.

Anyone know if this is open yet or how it's coming along?

Here's their website.

It's up and running, around the Baan Taaling Ngaam area.

great spot! very well arranged and organized.

highly recommended

Thanks for the info guys, I'll pay it a visit next time I'm down that way.

with the prices published can you have the catch as well?

catch and release only pluse you will have to pay for any coaching you may need

highly recommended

what is this? :o catching a fish and releaseing it, instead of eating it, heard it before

but couldn't believe it, is there somthing to it that people still pay?

I heard deep sea fishing you can have the catch, they charge like 1000 bhat only

I'm sure I've seen somewhere that you can get the fish cooked.Might only apply to certain species you catch there.I mean you wouldn't want to it carp.

• 6 months later...

TOPCATS was opened in Taling Ngam recently if that's what you mean - very nice, English atmosphere, seems like a real English Pub on a Sunday afternoon with a Lake and some bungalows around it. Quite on the pricey side, so for wealthy residents or tourists but once a year for the average Joe also very nice.

Enjoyed a really nice Sunday afternoon there with a few friends recently - no fishing though but we saw a few and they are HUGE!!!!

Cheers & good luck

Hi folks

Whilst down there in Samui a few months back, I was told that there were plans afoot to open a well stocked freshwater fishing lake.

TOPCATS was opened in Taling Ngam recently if that's what you mean - very nice, English atmosphere, seems like a real English Pub on a Sunday afternoon with a Lake and some bungalows around it. Quite on the pricey side, so for wealthy residents or tourists but once a year for the average Joe also very nice.

Enjoyed a really nice Sunday afternoon there with a few friends recently - no fishing though but we saw a few and they are HUGE!!!!

Cheers & good luck

Hi folks

topcats,good set up,mega pricey for samui people,tourist prices,not enough fish caught daily to make it value for money!1 rod and bait 2200 baht for 6 hours they do a lush tuna pizza though!...for best value..hop a ferry to chumpon,get a train or bus to cha am,try the fishing park!for between 800 and 1200 baht you can fish 2 rods for 24hrs,have bungalow ,food and drink,bait..tip the guide a few baht and he will help ya bigtime....arm acheing stuff..mekong catfish and thai carp allday!

highly recommended

what is this? :o catching a fish and releaseing it, instead of eating it, heard it before

but couldn't believe it, is there somthing to it that people still pay?

I heard deep sea fishing you can have the catch, they charge like 1000 bhat only

That's because God did not charge to put the fish in the sea if he had it would cost you a great deal more then 1000 THB.

The problem is , all EUROPEANS come here expect EUROPEAN returns.Talk about leases being too dear or whatever. They never look at the big picture.But then who wants to go & fish in a man made pond?

Good luck to them. Seeing the business alive in 2 or 3 years? I doubt it.

What honest fisherman would go there? But then it might be different in Europe.

I just tend to be ,the type of ,drop the line over the edge & try & catch. NOT guaranteed a catch lmao.

It ain't my cup of tea, the fish don't have far enough to run, it's far too small. There are some beautiful fish in there and some bigguns, but there's no challenge. If I wanna catch fish that way I go Bung Sam Lan where you catch all day long.

Personally I prefer more of a challenge and also to fish in a more natural setting.

...for best value..hop a ferry to chumpon,get a train or bus to cha am,try the fishing park!for between 800 and 1200 baht you can fish 2 rods for 24hrs,have bungalow ,food and drink,bait..tip the guide a few baht and he will help ya bigtime....arm acheing stuff..mekong catfish and thai carp allday!

This sounds really good meatgrowler, tell us more about it. Sounds like a great place to go for a couple of days and inexpensive.

...for best value..hop a ferry to chumpon,get a train or bus to cha am,try the fishing park!for between 800 and 1200 baht you can fish 2 rods for 24hrs,have bungalow ,food and drink,bait..tip the guide a few baht and he will help ya bigtime....arm acheing stuff..mekong catfish and thai carp allday!

This sounds really good meatgrowler, tell us more about it. Sounds like a great place to go for a couple of days and inexpensive.

not much else to add mafaso,get yaselfs to ch am,either ferry to chumpon from samui,or train/bus from surathani.......head to cha am......any taxi driver will know of the fishing park...all is catered for...nice aircon bungalow and tv,food menu....etc....great place to go for a weeekend break....check it out....ask a guide to set you up for a gahore{thai carp}....awesome fighters.....goood luck,catch a biiggy :o

Catching breaded fish in artificial lakes is a joke, the fish is half dead there because of lack of oxygen so when a big one bites its like dragging a rock from the water. You might as well go hunting caged animals in the zoo.